Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
Equestrian
About Silver Falls

People call it the “crown jewel” of the Oregon State Parks system, and once you visit, you know why. Silver Falls State Park is the kind of standout scenic treasure that puts Oregon firmly onto the national—and international—stage.

Camping: The main Silver Falls campground has tent sites, RV spots and cabins. Bring your horse and stay in the horse campground. If you need an area for many people, the park also has group tent and RV camps, and the historic Youth Camp for up to 250 campers.

Waterfalls: Where else can you walk behind a waterfall? Check out the famous South Falls and see what a 177-foot curtain of water looks like from behind. It’s part of the Trail of Ten Falls, a spectacular, nationally recognized hiking trail that weaves through a dense forested landscape. The trail passes a series of breathtaking waterfalls along a rocky canyon, and descends to a winding creek at the forest floor. This 7.2 mile loop is considered to be a moderate hike, with an overall elevation change of 800 feet. Several connecting trails with separate access points make shorter routes. For everyone’s safety— absolutely no pets allowed on the Canyon Trail. Pets on leash are allowed on all other trails.

Boots, bikes, paws, hooves: The park offers more than 35 miles of backcountry trails for mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding (see guided ride info below). Bears and cougars live in the more remote park areas.

Daytime activities: The South Falls Day-use area has spacious lawns, barbecue stands, picnic shelters, tables, a playground, horseshoe pits, an off lead area for dogs, and a charming creek. Ever since the opening day in 1933, visitors have been using these grounds for potlucks, family reunions and weddings.

The Silver Falls Lodge and Conference Center offers a variety of amenities. Relax and enjoy comfortable lodging within the wooded setting, or feast at the many catered specialty events. Enjoy a preordered meal at the historic dining hall or order a box lunch to take on a hike or to your campsite. They also specialize in hosting special events! Visit silverfallslodge.com or call 866-575-8875.

Guided horseback rides: Silver Falls Riding Stables at Howard Creek offers five horseback rides daily through Sept. 29. Advanced reservation recommended. Visit silverfallslodge.com for times and rates.

Hike In
No WiFi
RVs and Trailers
No 30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 60 ft.
Silver Falls is located in Oregon
50 Reviews of Silver Falls
Absolutely gorgeous, beware of skunks!

Silver falls is one of my most favorite parks to explore. Of course the trail of ten falls is amazing, but the smaller trails around the campground are great too. We played in the creek, picked salmon berries and huckleberries. They have great bathrooms, but the showers weren’t open this time due to COVID and neither was programs. There was a skunk in camp the 2 nights we were there. Thankfully no spraying, but it was kind of sketchy LOL. Gorgeous park as always.

Affordable Unforgettableness

I don't have any pics - yet - but I remember both the cabins and tent sites being perfects. The cabins were the perfect size and not too pricey.  It's a popular place but you don't feel packed in.  The drive to Silver Falls is amazing - the best of Oregon farm country mixed with some signature forests.

Hike the Falls

I went here for my BD a couple years ago.  We didn't camp here because my ex GF isn't into camping.  We stayed at the Oregon Garden.  This was my first time at both places.  As for Silver Falls, since this is The Dyrt, it is a very nice campground.  We were going to hike the upper fall loop but there was no parking.  She's not a big hiker either.  This was her second time.  What was supposed to be a 2 mile hike turned into a 7 mile Trail of Ten Falls.  She was a trooper and kept on going.  I think she was terrified but think she liked the scenery.

Don't miss it

Silver Falls has a little bit of something for everyone. Waterfall views, beginner hikes, longer hikes, an interpretive center, a cafe, easy drives to wine country or a campy theme park. It stays nice and temperate here when the rest of the state heats up and is just a great destination. Since it's so close to home, we typically don't stay overnight, but if you're coming from further away, I would definitely recommend it. The park buildings are beautiful and you can tell that a lot of care goes into everything here.

Good launching off point for hikes or quick escape from the city

This campsite is hardly off the beaten path, so don't expect privacy or an immersion in nature. But it's a nice quick weekend getaway and great spot for hikes. Lots of RVs so lots of generator noise, but the site was big and the facilities were clean. There is firewood for sale on site.

So much beauty so little time!

This is one of my favorite places to go in Oregon (there are many). The park has about 120 sites, it is ready for RV, Tents, Horses, Boats about anything you could want.

Dogs are welcome, however, some trails (like the Ten Falls) are not allowed.  Please pick up after your pet and keep them on a leash!

If you get a chance, do the Trail of Ten Falls, it is a spectacular, nationally recognized hiking trail that weaves through a densely forested landscape. The trail passes a series of breathtaking waterfalls along a rocky canyon and descends to a winding creek on the forest floor.

Beautiful Campground with Huge Trees and Lots of Waterfalls

Since we had a wedding to attend in Oregon, it gave me a chance to visit Silver Falls State Park. My first impression was how crowded the campground was during the middle of the week. The bath house was more than I expected, especially for a state park. I don’t know whether or not the other Oregon State Parks have modern bath house facilities like this one, but I was impressed. The campsite that I chose was flat and had plenty of shade, and the trees were huge. As a lover of all things natural, especially trees, this was great. It hadn’t rained in a while, so I couldn’t judge how well the site would drain, especially since there were no raised tent pads. The main attraction for this large state park is obviously centered on waterfalls and trails. I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them, but the ones I did get to see were impressive. South Falls is a short hike, and you can walk behind it. From the bridge facing the waterfall, it looks like the Garden of Eden. You can also walk to the top of the waterfall. North Falls also is a short hike. Although it is not as high as South Falls, it is one that is worth the hike. The main campground areas were booked, but the group camping area had quite a few sites available the first day we were there. However, the next day, the group camping area was also filling up since it was getting closer to the weekend. Overall, I was impressed with this campground. Unfortunately, I probably will not get to visit it again for quite a while since I live 2,500 miles away. With that said, I do highly recommend this state park and campground.

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state park's camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

The best part about the campsite is that it's located in the middle of the statepark, there are plenty of trailheads around. We did the whole trail of ten falls - about 10 miles, and we definitely recommend it. The day-use area is also recommended. As it was raining the whole day, we really appreciated, that it was one of the rare places where we found covered grill area so we could prepare lunch here without getting wet.

All in all an A+++ location

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state parks camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

All in all an A+++ location

Equestrian Trails!

Great trails that have a little bit of everything. Some of the hills are long and great for but muscles 😂♥️ There were a few issues with bees, or some kind of but that bites, the last time I went (late August) so maybe bring extra fly spray and/or bug replant.