Crater Lake National Park, OREGON

Camping Oregon Crater Lake National Park
Most Recent Crater Lake National Park Camping Reviews
Free!

Free and beautiful! Great spot near Crater Lake National Park. Head down the hill to more remote tent sites.

Beautiful views, a bit too close to the road

This is a great campground if you're looking for something right off the road. We were able to snag a reservation here for labor day this summer, and it was a perfect place for us. The site we stayed at was just up the hill from the water, there were few other campers around us, and the site was well maintained. The only downside, and probably the reason we were able to grab a spot so close to labor day weekend, is that this site is almost directly next to the highway. The traffic noise wasn't horrible, but it definitely detracted from the outdoorsy experience. I'd still recommend this site because of how beautiful the water is, and if you walk just like 5-10 minutes towards the water you'll forget the road is even there!

A treat after dispersed camping

Though not free like the dispersed camping the dog and I were doing the days before this, it was a treat to have warm showers, bathrooms, a fenced dog exercise area, the security of other campers, and a picnic table to cook on. I stayed in a more "isolated" campsite with a tree screen from the other sites, because my dog is very protective. But it looked like there were great view sites further in the campgrounds, for those who don't need the privacy. There was easy river access from the camp and you can hear the coyotes yipping in the morning.

Tidy Park

Me and my daughter did some tent camping here in August.

We got massive space in the trees overlooking the lake, quite private.

Some of the larger spaces are quite open for tents, but everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Great family camp ground. and near the town of Shady Cove for groceries. And not far to Crater Lake.

Nice place.

Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

Big and open

Very open, big fields but the sites are in the trees.

Small quiet spot.

Nice and quiet spot!

Nice and Quiet!

Small but out of the way, nice place.

Needs more facilities

A beautiful campground, but not enough facilities for the amount of people booked here. We prepaid but weren't told which site we'd be in until arrival. They assigned a campsite in loop D where there was only one bathroom for the dozens of campsites in this loop, and the only way to access it was to walk along a road for cars (no paths cutting through to the center of the campground as most campsites have for a loop). Worrisome in the middle of the night.  We were not given a choice in our own campsite, and it's clear whoever assigned the sites didn't check to make sure they were inhabitable.

We arrived late in the evening, and it had been raining that day…our campsite that was assigned to us was completely flooded. We were frustrated that this campground didn’t consider booking people into dry sites instead of just the closest ones. There are only three showers for all of the campground and every loop to share. See annotated map. Not recommended.

So much better in person

Going to Crater Lake National Park has been one of my goals and I finally made it there. I’ve seen pictures but to see it for my self was magical. We enjoyed lunch at the gift shop. We drove around the rim to see it from different angles. We were supposed to take the boat tour but the boat was broken down. But we still enjoyed the hike down to the lake side.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Really cool camp at an amazing natural bridge

Located right next to a natural bridge, where the water goes under the floor in a lava tube.

Good RV spot

Nice park. We we're passing through the area. Decided to stay a 2nd night & go see Lake Crescent, 20-30 min drive away. The park was quiet & clean. Showers are nice, old houses converted to showers. So they have more of a "home" feel to them. Rather than the "public shower" a lot of places have. RV spots have partial & full hookups. Wifi & cable hookups as well. Good cel coverage in area too.

Just what we needed

This is a cute little campground, only a few miles from crater lake. We stayed here on our way through while we were exploring the crater. It has both RV and tent sites. All the ones I saw looked nice and flat and not too close to other people. The campground has a store, showers, food storage lockers, and a gas station. Everything you need really.

Like usual when we camp, we didn’t spend a whole lot of time at the campground. I would definitely recommend hitting Garfield peak trail and Cleetwood cove trail. They had some beautiful views of the crater. The area has some amazing hikes that range from easy to super hard, so it is something for everyone.

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Popular paved campsites

Paved campsites, pet friendly, creek, trails, handicap accessible, RV, tent, camphost stays here, shaded.

Quieter, less used than Whiskey Springs

This campground is off to the right vs going to Whiskey Springs. There are trails, flat ground, fire pits, plenty of room for tent camping & RV. This is near a logging area, so you can bring your ATVs & go on the logging roads. Occasionally bear wonders through, so bring protection, otherwise worth the camping trip.

Close campsites and spoiled campers

Not quite my style of camping with hot showers and flushing toilets but I understand that with the site being along the PCT some people would be in heaven there. The sites are all very close and not very secluded.

The wildlife in the campsite was awesome for my 2yr old. They campground was very clean as were the  restrooms. Trails were well maintained and so many options. 7 miles from Crater Lake Rim Village.

Good dry camp with toilets

Very nice location. Far from the road so no road noise. No reservations, first come first serve.

Right on the Rogue River. Excellent river side hike. Camp sites are very sized and spaced apart from neighbors.

Perfect Location

Great location on the N.Umpqua. We used this as home base for our Crater Lake exploration weekend. One of the most diverse campgrounds I’ve experienced. Drinking water, flush toilet, hot shower and very friendly and knowledgeable Camp Host. 11 spots that are spacious and even though you’re right off the highway it feels secluded and is very quiet overnight. Access to boat launch and recreation area on N.Umpqua. 5 miles away from put-in site for boat/kayak tours. 11 nearby waterfalls to easily access and explore- such a gem of a campsite!

Nice campground!

This was a perfect little campground conveniently located to Crater Lake. The camp spots were roomy and it didn't feel like we were camping on top of our neighbors. Check-in was easy at the camp store and everyone was really friendly. Each camp spot had a bear locker, fire pit, and picnic table. Bathrooms were very clean. Highly recommend for your adventures at Crater Lake.

Very Quite and Relaxing

We stayed one night on August 17 through August 18, 2019, in campsite A5, the overnight cost was$24, there was no electrical or water service). The site was level, only needed 2 inch lift to level left side. The campground is at an elevation of 5180 ft.

Access to the campground was right off hwy 138, which is a few miles from the north entrance to Crater Lake. Our 28 ft travel trailer easily fit with room to spare in our site. Once we enter the campground, the asphalt pavement surrounds the campsites as we drove directly to our campsite, each campsite pad also asphalt. Weather was sunny upper 80's, the nights low 40's.

This is a very quite campground, there was no noise from main road entering the campground. Activities we enjoyed at the campground to keep busy was hiking and moutain biking. The restroom was a couple spaced down from our campsite. The free showers were also easy to find and had great water pressure. The lake is very nice, smooth water and a few mosquitos, but not that bad.

My wife and I enjoyed the campground, we will stay again next time we travel to Crater Lake, Oregon.

Family friendly, with all the amenities.

Last year when I-5 was closed down due to the fires I had to take a detour and I was driving late at night and realized I wouldn’t make it to the next gas station along my route. I was stuck, nearly out of gas so I drove to Lake of the Woods resort and slept in the car from about 2am-5am, then walked the campground while I waited for the marina fuel pump to open. Very family friendly campground with looks like a popular lake for boaters. The staff at the store were very friendly and the coffee was delicious.

Really fun campground !!!

Fantastic campground. All types of cabins, tent, rv camping during Summer Season. Boating. Kid swim area. Little private beaches under the trees. Nice lodge restaraunt and bar. Outdoor bbq and music on weekends. Reserve ahead and driest come camping spots! Big families. Day rate parking too. I love this place.

The views almost make up for getting screamed at

I slept on the island, which was a unique experience. The camp ground was clean and very well maintained. Overall, a pleasant experience. That being said: I made my reservation over the phone on the same day. The lady was cordial and sounded nice over the phone when I let her know that I would be arriving later in the evening. However, when I arrived I was "greeted" by a man in a neon yellow shirt yelling at me from across the parking lot. He was telling me to leave and that I needed to "turn my *ss around and get off the property". This was very unsettling as a single woman traveling at night to an unknown campground. I replied to him by saying that I had a reservation. He shrugged and walked away, but continued to watch me set up camp at my designated campsite. I brought this up with the owner, and she made excuses for him (apparently he was the maintenance employee) , saying that they had been having problems with people using the campground as a park. Regardless, I suggested that they treat anyone who comes onto their property with kindness until they figure out whats going on. No paying guest should be yelled at. Ever. I will not be returning to this campground.

One of our favorite campgrounds

A great place to get away from the rat race. Cell phone service is a bit sketchy, but that is one of the reasons I love it. Fishing is good after restocking. The peace and quiet is what it is all about.

Lakeside Camping

This campground offers a bunch of lake view/ lake front camping sites. The sites are spacious with tons of bathrooms (yes, they are super clean for being pit toilets!) and water spouts! The mosquitoes aren’t terrible but are definitely present.

Great spot for the family!

My entire family has stayed here twice for family reunions and it has been a great spot for the entire family! They have cabins (tiny houses) for rent as well as spots for RVs! The lake is absolutely stunning and a great size for boating and fishing. The tiny cabins do have some critters living in them but as long as you don’t leave food on the counters you should be okay!