The best BOAT IN camping near
Gurdane , OREGON

Most Recent Gurdane Camping Reviews
Lovely spot right on the river

I enjoyed my night at this campground. The spots by the river offer lovely views. Those in the interior, not so much. There were many large rigs here. The walking/running trail at the back of the campground is in good condition and meanders along for 3 miles, 1.5 in either direction from the campground. The bathrooms are clean, warm, showers are hot. Mirrors and an electric outlet let you use your hairdryer in the spacious bathroom. I hooked up to 30 amps and it worked great. Water was off during my stay. There is okay wifi, better than I expected, but a little slow. I checked in using pay by envelope after consulting the board at the entrance for available spots. Grocery, gas, a brewery and a cafe were nearby. I stayed in winter, but a nice beach is right next door. There is a playground in the center of the camp and a huge frisbee golf course off the trail. Kids will enjoy the woodsy areas off the hiking path.

Quiet, scenic with the romantic sound of trains passing through in the night. I highly recommend.

Great little stop!

We stayed here in the off season, it’s first come first served parking, which ended up being really great for us. We got to park with a view of the river and away from other RVs. The spaces are large, there is a bathroom and showers on site. There is a nice walking path, and loads of grass and beach and places to walk your dog. We all had a very nice overnight experience.

Near the I-82 Bridge Oregon side

There are few campgrounds near Umatilla, OR and when we were there several public facilities were closed. We very rarely ever stay at RV parks but it was getting late and we had just driven on 395 through the snow and fog. There were tent sites available for $20 so we checked in at the office to be assigned our spot. Unfortunately, someone was there who hadn’t paid so we were told to choose another. They had the better spot but we just took another as they were in a tent and probably freezing to death.

During the night, some people camping in their truck would start the engine every hour to keep warm plus the truck traffic over the I-82 bridge was noisy. This was in late October 2020 during a cold snap.

The only good thing is that the flush toilets were clean and you could take showers using coins. There was a key code for the bathrooms and free WiFi. There were shade trees and a nice lawn area, but the area with hookups was further from the traffic.

We would probably not stay here again.

Clean and accessible

Be advised that if you go in the off-season the spots are first come first served. We were disappointed to find there was no water hookup as they had already winterized. It would have been nice if that had been included in the outgoing message so we could have gotten water else wear…. as the nightly rate was the same with or without. Other than that it was a clean and comfortable park with a great 2.8 mile trail for biking and/or walking along the river. The trail has a great little microbrewery that serves pizza so bring your wallet! If you venture down to the Rivers Edge Lodge you’ll find the trail continues a bit further along the river out in front. I would give this a 5 star but my camping style requires more trees and privacy but as far as open RV Parks this was very nice. We were in spot 27 which sits sideways to the river with a nice view.

Clean and quiet

The Umatilla Marina & RV Park is a small park on the edge of Oregon and Washington along the Columbia River. The park is clean, well maintained, and has water, electricity, and a dump station.

The marina has a large parking lot and spots to clean fish. There is a nice park and swimming area for kids.

The McNary Dam and Fish window are a few miles down the road and well worth a visit (when open).

Very clean, spacious camp spots. Highly recommend this area

Hidden gem

We stayed in the overflow parking lot down the road from the main campground. The campground is gorgeous with roomy sites and grass everywhere. The overflow parking offers water and electric in a concrete parking lot, dump station is located at campground. There is plenty of room for your rig and a boat in the parking lot. I can’t say enough about how pretty the overflow area was! It is located at a park with ample grass. It is walking distance to swim and or fish.

LOVE

My family loves this place, so beautiful. My grandma requested to have her ashes specifically spread here

Nice campsites, close to the river and beach/cove and Marina

Stayed here for four nights.  Was last week in June so temperatures in the 90's.  Beach/cove is very nice and good place to paddle-board or kayak.  Didn't use restrooms but the rest of the campground was clean and tidy.  Not much traffic within the campground.  Some interstate noise but not bad.  Full hook-ups, picnic table and shade trees.  Check-in staff was very friendly.

Spacious and green

This is a beautiful campground with lots of trees and spacious sites. Great view of the river with clean and well kept sites. There is a cool walking trail with various exercise equipment along the path. Dog 🐕 friendly and clean/hot showers.