Corvallis, OREGON

Most Recent Corvallis Camping Reviews
Standard KOA

Very standard KOA right off the highway.

Nice big park

Walk to a great beach. Walk in the forest. Reasonable rates. Firewood just great.

Well loved but well maintained park

Pretty awesome campsites right on the river. That is incredibly well appointed. Full hookups for RVs electric and water. Dump station.

Some Tent sites have a built in shelter over picnic tables. Communal recycling bins. Sink dump sites near all campsites. Very nice bathrooms with full showers.

Handful of sites on the river itself. Big group camping sections and awesome group picnic shelter/hall. Day use facilities.

Very wooded and the campsites feel private. Not far from Salem. Playground and activities for the kids. Small info hut and amphitheater. Well loved but well maintained park but is affordable on BLM land.

Great for group camping!

We stayed here for a church group camping event.  Clean bathrooms, great sites.  Lots of room for kids to run around.  Close to the beach and a great local brewery.

Loved this campground !

I camped here 2 nights at the end of my bicycle trip down the Oregon coast (wanted to continue but had to get back to work) I had reserved the site >1 month in advance through the app (Recreation.gov) and hoped it would be a good tent site. It was pretty good but we had to get creative to find room for our 2 small tents. The campground seems more geared to mostly campers and RVs, but there are a lot of sites with good space for tents too. I highly recommend this campground and wish it was closer to my home because I want to go back again!!

Great campground, ok hiker-biker area

I’ve camped here (yurt) once a decade ago and loved it. Then I stayed here in Sept 2019 at the Hiker-Biker area while bicycling down the Oregon coast. The biker camp area is fairly nice with lots of room to choose a good site. However it’s pretty isolated away from much of the rest of the campground and the only toilet facilities were 2 port-a-potties, they weren’t terribly gross but definitely not the cleanest I’ve seen. If you want a shower it’s somewhere in the area of the other campground loops. There are 3 small hard plastic lockers for bike campers to lock up their food and other items - however they are fairly old and it’s difficult to get the door to fully close on 2 of them. Each locker does have an electrical outlet so you can charge your phone or other electronic items. The walk out on the beach is beautiful and when I was there (middle of September) there were a few whales just offshore- incredible to just watch as the sun was setting! Overall, recommend this campground but wish that a few improvements could be made to the biker site.

By the sea.

Loved this campground.

Nice area and plenty of activities

It's a nice area, but has been overrun with homeless people and garbage.

Close to beach

Large campground with lots of people but still feels like you’re camping. Great beach access.

Nice Camp Sites at the very back

Camped here a few times over the years..most of the sites are very open with no privacy but if you go right to the back on the right there are a couple of sites off the road and the back is the mountain..36 is a good one.

But its a wonderful place to stay anyway.

A few years back me and the wife did the trek up to the viewing place..its a really rough climb so be fit..but the scene provided was breathtaking..wonderful

Wonderful Beach

Camped here in May and managed to get one of the 2 Yurts available.

This is RIGHT ON 101  its a mere sliver of forest between 101 and the beach.

The yurt was amazing and at least kept the road noise to a miniumum.

The reason to come here is the magnificent almost empty beach..its breath taking great.

We strolled around the campground and it seemed to me they got it all wrong, they had the RV sites nearest the beach and furthest from 101..while the poor tenters were right up against the highway.

As a tenter there is no way i would stay here it would be unbearable without ear plugs, they should have the big RVs next to the road as tbhey dont hear a thing inside and the tents next to the beach.

But still a well maintained fanily campground with a beautiful empty beach

Average Coastal RV type park

I have stayed here a few times mostly when the kids were younger, but recently stayed here in a Yurt.

Its basicalky a RV type place..crowded sites, no privacy  and tons of screaming kids.

Its clean and there are some trails ( one very easy ) to the beach which is quite nice.

The hosts are excellent if busy.

The Yurt was great , but be prepared for the fog horns going off all night on the jetty.

Good for RVs and kids,

Noisy

Used to camp here now and again, but not my thing anymore.

I am at heart a tent camper and used this park when the kids were younger because of the amenities.

But the last time the noise of huge RV generators going for hours and hours was the final straw.

This is a great campsite for huge RVs  for tenters its pretty useless

Nice and Easy

This is  simple, primitive campground mostly centered around a small picturesque lake.

There are a few other sites dispersed in the area. One of the best ones is just around the bend from the lake sites and its of the road and gets more sun, if thats your thing.

When i visited mid week in July it was empty.

Its quite a distance on sometimes very rough gravel roads, with no tirn outs and sometimes large drops on one side, so be very careful with log trucks .

But i made it OK with my beat up old Grand Caravan.

Enjoyed

Great all year.

Have camped and"yurted" in this park ever since i came to Oregon at least twice a year.. Its a great campground if you have younger kids as there are hot showers and nice bathrooms for the little urchins.

As you can imagine its very busy and crowded in the Summer..almost like a small refugee camp sometimes. But when you have kids thats a good thing. During the off season most of the tent loops are closed down and its much more peaceful. You can enjoy the natural splendors of the park.

The park is basically built along the banks of a lush creek and many of the areas between loops are marshy and quite natural. The nature walk along the crek is cool also but watch out for speeding mountain bikers. I was there this month( Feb) and it was great. Will always come back. Great park great memories. Also i guess its not camping but have found AT&T has good coverage( 4 G 3 bars) while Verizon has nothing at all.

Beautiful Campground with Huge Trees and Lots of Waterfalls

Since we had a wedding to attend in Oregon, it gave me a chance to visit Silver Falls State Park. My first impression was how crowded the campground was during the middle of the week. The bath house was more than I expected, especially for a state park. I don’t know whether or not the other Oregon State Parks have modern bath house facilities like this one, but I was impressed. The campsite that I chose was flat and had plenty of shade, and the trees were huge. As a lover of all things natural, especially trees, this was great. It hadn’t rained in a while, so I couldn’t judge how well the site would drain, especially since there were no raised tent pads. The main attraction for this large state park is obviously centered on waterfalls and trails. I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them, but the ones I did get to see were impressive. South Falls is a short hike, and you can walk behind it. From the bridge facing the waterfall, it looks like the Garden of Eden. You can also walk to the top of the waterfall. North Falls also is a short hike. Although it is not as high as South Falls, it is one that is worth the hike. The main campground areas were booked, but the group camping area had quite a few sites available the first day we were there. However, the next day, the group camping area was also filling up since it was getting closer to the weekend. Overall, I was impressed with this campground. Unfortunately, I probably will not get to visit it again for quite a while since I live 2,500 miles away. With that said, I do highly recommend this state park and campground.

Wide open large sites

Great campground, easy to get in and out with level sites. Facilities were nice, right on the river, close to town. Would stay here again if in the area. No complaints

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state park's camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

The best part about the campsite is that it's located in the middle of the statepark, there are plenty of trailheads around. We did the whole trail of ten falls - about 10 miles, and we definitely recommend it. The day-use area is also recommended. As it was raining the whole day, we really appreciated, that it was one of the rare places where we found covered grill area so we could prepare lunch here without getting wet.

All in all an A+++ location

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state parks camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

All in all an A+++ location

Close to Town

Definitely felt like town camping. Sites are close with limited privacy. Sitting around the campfire, we could see into other people's trailers. We took a drive around and decided the outside sites next to the nature trails would be better than in any of the loops. It was perfect for our Newport plans though! Very close to town, jetty, dock and beach.

Beautiful!

This one s a great beach campground with a handful of tent camping spots and many RV spots. The beach is very easy access and during the week, there were only a handful of people using the beach. After 5 days of camping throughout the area, I was thankful for the availability of a warm shower. The only drawback was the constant noise from the 101. Just a tip for you tent campers…A11 has a great ocean view

Nice site

The campsites felt decently spread out with lots of trees and well cared for. The water pump says water is safe for drinking but the water does come out murky. The highlight is the access to the river. Will have to return during the warmer season. The road noise did keep me up at night, the river wasn’t flowing enough to drown it out. It’s still a beautiful area and I plan to return.

Not Camping, Nice Park

Okay, this isn’t really camping, it’s more like parking in a parking lot so don’t have an expectation that it’s a camping atmosphere. That being said, this is a very nice place to get off I-5 and park an RV with all the amenities. You can walk to several restaurants and the outlet mall. There is a great laundry room, clean bathrooms and showers, pool, pet areas, and nicely paved, level, but crowded sites.

The Silence of Crashing Waves

A drive to the top of Cape Perpetua and a jaunt down to the Visitor Center is one of a view most breathtaking. Traveling down the cliffside in the summer, a crazy amount of flowers can be seen. This park is beyond serene.

Crowded but nice

South Beach SP Oregon Site B1 Memorial Weekend Crowded but nice. Some loops very narrow rods and lots of kids on bikes. We were in a back in end site. A bit more room but beach access walkway next to us meant a lot of foot traffic. Large open beach with small waves. Access is ADA friendly. Level asphalt pad. Minimal privacy from trees but they do provide some shade. So.e skeeters but not to bad yet. Large trees at rear or site. Average bathhouse close by. CG has yurts, and tent sites too. Great restaurant close to SP has fresh crab, salmon, halibut and cod. Right next to it is a fresh cherry stand

Very nice privacy

We tent camped and LOVED having bushes separate each tent site. Really enjoyed having privacy! Nice little walk down to the bay.

Waterloo County Park

Campground with something for everyone! Right on the river for swimming or fishing. If you drive up the road, you can float down the river to your campground! This park even has a disc golf course to enjoy while you camp. There’s a park area with a playground for the kids to play. Spaces are large, and nicely spaced out.

Equestrian Trails!

Great trails that have a little bit of everything. Some of the hills are long and great for but muscles 😂♥️ There were a few issues with bees, or some kind of but that bites, the last time I went (late August) so maybe bring extra fly spray and/or bug replant.

Great beaches.

Some amazing ocean front spots. The highway side can be quite noisy from Hwy 101. Ocean side is near enough to the waves that it overpowers the Hwy.

Easy, popular campground

A loop - you can hear highway 101. Lots of RV spots. Best tent sites are on the outer (north) sides of the loops. Especially C,D and E loops. Ranger station and junior ranger program. Great family campground.