Central Oregon, OREGON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Central Oregon Camping Reviews
Awesome Views & Solitude

First off, I had a great time staying here. Before I arrived I had some ideas of what my stay would be like and while I did have a nice stay, it was not exactly the trip I had expected. I am a female in my early twenties and was tent camping solo for the first time. I grew up camping with my family so I am experienced but this was my first time camping completely alone. When I planned my trip I assumed this was a spot where other travelers and campers would stay so I was hoping that the presence of other people would provide some comfort to counter the fact that I was camping alone. When I arrived there were people in the day use area but as I drove back to where people would normally camp there was nobody in sight. As the evening came I realized there was not going to be any other campers for miles. Needless to say I made it through the night just fine with no emergencies but I was so nervous the whole time that I had a very restless sleep with my hand practically on my bear spray all night.

I woke up the next morning, went on a beautiful hike with some amazing views and continued on my road trip. Overall the location is great, I would camp here again if I were with other people or if I were staying in a converted van or camper of some sort. But being a solo, young, female tent camper in this location without any other campers around for miles was a little too scary for my taste.

Beauty as far as the eye can see!!!

My 12 year old son loved the hikes here, as did we parents. Wonderful scenery!!!

Fall relaxing weekend

Clean, well maintained, cooking supplies provided, heated house with fridge. Outhouse was clean. Recommended bring you own light, the lanterns did not provide a lot of light and your own blanket for the beds.

Small Campground on the Crooked River

This small campground is one of many along the Crooked Wild and Scenic River.  It has only 7 spots, 1 being a group site.  The campground sits between the Crooked River and The highway.  Luckily the highway is not a busy one and traffic didn't cause too much noise at night.  The spots were large and could fit multiple tents or some RV's depending on size.  Some of the spots were next to the River while a couple were nearby the river and more next to the highway.  There were several river access spots for people looking to fish.  I did stay here during hunting season, so a lot of the people camping looked like hunters and were firing off guns very early in the morning.

There was 1 pit toilet and trash bins, but no potable water.

I would recommend this campground if you find yourself in this area.  Does seem like it could fill up in the summer.

Top of the pass

Camp ground is high up over 4700 feet so even in the summer it tends to get a little chilly at night but not bad.

This is a medium busy campground right on the maon road, but its never too noisy after dark.

The place is very clean and the vault toilets well looked after and not stinky!

The spaces are a good size and the ones for tent camping are at the back of the loop.

Not much trails but you can find something to do.

One of my best nights camping was ip here. During the week late summer, Huge full moon, then the coyotes began to yip/howl..magnificent

Secluded

Nice free camp ground.

Have to becafreful and not pass the road you need to take off 26.

The road to the campground goes through private ranch lands then up into the forest.

The road is paved but has a few cattle grids and often times cattle laying on the road, but they move .

This place is never really busy even in the summer, but there is often a couple of sites taken.

Some nice trails lead off from the back of the site.

This is a nice place just to get away and miraculously i get a couple of bars on my AT&T cel.

It was nice and quite!

Not a bad place, the ground is sloped but very doable for tents. The road is really nice and car worthy. I was on my motorcycle and went off the back south side which I would not recommend for a family car.

Beautiful location, but part of the camp is closed

We tried to go to the GPS location stated at this listing but at one point the road was closed. We tried a different route and found couple of camping spots but without any signs. Luckily there was an other car camping there so we settled, and after all it was a beautiful location!

ok camp at awesome location

We arrived late in the evening and accidentally ended up at the free side of the camp (on the way in you need to turn left for the maintained area, which we didn't notice, but there was couple campsites built by the road continuing further). It was totally fine, we missed having a picnic table, but still there was a grill spot. Awesome location, in general I recommend it

Great for boaters

Camping for bigger rvs the water can get low making the beach access muddy and smelly great little store