Yurts
Hike In
Silver Falls State Park is located in Oregon
44 Reviews of Silver Falls State Park
Beautiful Campground with Huge Trees and Lots of Waterfalls

Since we had a wedding to attend in Oregon, it gave me a chance to visit Silver Falls State Park. My first impression was how crowded the campground was during the middle of the week. The bath house was more than I expected, especially for a state park. I don’t know whether or not the other Oregon State Parks have modern bath house facilities like this one, but I was impressed. The campsite that I chose was flat and had plenty of shade, and the trees were huge. As a lover of all things natural, especially trees, this was great. It hadn’t rained in a while, so I couldn’t judge how well the site would drain, especially since there were no raised tent pads. The main attraction for this large state park is obviously centered on waterfalls and trails. I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them, but the ones I did get to see were impressive. South Falls is a short hike, and you can walk behind it. From the bridge facing the waterfall, it looks like the Garden of Eden. You can also walk to the top of the waterfall. North Falls also is a short hike. Although it is not as high as South Falls, it is one that is worth the hike. The main campground areas were booked, but the group camping area had quite a few sites available the first day we were there. However, the next day, the group camping area was also filling up since it was getting closer to the weekend. Overall, I was impressed with this campground. Unfortunately, I probably will not get to visit it again for quite a while since I live 2,500 miles away. With that said, I do highly recommend this state park and campground.

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state park's camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

The best part about the campsite is that it's located in the middle of the statepark, there are plenty of trailheads around. We did the whole trail of ten falls - about 10 miles, and we definitely recommend it. The day-use area is also recommended. As it was raining the whole day, we really appreciated, that it was one of the rare places where we found covered grill area so we could prepare lunch here without getting wet.

All in all an A+++ location

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state parks camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

All in all an A+++ location

Equestrian Trails!

Great trails that have a little bit of everything. Some of the hills are long and great for but muscles 😂♥️ There were a few issues with bees, or some kind of but that bites, the last time I went (late August) so maybe bring extra fly spray and/or bug replant.

An Oregon MUST VISIT!

No matter the time of year, Silver Falls State Park is an Oregon must visit!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• SOOOO much to see and do!
  • Amazing waterfalls (keep in mind they won't be rushing in the heat of the summer).
  • Great programming
  • Beautiful lodge
  • Vast parks and play areas
  • Swimming
Great camp ground

Super busy but great campground, located near nice swimming sports and hikes around beautiful waterfalls

Falls galore

This is a nice campground. We stayed 1 night and hiked to see 8 falls. Most of the hikes are easy but some are long. The falls were amazing. Check in was at 4 pm which is pretty late especially when you consider they want you to check out at 1. They seem to be short on staff and the guard we spoke to seemed annoyed with us. When we asked if they had availability for us to stay another night she said “no your site is reserved for another party”. We’re like ok it’s not that important for us to discuss options. Thanks and have a nice day. Maybe it’s the fact that the sun didn’t shine for a few days. Who knows? But we did meet lots of friendly hikers on our walks to the falls.

Returning to a favorite!

Oregon state parks have always been heads and tails above any other states we have visited parks in. It has been about 20 years since we were in Silver Falls and I would say they have only improved. This is one of the state parks where you can make reservations and it was a good thing we did as the campground was full when we arrived. The restrooms are very clean: hot water, air dryers, large mirror. There are showers but I didn't use them so can't comment on their condition. Some of the sites have shelters; snag one of these if you can because rain can come at any time in Oregon! Trails are extensive and well marked. Definitely recommend the Trail of Ten Falls, which can be done in two separate loops. The South Falls loop attracts more families with young children while we saw very few children on the north Falls loop.

Awesome

My family and I went camping here for the first time 2 years ago. We absolutely loved it! Very nice clean place. If I remember correctly, If you were camping here then you got to go to the falls and other stuff for free. That was a nice added perk not having to pay to go hike the falls! I can’t wait to go camping here again soon!

Beautiful waterfalls!

Beautiful waterfalls with many options for different lengths of hikes. Also a few nice paved bike paths.