Medford, OREGON

Most Recent Medford Camping Reviews
A treat after dispersed camping

Though not free like the dispersed camping the dog and I were doing the days before this, it was a treat to have warm showers, bathrooms, a fenced dog exercise area, the security of other campers, and a picnic table to cook on. I stayed in a more "isolated" campsite with a tree screen from the other sites, because my dog is very protective. But it looked like there were great view sites further in the campgrounds, for those who don't need the privacy. There was easy river access from the camp and you can hear the coyotes yipping in the morning.

Tidy Park

Me and my daughter did some tent camping here in August.

We got massive space in the trees overlooking the lake, quite private.

Some of the larger spaces are quite open for tents, but everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Great family camp ground. and near the town of Shady Cove for groceries. And not far to Crater Lake.

Nice place.

Breathtaking Night Sky

Lovely little tent only( i guess you could get a camper up here).

This place was closed for the longest time and i think people forgot it was there when it re-opened.

Every time i have went its just me or one other camper.

Love it, but its bear country so be careful with your food.

The night sky up here is simply breathtaking..wonderful,

Strange and weird

I had always wanted to camp here , so this summer i got my chance.

The place was mostly empty even in July, and there were some strange characters around.

It wasnt paticularly beautiful, but OK i guess.

I dont kno why i just didnt like it here.

Lovely Lake

We were down in Southern Oregon for the Caves.

We stayed in the Heron loop which was the smallest and most primitive, It was wonderful and we had the whole south of the lake to ourselves. Firewood here is not bundled and since it was off season we got a huge amount for$5. The hosts were terrific. This was a wonderful quiet stay.

Will always be back.

This year it was pretty spendy for a tent site $24

Just my experience

I spent one night in Sept. 2019 after a rainy day. We stayed up front near the office and street in a 38 foot motorhome. Full hookups, gravel sites and paved roads. It was quiet though not far off the freeway in a commercial neighborhood. I saw nothing wrong and have no complaints; there was grass and worn picnic tables. Overall, it was certainly adequate and humble. I would stay again without hesitation. I cannot rate it higher because it is humble— it is not as glitzy as the highly rated parks.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Really cool camp at an amazing natural bridge

Located right next to a natural bridge, where the water goes under the floor in a lava tube.

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Popular paved campsites

Paved campsites, pet friendly, creek, trails, handicap accessible, RV, tent, camphost stays here, shaded.

Quieter, less used than Whiskey Springs

This campground is off to the right vs going to Whiskey Springs. There are trails, flat ground, fire pits, plenty of room for tent camping & RV. This is near a logging area, so you can bring your ATVs & go on the logging roads. Occasionally bear wonders through, so bring protection, otherwise worth the camping trip.

Good dry camp with toilets

Very nice location. Far from the road so no road noise. No reservations, first come first serve.

Right on the Rogue River. Excellent river side hike. Camp sites are very sized and spaced apart from neighbors.

Dry camping at Seven Feathers is a nice change from most places. Leveling is minimal, generator use is between 7 am - 10 pm. There is shuttle service that will take you to the truck stop, rv park, casino, to semi overflow lot or even to a local restaurant. BK is a block away if you prefer that. There is a 5 night max stay. And if all you want is a quick stop there is a Rest Area on the hill overlooking the valley with a 12 hour max stay. There are two private restrooms also. If you have a dog there is a fenced in pet area for off leash but it is rocky. The Dry Lot Area has 50 RV lanes and a very nice doggy area with a bench to sit on while the pet enjoys some grass time

Guess I got it all in the title. I will add that I was woke by someone going through the trash can at 10:30 one night looking for recycle. I won’t park near a trash can again. There is also a semi overflow area behind the truck stop. I went up there after a couple of questionable persons were hanging around the Dry Lot. The manager of the truck stop came over and told me that RVs were not supposed to park there but that there was a $10 charge to park for dropped trailers. How I qualify for that in a Class C with no towed I don’t know. But paid the charge as at least I would get some shade in the afternoon from the 103 deg on this day. But FYI… do NOT park in the overflow lot on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night. The gas station Lot fills up with semis, the overflow lot fills up and the Rest Area fills up! It was like a semi truck convention. I asked a driver why it was so bad on those two nights and he said those two nights the truckers haul a load north or south and drop it and then pick up a load and head back the next day and this is their stopover. So plan accordingly folks. 😀😀

Family friendly, with all the amenities.

Last year when I-5 was closed down due to the fires I had to take a detour and I was driving late at night and realized I wouldn’t make it to the next gas station along my route. I was stuck, nearly out of gas so I drove to Lake of the Woods resort and slept in the car from about 2am-5am, then walked the campground while I waited for the marina fuel pump to open. Very family friendly campground with looks like a popular lake for boaters. The staff at the store were very friendly and the coffee was delicious.

Hippie campground, Lithium water, pools

Lots of campers and rv ers. Pool, sauna. Crowded.

Beautiful Scenery, on the other hand..

Forestry was not friendly whatsoever. Decided to leave early. You can see Mount Shasta from this campground and it’s breathtaking, but I won’t be coming back.

Great free campsite

We enjoyed staying at Mt. Ashland. It is a marked campground that is FREE. Simply follow the road past the ski area and you will find it. All of the spots with fire rings were full when we got there, but there was space to park in the turnoffs or off-road past the campground for more private camping spots. It was quiet and peaceful. We stayed one night and we would stay there again! Great view from the mountain.

Best slice of Heaven in Southern Oregon!

This unique campground has everything you need! A hidden treasure!

Clean spacious park , pool for guests

Great place to stop and dump your rv tanks. Spacious pull through a w shade. Clean and big swimming pool for over night quests. Close to Ashland. Friendly people working the front desk w lots of snacks!

Really fun campground !!!

Fantastic campground. All types of cabins, tent, rv camping during Summer Season. Boating. Kid swim area. Little private beaches under the trees. Nice lodge restaraunt and bar. Outdoor bbq and music on weekends. Reserve ahead and driest come camping spots! Big families. Day rate parking too. I love this place.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

This park has been taken over by homeless people. If you stay here you must guard your campsite at all times. We made the mistake of leaving in the middle of the day to get groceries and they broke the lock to our trailer and stole over$1500 worth of goods. You will notice the park is mostly empty and this is why. Homeless panhandlers will be hitting you up before your car comes to rest and then daily. You have drug addicts shooting up in the kids park and then sleeping it off. I feel sorry for the actual locals who come to the park and have to endure this. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Great spot for the family!

My entire family has stayed here twice for family reunions and it has been a great spot for the entire family! They have cabins (tiny houses) for rent as well as spots for RVs! The lake is absolutely stunning and a great size for boating and fishing. The tiny cabins do have some critters living in them but as long as you don’t leave food on the counters you should be okay!

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Go ahead and pass on this one..

The good: it’s close to the river and the town of Rogue River. Oh and it’s cheap! The bad: it’s dirty(not well maintained grounds wise), mostly packed with RVs, and it’s small.

Awesome place!

This is a great place to stay that has all you could need! Cell reception, WiFi, pool, hot tub, Ashland is like 5 minutes away, restrooms, even a sauna! Clothing is optional in the pool area let at night so be aware if you’re not into that or have kids. tent sites aren’t separated meaning you pitch your tent in an area where everyone else does. Other than that, I Highly recommend!

Pretty nice place

Campground is really nice and sits across from the RV section more or less. Clean bathrooms, BBQ stoves, lots of space and green grass. Come here during summer and you can even go down the water slides which is like a 5 min walk away. Cell phone service is spotty with ATT. Lake is beautiful and is pretty much right in front of you. Definitely recommend!

Ranger Review: Eclipse Sun Sleeves at Valley of the Rogue State Park

Campground Review:

Along my summer road trip to the Pacific Northwest, I stopped in at this fantastic State Park! Perched right along side the Rogue River in the Valley of the Rogue, this gem of a campground is excellent for anyone traveling along the 5 freeway headed either north or south. It has 158 camp sites of which most are full hookup or partial hookup, with some pull through options. As I was camping with my In-laws who own an RV, there were plenty to choose from! They also have Yurts and group camping sites available. Other amenities include flush toilets, hot showers, a volleyball court, day use area, riverside trail, and green-way paved trail through the park.

My overall impression of the Park was great! The access was easy, as the park was right off the freeway. This seemed like it would deter from the overall appeal, but the river noise somewhat drowned out the traffic noise. I loved having walking-distance access to the river! The water was flowing fairly quickly due to the high snowfall this year, but there was a great rocked-off area just down from our campsite where you could get into the water and wade around without the fear of your dog or child getting swept away(though kids should be closely monitored near the water). We stayed over the 4th of July, and we were close enough to towns in the area to access fireworks shows and events. The only major downside was that the campsites were fairly close together with not much undergrowth for privacy. In general this was a great camping experience that I would recommend.

Product Review:

Occasionally I get the opportunity to review products as a Ranger for The Dyrt. During this camping experience I thoroughly enjoyed trying out my sun sleeves from Eclipse sun protective clothing.

My first impressions of the fit were apprehensive since I had read other reviews/comments that described the sleeves and clothes as running a bit small. I am 6’1”, around 200 lbs, and have an athletic build. The sleeves come in 3 sizes(Small, medium, and large) and the Large fit me perfectly! They were comfortable, light in material, and maintained a very cool temperature on my arms despite the 90+ degree temperatures. I am a cyclist and often use modular clothing during long bike rides, especially during the cold hours of the morning, but I had not been able to find a sleeve that wasn’t way too hot during summer days. This sleeve accomplished the feat nicely and I look forward to wearing it during some rides in the future. There were multiple colors to choose from, including some with decorative patterns(even pink polka dot and Leopard). I am not quite so flashy in my color choices so I chose Pewter and was very happy with the color as it looked very similar to the pictures in person. The sleeves breathed very well and wick away moisture quickly leaving my skin dry underneath. They have a convenient thumb hole and half-glove that can be used or simply folded up on the wrist if unneeded. I highly recommend these sleeves to anyone who is as fair as I am and does not prefer to wear sunscreen. I personally despise wearing sunscreen and it is a bad pollution to our streams, rivers, lakes, and oceans. These sleeves are a much more environmentally friendly option that are functional, stylish, and good quality.

Great alternative to Mazama!

We had a reservation for the night at Mazama, which NPS cancelled <24 hours prior to our arrival so we were left scrambling for another place to stay. This campground was on the list of outside-of-the-park alternatives, and we were able to grab a site (one of several that were available) when we arrived around 6pm. The campsite was nice and right along the creek, the water tasted great, and it's relatively close to Crater Lake.