Umpqua National Forest, OREGON

Camping Oregon Umpqua National Forest
Most Recent Umpqua National Forest Camping Reviews
Free!

Free and beautiful! Great spot near Crater Lake National Park. Head down the hill to more remote tent sites.

Beautiful views, a bit too close to the road

This is a great campground if you're looking for something right off the road. We were able to snag a reservation here for labor day this summer, and it was a perfect place for us. The site we stayed at was just up the hill from the water, there were few other campers around us, and the site was well maintained. The only downside, and probably the reason we were able to grab a spot so close to labor day weekend, is that this site is almost directly next to the highway. The traffic noise wasn't horrible, but it definitely detracted from the outdoorsy experience. I'd still recommend this site because of how beautiful the water is, and if you walk just like 5-10 minutes towards the water you'll forget the road is even there!

A treat after dispersed camping

Though not free like the dispersed camping the dog and I were doing the days before this, it was a treat to have warm showers, bathrooms, a fenced dog exercise area, the security of other campers, and a picnic table to cook on. I stayed in a more "isolated" campsite with a tree screen from the other sites, because my dog is very protective. But it looked like there were great view sites further in the campgrounds, for those who don't need the privacy. There was easy river access from the camp and you can hear the coyotes yipping in the morning.

Tidy Park

Me and my daughter did some tent camping here in August.

We got massive space in the trees overlooking the lake, quite private.

Some of the larger spaces are quite open for tents, but everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Great family camp ground. and near the town of Shady Cove for groceries. And not far to Crater Lake.

Nice place.

Big and open

Very open, big fields but the sites are in the trees.

Small quiet spot.

Nice and quiet spot!

Nice and Quiet!

Small but out of the way, nice place.

Beautiful Oregon lake.

North Waldo has great beaches. Some of the sites are huge. Many are lake front.

Cleanest Campground

One of my new favorites.

Pretty campground

We stayed on a Sunday night so there weren’t many people. Our site was next to the creek and it was a short walk to the lake. Sites aren’t close together. Would like to go back.

Needs more facilities

A beautiful campground, but not enough facilities for the amount of people booked here. We prepaid but weren't told which site we'd be in until arrival. They assigned a campsite in loop D where there was only one bathroom for the dozens of campsites in this loop, and the only way to access it was to walk along a road for cars (no paths cutting through to the center of the campground as most campsites have for a loop). Worrisome in the middle of the night.  We were not given a choice in our own campsite, and it's clear whoever assigned the sites didn't check to make sure they were inhabitable.

We arrived late in the evening, and it had been raining that day…our campsite that was assigned to us was completely flooded. We were frustrated that this campground didn’t consider booking people into dry sites instead of just the closest ones. There are only three showers for all of the campground and every loop to share. See annotated map. Not recommended.

So much better in person

Going to Crater Lake National Park has been one of my goals and I finally made it there. I’ve seen pictures but to see it for my self was magical. We enjoyed lunch at the gift shop. We drove around the rim to see it from different angles. We were supposed to take the boat tour but the boat was broken down. But we still enjoyed the hike down to the lake side.

Really cool camp at an amazing natural bridge

Located right next to a natural bridge, where the water goes under the floor in a lava tube.

Good RV spot

Nice park. We we're passing through the area. Decided to stay a 2nd night & go see Lake Crescent, 20-30 min drive away. The park was quiet & clean. Showers are nice, old houses converted to showers. So they have more of a "home" feel to them. Rather than the "public shower" a lot of places have. RV spots have partial & full hookups. Wifi & cable hookups as well. Good cel coverage in area too.

Just what we needed

This is a cute little campground, only a few miles from crater lake. We stayed here on our way through while we were exploring the crater. It has both RV and tent sites. All the ones I saw looked nice and flat and not too close to other people. The campground has a store, showers, food storage lockers, and a gas station. Everything you need really.

Like usual when we camp, we didn’t spend a whole lot of time at the campground. I would definitely recommend hitting Garfield peak trail and Cleetwood cove trail. They had some beautiful views of the crater. The area has some amazing hikes that range from easy to super hard, so it is something for everyone.

Close campsites and spoiled campers

Not quite my style of camping with hot showers and flushing toilets but I understand that with the site being along the PCT some people would be in heaven there. The sites are all very close and not very secluded.

The wildlife in the campsite was awesome for my 2yr old. They campground was very clean as were the  restrooms. Trails were well maintained and so many options. 7 miles from Crater Lake Rim Village.

Good dry camp with toilets

Very nice location. Far from the road so no road noise. No reservations, first come first serve.

Right on the Rogue River. Excellent river side hike. Camp sites are very sized and spaced apart from neighbors.

Beautiful and clean campground on Waldo Lake!

Clean campsite on Waldo Lake with several restroom facilities and clean drinking water! Mosquitos weren’t bad in late August when we visited either!

Perfect Location

Great location on the N.Umpqua. We used this as home base for our Crater Lake exploration weekend. One of the most diverse campgrounds I’ve experienced. Drinking water, flush toilet, hot shower and very friendly and knowledgeable Camp Host. 11 spots that are spacious and even though you’re right off the highway it feels secluded and is very quiet overnight. Access to boat launch and recreation area on N.Umpqua. 5 miles away from put-in site for boat/kayak tours. 11 nearby waterfalls to easily access and explore- such a gem of a campsite!

Nice campground!

This was a perfect little campground conveniently located to Crater Lake. The camp spots were roomy and it didn't feel like we were camping on top of our neighbors. Check-in was easy at the camp store and everyone was really friendly. Each camp spot had a bear locker, fire pit, and picnic table. Bathrooms were very clean. Highly recommend for your adventures at Crater Lake.

Dry camping at Seven Feathers is a nice change from most places. Leveling is minimal, generator use is between 7 am - 10 pm. There is shuttle service that will take you to the truck stop, rv park, casino, to semi overflow lot or even to a local restaurant. BK is a block away if you prefer that. There is a 5 night max stay. And if all you want is a quick stop there is a Rest Area on the hill overlooking the valley with a 12 hour max stay. There are two private restrooms also. If you have a dog there is a fenced in pet area for off leash but it is rocky. The Dry Lot Area has 50 RV lanes and a very nice doggy area with a bench to sit on while the pet enjoys some grass time

Guess I got it all in the title. I will add that I was woke by someone going through the trash can at 10:30 one night looking for recycle. I won’t park near a trash can again. There is also a semi overflow area behind the truck stop. I went up there after a couple of questionable persons were hanging around the Dry Lot. The manager of the truck stop came over and told me that RVs were not supposed to park there but that there was a $10 charge to park for dropped trailers. How I qualify for that in a Class C with no towed I don’t know. But paid the charge as at least I would get some shade in the afternoon from the 103 deg on this day. But FYI… do NOT park in the overflow lot on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night. The gas station Lot fills up with semis, the overflow lot fills up and the Rest Area fills up! It was like a semi truck convention. I asked a driver why it was so bad on those two nights and he said those two nights the truckers haul a load north or south and drop it and then pick up a load and head back the next day and this is their stopover. So plan accordingly folks. 😀😀

Very Quite and Relaxing

We stayed one night on August 17 through August 18, 2019, in campsite A5, the overnight cost was$24, there was no electrical or water service). The site was level, only needed 2 inch lift to level left side. The campground is at an elevation of 5180 ft.

Access to the campground was right off hwy 138, which is a few miles from the north entrance to Crater Lake. Our 28 ft travel trailer easily fit with room to spare in our site. Once we enter the campground, the asphalt pavement surrounds the campsites as we drove directly to our campsite, each campsite pad also asphalt. Weather was sunny upper 80's, the nights low 40's.

This is a very quite campground, there was no noise from main road entering the campground. Activities we enjoyed at the campground to keep busy was hiking and moutain biking. The restroom was a couple spaced down from our campsite. The free showers were also easy to find and had great water pressure. The lake is very nice, smooth water and a few mosquitos, but not that bad.

My wife and I enjoyed the campground, we will stay again next time we travel to Crater Lake, Oregon.

Relaxing spot

Enjoyed the bass ponds. The beautiful Umpqua River was right across the highway. Good spot if you like to fish.

Great spot

Perfect location and great amenities. Right next to river. Has showers, restrooms, pool, quite, WiFi, and even $1 self serve ice cream.

One of our favorite campgrounds

A great place to get away from the rat race. Cell phone service is a bit sketchy, but that is one of the reasons I love it. Fishing is good after restocking. The peace and quiet is what it is all about.

Simple, but peaceful

This little campground was a simple, but peaceful place to call home for a weekend. It was quiet and well kept. No on site camp host or potable water. It did have vault toilets though. Seemed to be a popular place for fisherman in a beautiful meadow with a small river running through it. The water was ice cold, so we didn’t swim. The camp spot we stayed in was HUGE! It was also a good distance from the others, which allowed plenty of privacy from other campers. We tent camped, so I’m unsure of hook ups, but I don’t believe there were any. Pretty basic campground.

Lakeside Camping

This campground offers a bunch of lake view/ lake front camping sites. The sites are spacious with tons of bathrooms (yes, they are super clean for being pit toilets!) and water spouts! The mosquitoes aren’t terrible but are definitely present.

Nice family centric campground on Dorena Lake

The Baker Bay Campground and Marina is a county park outside of Cottage Grove, Oregon. It has a boat launch and boat rentals. There are several huge inflatable water structures in the bay which kids can play on for a fee. The concession stand is currently under construction however there is plenty of green space for picnics. There is a large play structure, horseshoes, and a sand volleyball pit.

Great site for families with kids.

Decent main restroom and showers however, the vault toilet near the main camping spots was the WORST I have ever been near. I can't imagine how people near the toilet could stand being there - especially in the heat of the summer.

Great alternative to Mazama!

We had a reservation for the night at Mazama, which NPS cancelled <24 hours prior to our arrival so we were left scrambling for another place to stay. This campground was on the list of outside-of-the-park alternatives, and we were able to grab a site (one of several that were available) when we arrived around 6pm. The campsite was nice and right along the creek, the water tasted great, and it's relatively close to Crater Lake.

North side

Choice of forest service camp sites or a few first come first serve beach spots. The lake is beautiful and easy to navigate with the KOA and store on the southwest side. Mosquitos are going away with the recent heat that has come across the west coast. The lake offers fishing, boating, camping, paddle boarding, etc…