Umpqua National Forest , OREGON

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Umpqua National Forest Camping Reviews
Awesome

Nice camp sites.

Minus the mosquitos in the summer.

(Because mosquitos swarm near big lakes) This is one of my favorite campgrounds in Oregon for families and groups. Location is ideal, near Rim Ridge, and some fantastic trails (all ability levels) and fantastic views.

All sites have fire pits, bear proof storage, and pic nic tables. Each site is in close proximity to restrooms (from what I could tell).

Excellent signage/way finding. Love the fresh spring water taps at the village to refill water jugs. Super cute, friendly storefront. Lots of amenities and lodging if you need to coordinate a more glamping deal for picky family and friends. This campsite meets every type of camper needs. (Almost disney- esque)

Have fun!

Welcoming and well maintained

5 stars as an RV campground (not tent camping).  Truth be told, we didn't use any of the amenities, so I can't comment on the laundry or showers.  Naomi was friendly, kind, and helpful while taking our last minute reservation for the next day.  She asked if we wanted pull-through or river - river of course!  She texted me the gate code in case we came late, and even though we added extra time, we just missed them.  We came right in, our check-in papers were on the bulletin board, and we went right to our spot.  It was easy to find, even in the dark. Everything is orderly and clean, well-maintained.  The campground was nearly full, but at 5:45 p.m. (it was dark), things were quiet and peaceful.  We plugged in, changed water, cooked dinner, and had a nice evening.  Next morning, we got up and walked the riverbank with our coffee.

The river is just beautiful, and there's a nice, long, grassy stretch that's good for walking, with benches and a lovely view.  I imagine in summer you could swim if you are comfortable with a strong current.

We then pulled right out and left on time without a hitch.  This is a great place to stop between California & Oregon/Washington.  It's just a couple minutes from I5, but far enough away that you can't hear or see the freeway.  We'll stay again.

Quiet campground in lodgepole pine

This is a free campground. It has about 7 sites, not paved. I loved it! It is one step above dispersed camping as there is a clean pit toilet. Lodge pole pine all around.

Great Location

This campground is in the Park near Crater Lake.  It's forested which offers good shade and privacy.  There are picnic tables, bear boxes and trash cans.  Good access to hiking and to Crater Lake viewing and activities.

I loved the trails and options to camp.

I drove 4 hours to camp (dispersed) near Crater Lake. Well worth the drive and this place was prefect. The trails were pretty cool. Not tons of trails, but enough to explore. I took my lifted Suburban on some narrow trails and recieved some extra pin striping. That's what I have it for. You can bring a car, but not recommended. I went in late October and it got down to 14 degrees at night. It was not snowing. But, do pack snow gear for that weather and have hot coffee for the morning. Excellent scenery in this area. Perfectly quiet. Will be back again and again.

Big lake, lots of exploration

Great state park. Got an RV site which was nice and big w some tree shade. Great trails to walk. It is a ways to a beach so better to drive but the swimming beach is huge. There were a ton of power boats and jet skis so not so quiet for kayaking although doable. Don’t launch a kayak from the boat launch it’s enormous and crowded w trucks.

Oh and the showers were amaaaaaaazing. Best camp showers I’ve experienced so far.

Toketee Camp Ground

Very nice camp ground. Was there for three nights. Would go again.

Good Spot for River Fun

Tons of campsites around this area. We found this one looking for vacancies one weekend. Spot was close to the opening but road noise wasn't too bad. Site itself was on the smaller side. Just had our tent this time around no spots for trailers. Bathrooms werent the greatest, very smelly for the summer time. They did have some yurts on site and larger group areas. Close to clackamas river so fishing and swimming was easily accessible. No internet out here! (Verizon) Also if you need cash closest store was Promitory Park.

Great State Park

We chose an RV hookup site for our 40' coach with tow vehicle. 30 amp power but based on forecasted cold weather they had turned off the water at the sites. Potable water was available at the dump station. Free warm showers and flush toilets. However, the bathrooms are old and appear dirty and grimy (rust stains, chipped paint, etc). Great walking and bath paths at the park and close enough to visit Crater Lake National Park. Large trees within the park though it doesn't provide much privacy with camp neighbors. In late October they had reduced the open loops but there was a good mix of tent and RV campers.