Yurts
About Valley of the Rogue State Park
Valley of the Rogue State Park is located in Oregon
25 Reviews of Valley of the Rogue State Park
Great location!

Clean, easy access, river close by, and have everything you need. Right off I-5 and close to town of Rogue River if you need food or supplies.

Good spot, not riverfront

For the price ($29 EW/$31 Full) it's a great spot. We stayed in F loop, partial hookups, and there's a Riverside walking trail to get you down by the river. Looks like some other spots in the area have spots right on the river but they're pricier. The state park is quiet and the spots are spaced out pretty well.

Lots of amenities and lots of people

This is a really big campground with lots of trees and lawn space. The sites are kind of close together, there isn't much privacy. The showers and other amenities are really nice. Our campsite was about a 2 minute walk from the river. We visited during the week in August and the got the very last campsite available.

Just Okay

I feel like I should probably like this campground more, after reading other reviews that call it the "best campground in Oregon" and such, for me it was just kind of meh. The campground is huge with numerous loops full of RVs and tents, and there's plenty of grass and space for running around, but most of the sites are really on top of each other without much in the way of privacy in-between. It's also right off the I-5 freeway and you can definitely hear the traffic.

For us the absolutely best park was the ranger program/camp host activity that was going on while we were there. They had water activities, a tent to check out animal skulls and such, and lots of kids hanging out and playing. I don't know, however, if that event was specific to the awesome camp hosts who were there at the time or if it's always going on.

Overall a pretty basic campground with some major drawbacks including the traffic noise and less-than-exciting campsites, though we never made it down to the river, which I'm sure would have been a lot more fun.

Lot's of amenities

This park was filled with green lawns and very clean, new, showers. The Rogue River was very accessible. The campground was also full of people, mostly families with small children.

Popular State Park Near the Rogue River

Popular state park on the banks of the Rogue River in Southern Oregon. Numerous RV camp loops with cement pads. Full-Hook-ups available, though sites are close together. There are a few that are near the shoreline of the river. Tent camping also available on-site, though the whole campground is near I-5 in that the main entrance is through a rest area. That said, it’s a well loved and well used park with nice facilities. When we were there the camp host was hosting a cool junior ranger program complete with a tent of nature artifacts and activities for the kids.

Clean and calm! But close to i5

Grest, clean facilities. A decent amount of space between campsites… But it is very very close to the interstate so its pretty loud at night. It is located on the river though, so that is nice!

Perfect quick & easy stop from Ca to Wa

I read reviews before I came and knew what to expect. It was convient to pull off Hwy 5 after a long trip with 4 kids and set up camp quickly. We had a tent site -A9 and it was a roomy site close to a very clean bathroom. It was definitely close to the freeway and you can hear the car traffic, but we were so tired that it was nice white noise.

There was a nice trail by our site and it runs along the river, which can be accessed in a few places where the brush has been cut back. We would definitely stop here again on our way up to Wa again.

Best State Campground in Oregon

This is a great campground just outside of Grant’s Pass, OR. We used it as a stop over on the way to Crater Lake so we could get up early and get a good spot at one of the National Park campgrounds. The sites are decently far apart from one another, but there isn’t a ton of privacy. The best part is most certainly the amenities - including free showers! There’s a decent amount of shade and it’s not far from town if you need to stock up on supplies. The staff is very friendly and the bathrooms are clean.

beautiful park

so far my visit is excellent. love this place.