Umpqua National Forest, OREGON
Camping Oregon Umpqua National Forest
Most Recent Umpqua National Forest Camping Reviews
Relaxing spot

Enjoyed the bass ponds. The beautiful Umpqua River was right across the highway. Good spot if you like to fish.

Great spot

Perfect location and great amenities. Right next to river. Has showers, restrooms, pool, quite, WiFi, and even $1 self serve ice cream.

One of our favorite campgrounds

A great place to get away from the rat race. Cell phone service is a bit sketchy, but that is one of the reasons I love it. Fishing is good after restocking. The peace and quiet is what it is all about.

Simple, but peaceful

This little campground was a simple, but peaceful place to call home for a weekend. It was quiet and well kept. No on site camp host or potable water. It did have vault toilets though. Seemed to be a popular place for fisherman in a beautiful meadow with a small river running through it. The water was ice cold, so we didn’t swim. The camp spot we stayed in was HUGE! It was also a good distance from the others, which allowed plenty of privacy from other campers. We tent camped, so I’m unsure of hook ups, but I don’t believe there were any. Pretty basic campground.

Lakeside Camping

This campground offers a bunch of lake view/ lake front camping sites. The sites are spacious with tons of bathrooms (yes, they are super clean for being pit toilets!) and water spouts! The mosquitoes aren’t terrible but are definitely present.

Nice family centric campground on Dorena Lake

The Baker Bay Campground and Marina is a county park outside of Cottage Grove, Oregon. It has a boat launch and boat rentals. There are several huge inflatable water structures in the bay which kids can play on for a fee. The concession stand is currently under construction however there is plenty of green space for picnics. There is a large play structure, horseshoes, and a sand volleyball pit.

Great site for families with kids.

Decent main restroom and showers however, the vault toilet near the main camping spots was the WORST I have ever been near. I can't imagine how people near the toilet could stand being there - especially in the heat of the summer.

Great alternative to Mazama!

We had a reservation for the night at Mazama, which NPS cancelled <24 hours prior to our arrival so we were left scrambling for another place to stay. This campground was on the list of outside-of-the-park alternatives, and we were able to grab a site (one of several that were available) when we arrived around 6pm. The campsite was nice and right along the creek, the water tasted great, and it's relatively close to Crater Lake.

North side

Choice of forest service camp sites or a few first come first serve beach spots. The lake is beautiful and easy to navigate with the KOA and store on the southwest side. Mosquitos are going away with the recent heat that has come across the west coast. The lake offers fishing, boating, camping, paddle boarding, etc…

Hemlock

Relaxing lake. Easy drive. Bug season is about over. Stocked and ready for fishing. Camp spots are on either side of the lake with a boat ramp.

Relaxing

Lake in the woods is a small lake with small but accommodating camp sites stationed all the way the lake. Mosquito season is about over making the trip more enjoyable.

Camp

Beautiful small lake with several camp sites stationed around the lake including the snow shelter that takes reservations throughout the summer months. The sites cost $8 per night. The mosquitoes are still awful but are worth the views and paddle boarding opportunity.

Quiet

This was a forest service campground with restrooms and water. Now all amenities have been removed! They even removed the sign. It was a bit tough to locate as I was looking for the sign ! We did locate it and glad we did. It is quiet nestled in old growth forest the rogue river flowed to east side of it and there are trails for hiking. It is not maintained so there are some low hanging limbs there are 10 spaces and did I say quiet. Very quiet

Really cute & quiet

Only stayed a night! Spots are easy to find and it’s a super quiet campground. Only downside is some spots are right next to the road. Really nice and clean spot!!

Wow!

Big! In the pines! Big meadow spread out nice campground

Eating me Alive!

This camp ground is clean, has showers/bathrooms and lots of space. Access to the lake is super close too! The only bad thing about this whole area is the mosquitos that are everywhere at dusk and dawn. Bring repellent as at one point my wife counted 22 mosquitos on my back! I know insects can’t be prevented but this is only reason why this doesn’t get five stars. We stayed at B3 tent area :)

Coulnd’t Have Imagined a Better Spot

This campground was perfect for a quick road trip night. Got a spot right by the river and it was beautiful. It had a nice boat ramp, picnic table and trails to walk around the river to some fishing spots. The camp host Ray came by in he morning and was the sweetest man. For two ladies camping by ourselves, we felt safe and had a great time.

Will definitely be coming back for a longer stay with some friends and family.

Can’t wait to go again!

The campground is beautiful. Our site was next to a trail that lead 150 feet down to the lake where there was a bench on a rock outcropping which was a great place to enjoy my morning coffee and watch the sunrise! We’ll definitely be going back again very soon!!

Decent site

The road into the campground was narrow and winding. The swimming area was closed due to low water level, but there were other spots to access the lake. No alcohol allowed. The turn around would be difficult for larger trailers.

Nice RV Park

One of the best places we've stayed! Beautiful campground with nice sized sites, some sites are not quite level. The wifi was pretty good, definitely better than most of the campgrounds we've been in. The park was located close to Crater Lake and dozens of gorgeous hikes with waterfalls! The bathrooms are probably the only area of opportunity but they were functional and clean. The price is very reasonable and based on your length of stay, so the longer you stay the cheaper it is!

Amazing !!!!

Prettiest park we have seen so far. Great spots, lots of hiking trails. Biking trails, fishing, boating and water falls. Only thing I would warn people about are the yellow jackets in the ground. Our dogs got into some and they went everywhere. Clean showers, great rangers and host. I just cannot say enough.

Amazing place but filthy

This place is breathtaking, however there was a literal human shit sitting right outside one of the hot springs. Very filthy and overrun with people

Chipmunk paradise

Another overnight at a great fishing location. Wife I set up a little later in the day and weren't able to get one of the prime spots facing the lake but oh well. We were right by the restrooms so score?

The lake is small enough that a hike around it would only take 1-1.5 hours I would think. I was able to walk the full length while fishing and it took not much longer than that. The lake is around 50ft deep, so much deeper than you would expect from something so small. The shore had a very steep drop off. A float tube would kill at this lake. I was able to pull only 1 very small rainbow out but 1 is better than none.

Great facilities, beautiful area. Chipmunks DO NOT care what you are doing they only want your food. Not scared at all of humans. There were a few loud families around but what can you do. We still had fun and were able to call my mom.and wish her happy birthday.

Would do it again if we didn't have camping locations list a mile long.

Well off highway...

About a mile off the highway so no noise to overtake the roar of the North Umpqua. Numerous spacious sites, many right on the river. No bugs early July.

Wonderful Campgrpund

Maybe the best showers ever… extra nice campground along the North Umpqua. Many sites riverside, but from all the sounds of the river can be heard.

Fun Little Camp

My husband and I spent one night here for a short get away. We were lucky enough to get spot number 4 which is right by the river. It was a super peaceful little site with a hot spring and hiking trails not too far away.

Plus side, the toilet was the cleanest one I have ever seen at a campsite!

A great little campground!

Nice place for the night! The two smaller lakes were great for kayaking and fly fishing on! There is a nice store at the campground across the road and the camp has fire rings, wooden tables and drinking water. Cold showers are free and hot showers are $1.50. Laundry machines close by. We tent camped and the fire was a nice place to be in the evenings and mornings, as it was plenty cool. The whole lake is surrounded by a beach and a gravel road. Dispersed camping (free) is available around the lake down from the campground but $5 a night was worth it for amenities.

Riverside Resting Place with Hotsprings Access

We were walk-ins at Toketee Lake, surprised to find not just a campsite on a summer weekend, but an amazing campsite right on the river with lots of hammock hanging options. Slept right between the trees to the sound of the river.

In the evening before sunset we hiked up to the Umpqua Hot Springs - this is the closest legal camping to the hotsprings TH.

Each site had a table and fire ring. Loved all the trees.

Great Nature - Interesting People Watching

This is a day use only area, but there are quite a lot of long term "campers" in the area who live in the woods nearby and use the hotspring as their bathing facilities. Expect plenty of nudity.

The hot springs themselves are lovely. Go with a sense of humor and appreciation for the nature and you'll enjoy it.

We camped at the nearby Toketee Lake Campground which allowed us to visit the hotsprings just before sunset when it seemed quieter. It was also a smokey August because of fires, so there were fewer tourists than normal.

Reservation Cancellation During Fires Felt Unfair

I had a 2 day pre-paid reservation to camp at Mazama Village at Crater Lake and was super excited since it was going to be my first time to the National Park. The trip was in August, which can be an unpredictable time for wild fires in the area, so before we left Portland to make the drive, we checked to make sure that everything was open (cell signals aren't great outside of the I-5 corridor).

By the time we reached the northern entrance to Crater Lake several hours later, we learned that the entrance had been shut down that afternoon because of smoke and fires in the area. We had to turn around and make our way to the Southern Entrance of the park which is at least 2 more hours of driving away. We were not able to get all the way to the Southern Entrance of the park before sunset, so we had to get another campsite for the night. The entrance to the National Park was not manned because it was closed for fire, and there is no cell signal in any of this area, so we could not call the park.

In the morning, we drove the rest of the way to the southern entrance and to the Mazama Village campsite to check in for our second day of camping. The ranger could see our confirmed paid reservation for both days, but they would not allow us to check into our campsite because we had no-showed on the first night. We explained the situation of the park entrance closure and they know that there is no way to contact them from the area, but they would not make any exception. I would have understood if they had given our site away when we had not showed up, however the campground was not full because of the fire situation and the site we had paid for was vacant. They offered us the campsite we had already paid for, but wanted us to pay again in order to occupy it for the night. I was not willing to pay an additional $25.50 on top of the $56 I had already paid and lost to stay at the campground. We left the park and drove somewhere less smokey to visit.

The actual campground looked just fine and had good amenities as you'd expect of a national park, but this was a terrible experience.

Crater lake is amazing!!! You'll never see anything like it!!

Take time to go down to the lake,take the time to go around the lake, so much to see!