About Promised Land State Park - Pickerel Point Campground
Promised Land State Park - Pickerel Point Campground is located in Pennsylvania
-75.1938 W
8 Reviews of Promised Land State Park - Pickerel Point Campground
Amazing Views

We had site 100 and amazing views of the water from our camper. The trails were beautiful, recommend little falls trail. The bathrooms were clean with nice hot showers.

Broken Promises

Dont bother trying to camp here if you're not 55+ with plain hair, in a heterosexual relationship and no dogs. My friend and I were SOOOO disrespected when in the camp check in. We asked questions so that we were not out of regulation (in regards to where our dogs could swim) and were met with no helpful information and responses such as "we dont recommend it" with no explanation and plenty of attitude. We can confirm that this disrespect was based solely on our appearance because the older woman behind us got tons of information and tried to assist us in our journey. Peace out PA and all PA State Parks for life, if this is how you treat other humans.

My favorite close to home spot

Certain sites allow pets. My favorite site does, plus I can launch my kayak right from there! The only drawback is no alcohol allowed, but most State Parks are like that I think. All photos below are taken from my site.

Peaceful and welcoming
  • sites are big / nice beach
  • quiet and relaxing
  • welcoming / new
  • on the water
  • easy to find
Lake front camping

Great lake camping…Tent-Cabin. Watch the local roads for potholes

Home away from home!

This state park Is only 20 minutes from home and we love spending time there. Almost every campsite is close to the water. Our site had kayak access and that was a real bonus. It is a spotless facility. Evan in August it was not crowded .

Pickerel Point Campground

This is a very clean well run campground. They have camping cottages, RV, and tent sites along the lake. The facilities are super clean and showers are available. There is even laundry if you feel the need to wash a load :)

A family friendly campground sure to bring your family a great camping experience. The swimming beach is great for the kids, and the lake is great for fishing and paddling fun. There are trails not to far for hiking and biking. The area also has an abundance of wildlife to see. We have seen deer, black bears, and the majestic bald eagle.

Ranger led programs are run on certain weekends and is great way for children to learn about the outdoors.

You won't be sorry visiting this park

Has it all

Beautifly renewed in the last few years. Near by walking trails, boating, a park, fishing, and swimming.