Medford, OREGON

Most Recent Medford Camping Reviews
Perfect Winter Spot

Awesome lake access with a few different trails leading down to the water, or where it would be if the lake was full. Beautiful area and great areas for kids.

Great little campground

I went the first weekend in December and stayed one night. Had the whole place to myself and set up in one of the spots closest to the creek. There are fire pits and picnic tables at each spot. Had to pack everything in from the gate because it is off season but it was not difficult to do at all. I will be back hopefully with some snow next time!

Fantastic Fall Camping

I really enjoyed the 4 nights we stayed Nov ‘19. We fortunately had great weather, cool evenings/nights and warm days. I arrived before 5:00 without a reservation, picked a site, and called the county parks line to pay (I wasn’t thinking and didn’t have cash to pay on site). Very friendly person on the phone and very friendly camp hosts. The area is very dry right now and I look forward to camping there when there’s been some substantial rain. I didn’t use the showers, my friend did and said they were good, has a good layout. She did recommend shower shoes though. Overall I look forward to going again. It has what I want with access to things I like to do… hiking, kayaking, wine tasting, and campfires! We were in sites 24 and 25, great! The price was right too! $30/night

Amenities but gritty

We like to pick campgrounds that have extra amenities, like hot tubs or saunas. This one has both. The spa area is a nice add on to your stay. The facilities are old and therefore feel gritty. Which is the feeling that matches the campground. To get to the RV parking you have to drive/walk by the tent campers, which even off season, felt like those staying there permanently live in their tents and cars. Behind the RV parking is the area where full time residents live, which is also a bit rough. We didn’t feel unsafe, but we definitely didn’t feel like hanging out outside our RV or letting the kids play on the playground. If you go, don’t expect a resort. Think transient hippies and you’ll have your expectations aligned closer to reality.

Beautiful spot, close to town

We were here off season (October) so the water in the reservoir was very low. Despite seeing walls of dirt leading to the water, the view was still very pretty. Lots of stars at night. Quiet. Very exposed when heavy winds came up. I’m sure this is a super fun place to stay in the summer time — kayaking/SUP on the lake, playgrounds, and even a water park around the bend.

A treat after dispersed camping

Though not free like the dispersed camping the dog and I were doing the days before this, it was a treat to have warm showers, bathrooms, a fenced dog exercise area, the security of other campers, and a picnic table to cook on. I stayed in a more "isolated" campsite with a tree screen from the other sites, because my dog is very protective. But it looked like there were great view sites further in the campgrounds, for those who don't need the privacy. There was easy river access from the camp and you can hear the coyotes yipping in the morning.

Tidy Park

Me and my daughter did some tent camping here in August.

We got massive space in the trees overlooking the lake, quite private.

Some of the larger spaces are quite open for tents, but everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Great family camp ground. and near the town of Shady Cove for groceries. And not far to Crater Lake.

Nice place.

Breathtaking Night Sky

Lovely little tent only( i guess you could get a camper up here).

This place was closed for the longest time and i think people forgot it was there when it re-opened.

Every time i have went its just me or one other camper.

Love it, but its bear country so be careful with your food.

The night sky up here is simply breathtaking..wonderful,

Strange and weird

I had always wanted to camp here , so this summer i got my chance.

The place was mostly empty even in July, and there were some strange characters around.

It wasnt paticularly beautiful, but OK i guess.

I dont kno why i just didnt like it here.

Lovely Lake

We were down in Southern Oregon for the Caves.

We stayed in the Heron loop which was the smallest and most primitive, It was wonderful and we had the whole south of the lake to ourselves. Firewood here is not bundled and since it was off season we got a huge amount for$5. The hosts were terrific. This was a wonderful quiet stay.

Will always be back.

This year it was pretty spendy for a tent site $24

Just my experience

I spent one night in Sept. 2019 after a rainy day. We stayed up front near the office and street in a 38 foot motorhome. Full hookups, gravel sites and paved roads. It was quiet though not far off the freeway in a commercial neighborhood. I saw nothing wrong and have no complaints; there was grass and worn picnic tables. Overall, it was certainly adequate and humble. I would stay again without hesitation. I cannot rate it higher because it is humble— it is not as glitzy as the highly rated parks.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Really cool camp at an amazing natural bridge

Located right next to a natural bridge, where the water goes under the floor in a lava tube.

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Popular paved campsites

Paved campsites, pet friendly, creek, trails, handicap accessible, RV, tent, camphost stays here, shaded.

Quieter, less used than Whiskey Springs

This campground is off to the right vs going to Whiskey Springs. There are trails, flat ground, fire pits, plenty of room for tent camping & RV. This is near a logging area, so you can bring your ATVs & go on the logging roads. Occasionally bear wonders through, so bring protection, otherwise worth the camping trip.

Good dry camp with toilets

Very nice location. Far from the road so no road noise. No reservations, first come first serve.

Right on the Rogue River. Excellent river side hike. Camp sites are very sized and spaced apart from neighbors.

Dry camping at Seven Feathers is a nice change from most places. Leveling is minimal, generator use is between 7 am - 10 pm. There is shuttle service that will take you to the truck stop, rv park, casino, to semi overflow lot or even to a local restaurant. BK is a block away if you prefer that. There is a 5 night max stay. And if all you want is a quick stop there is a Rest Area on the hill overlooking the valley with a 12 hour max stay. There are two private restrooms also. If you have a dog there is a fenced in pet area for off leash but it is rocky. The Dry Lot Area has 50 RV lanes and a very nice doggy area with a bench to sit on while the pet enjoys some grass time

Guess I got it all in the title. I will add that I was woke by someone going through the trash can at 10:30 one night looking for recycle. I won’t park near a trash can again. There is also a semi overflow area behind the truck stop. I went up there after a couple of questionable persons were hanging around the Dry Lot. The manager of the truck stop came over and told me that RVs were not supposed to park there but that there was a $10 charge to park for dropped trailers. How I qualify for that in a Class C with no towed I don’t know. But paid the charge as at least I would get some shade in the afternoon from the 103 deg on this day. But FYI… do NOT park in the overflow lot on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night. The gas station Lot fills up with semis, the overflow lot fills up and the Rest Area fills up! It was like a semi truck convention. I asked a driver why it was so bad on those two nights and he said those two nights the truckers haul a load north or south and drop it and then pick up a load and head back the next day and this is their stopover. So plan accordingly folks. 😀😀

Family friendly, with all the amenities.

Last year when I-5 was closed down due to the fires I had to take a detour and I was driving late at night and realized I wouldn’t make it to the next gas station along my route. I was stuck, nearly out of gas so I drove to Lake of the Woods resort and slept in the car from about 2am-5am, then walked the campground while I waited for the marina fuel pump to open. Very family friendly campground with looks like a popular lake for boaters. The staff at the store were very friendly and the coffee was delicious.

Hippie campground, Lithium water, pools

Lots of campers and rv ers. Pool, sauna. Crowded.

Beautiful Scenery, on the other hand..

Forestry was not friendly whatsoever. Decided to leave early. You can see Mount Shasta from this campground and it’s breathtaking, but I won’t be coming back.

Great free campsite

We enjoyed staying at Mt. Ashland. It is a marked campground that is FREE. Simply follow the road past the ski area and you will find it. All of the spots with fire rings were full when we got there, but there was space to park in the turnoffs or off-road past the campground for more private camping spots. It was quiet and peaceful. We stayed one night and we would stay there again! Great view from the mountain.

Best slice of Heaven in Southern Oregon!

This unique campground has everything you need! A hidden treasure!

Clean spacious park , pool for guests

Great place to stop and dump your rv tanks. Spacious pull through a w shade. Clean and big swimming pool for over night quests. Close to Ashland. Friendly people working the front desk w lots of snacks!

Really fun campground !!!

Fantastic campground. All types of cabins, tent, rv camping during Summer Season. Boating. Kid swim area. Little private beaches under the trees. Nice lodge restaraunt and bar. Outdoor bbq and music on weekends. Reserve ahead and driest come camping spots! Big families. Day rate parking too. I love this place.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

This park has been taken over by homeless people. If you stay here you must guard your campsite at all times. We made the mistake of leaving in the middle of the day to get groceries and they broke the lock to our trailer and stole over$1500 worth of goods. You will notice the park is mostly empty and this is why. Homeless panhandlers will be hitting you up before your car comes to rest and then daily. You have drug addicts shooting up in the kids park and then sleeping it off. I feel sorry for the actual locals who come to the park and have to endure this. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Great spot for the family!

My entire family has stayed here twice for family reunions and it has been a great spot for the entire family! They have cabins (tiny houses) for rent as well as spots for RVs! The lake is absolutely stunning and a great size for boating and fishing. The tiny cabins do have some critters living in them but as long as you don’t leave food on the counters you should be okay!

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !