Yurts
About Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park

Situated half way up the Oregon coast and three miles south of Florence on scenic Highway 101 is the second largest overnight camp in the state. There are two miles of sand dunes between the park and the ocean. Two natural freshwater lakes are within the park. Cleawox -- which is great for swimming -- and Woahink, which has a public boat ramp, is used for all water sports. Rent a canoe and explore the lake.

Approximately 45 full-hookup sites, more than 120 electrical sites with water, more than 185 tent sites with water nearby, 10 yurts (one pet-friendly), and six seasonal group tent camping areas.

Hiker/biker camp Firewood for sale RV dump station Universal Access Four campsites and two yurts are accessible to campers with disabilities.

Price
$21.00 - $36.00
Hike In
Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park is located in Oregon
45 Reviews of Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park
Great campsite!!!

Had a full hookup (including sewage) and wish we had stayed there a few more days. It was perfect!!

Some sites are small, but beautiful park

There's a lot of construction in some loops right now (08/2020), but the park is beautiful. Access to Woahink and Cleawox lakes and a beautiful, mossy forest makes this a great park on its own. Access to the nearby Oregon dunes is restricted in the spring and summer, but direct the rest of the year. Note to pet owners: we spotted a rough-skinned newt working its way through our site - they are poisonous if licked or eaten! Be careful what site you book if tent camping - not all sites are large enough.

A tradition in our family

My family has been camping at Honeyman state park for the last 35 years. Why we seen an increase in people, this is still over all a great Campground. A classic in fact. It's definitely worth reserving a camp spot well in advance as it gets super full quick.

It is a great place if you've got ATVs and small children. But just know that when you get out into the dunes the people on ATVs don't really respect the boundaries of people not on a TV.

It has become a slight problem. Other than that though, you were right next to the pristine beautiful Oregon dunes. Lots of cramping in the area as well as hiking. Late cleawox also is a part of this Campground. A great place to bring sand boards and hang with the family for a weekend.

This place does offer firewood and has water for both cleaning and drinking. There are well-kept showers and toilets. The camp hosts are great. It is super close to the town of Florence if you realize you forget something or want to add something for dinner one night.

Nice family friendly camp

Huge camp with a lot of variety of spots for all campers. It was clean and very family oriented. Great access to the lake and the dunes and close to town. No access to the beach. Over half the camp was closed and appeared to be in the midst of a remodel. Only complaint is that they had the bathrooms closed due to Covid- they need to ensure those can remain open with appropriate sanitation.

Honeyman State Park, Oregon

I recently spent two days at Honeyman State Park near Florence, Oregon. The first site I had I could not back into. I’m new at this so that was a factor. I talked to a ranger who found another spot for me. I really appreciated the help I received. Because it was on the coast, it was cool and windy. Park was clean, there were loops closed because of the virus but restrooms were open and clean. I’m not sure I would stay at this state park again mainly because of the surroundings….mostly dunes; but at least I got to visit.

Great

Great campground. Pretty busy so not much privacy so if you’re looking for seclusion this isn’t it. Really close access to the sand dunes and we rented sand boards for $10 a day and had a blast sand boarding. Really fun trip.

Oregon Dunes at Your Doorstep

Special and unique landscape right in the center of Oregon Dunes. We love it here. Located close to the quant town of Florence. Lots of nearby hikes, beach access, and of course the dunes. Enjoy!

One of my favorite spots

This campground has it all! We will definitely be going back.

I have been camping here for 25+ years now I get to take my daughter there and we love every minute of it the lake, the dunes, bike riding scooters. The staff is great and the facilities are always clean it’s a must-see park.

Nice Campground in the trees

Very beautiful campground in the trees with plug in sites. Quite noisy though with the dune buggies.,