Yurts
Hike In
Nehalem State Park is located in Oregon
33 Reviews of Nehalem State Park
Super cool place!

Great dune area. Always horses riding on the beach too. Super neat experience

Almost on the beach

Really cool spot super close to the beach, just walk over the dune. Great parks for the kids. Lots of biking areas. Close to crabbing spots.

Easy beach campground

There is not a lot of privacy, as the spots are close together, but this is still one of our favorite places.

The yurts are great for months where weather is unsure.

You are located close to town and good grocery/coffee shops/bakeries.

And the beach access is super close.

Quiet, Safe, Clean, Affordable

I stayed here, arriving just after 9pm and ran in to the state park tripped on my way in. She was super kind and gave me directions around the park

The park has full washrooms which worked great as I was sleeping in my truck.

It also had a great playground for kids to play on.

The beach is the most peaceful thing I’ve ever seen at 6 am. It’s like you are the only soul that exist.

Was absolutely beautiful the one night stay.

Great Family Campground!

This campground has it all! Including playgrounds for the kids, beach access, group reservations, and quiet nights to enjoy the stars.

If you are a car camper then this is the place to be. Have little ones? This is perfect as campsites give clear views of play area and walk to beach perfect for excursions.

Nice state park on the coast

Nice, generous size campsites. Clean restrooms (saw a review that said just the opposite but I did not find this to be the case when we visited). When we purchased firewood, the camp host recommended the best loop for sunny sites (it had rained all day). Paved, flat driveways. Easy beach access directly from the campsite. Enjoyed our stay here, even though it was only for one night.

Cozy

Nice campground - plenty of amenities. Lots of kids and families around. Very close quarters though. Close to the beach and perfect for dogs!

Right on the beach!

When we Stayed: Early April, Wednesday-Friday

Overall Experience: our site was right next to the path to the beach - perfect!! It's a beautiful coastal wooded park so walking the dogs all around the campground was a pleasure.

Sites: we reserved online and picked a site right next to the path that led to the beach over the dunes. Our site was plenty big with lots of space between sites, although not a ton of privacy bc there were few trees directly between sites.

Campground: It's a huge campground so at least half the sites were not as close to the beach.

This park is Rad!

Even the breathtaking view from the highway is enough to go to Nehalem Bay State Park. The campground is nice, enough room to not feel packed in. The beach walk is steep and long, but oh so worth it! The beach is amazing…like when you all of a sudden look up and there’s the beach….it’s mind blowingly beautiful. A perfect playground for the day, and a great spot for a fire to watch the sun go down. There are also wonderful dunes to hunker down behind to have a less windy beach day. One day the wind was blowing the sand just high enough to hit unsuspecting toddlers in the face. When your not on the beach, Nehalem Bay has a very nice bike path that goes out past the bay and loops back around past the runway. Yes! A runway with small planes landing either for the day or for a weekend to fly-in-camp style! A beach day at the bay during lower tides is a must! So much sea life to watch. Birds dropping right down and grabbing fish. A seal popping it’s head out and looking at us. And a very awesome view cave dug below tree roots. That hike up is steep…but my toddler did it multiple times. It’s that cool and safe. She would scoot on her butt down then roll down towards the bottom. Nehalem Bay State Park is one extremely rad and fun park, one place that is now a yearly tradition of my family. I’m sure it will be one of your families too.

never disappoints

Bigger campground off a fabulous beach prime for kite flying and beaching. Minutes from Manzanita and just down the coast from Cannon Beach.