Tillamook State Forest, OREGON

Camping Oregon Tillamook State Forest
Most Recent Tillamook State Forest Camping Reviews
Stumbled upon a yurt

We didn’t have a reservation for the campground the afternoon we decided to stop in July. To reserve a yurt typically requires a minimum of two nights. We were fortunate to get a yurt (number 7) for one night in July as a walk in. The ranger was shocked as they are usually sold out months in advance. There is a fire pit and picnic table outside each yurt. The flaps on the windows can be rolled up and down to adjust the airflow. The bathhouse is within walking distance but showed full quickly in the morning. This was a nice park with several things to see and do. Would stay here again if in the area.

Our Favorite State Park

Yes it can be busy but we love it here. We mainly come weekdays & off season. The camp ground is clean and the beach is lovely. We like that you can walk into Manzanita or bike. It’s quite. On second thought, don’t come here😉

Large Campground

One of the largest state parks! Lots to do. Family-friendly. Large to medium sites. Disc Golf Course.

Thousand Trails Seaside Is Worth The Stay

This was an interesting Thousand Trails. We stay three nights from October 11th through 14th, 2019, at campsite 151, the stay was free due to our Thousand Trails membership. Our site had sewer, electricity, and water hook up. The sewer connection at the campsite was a nice plus. The site was level and easy to back in to.

The sites were the closest we've been to at a Thousand Trails, with no trees for privacy. What made the Seaside interesting was there wasn't much noise even though the sites were close to each other. The campground was at sea level and just outside of downtown Seaside. Our 28 ft travel trailer easily fit into our spot. Once we entering the campground, the campground roads are all gravel.

The weather in October was high overcast in the low 60's, the nights low 40s. This is a very quiet campground, activities we found at the campground to keep busy was a very nice indoor pool, indoor sauna, indoor spa and exercise room with treadmills. The campground has clean free showers, plenty of hot water and not more than a 5 minute walk from our campsite.

My wife and I enjoyed the campground, we took a trip north to Fort Stevens for the day, geocached and hiked around the fort. Seaside was a fun town, its grown a lot since my first visit there 20 years ago.

Right by the beach

We got a campsite right next to the beach. Nice treed sites. Interesting beach.

Great location

Nice but not very private. Great location. Walking distance to cute downtown and beach.

4 minute walk from the beach

Stayed at this campground in early fall when temperatures started to drop. Because of this I think it was easy for us to not make any reservations ahead of time. It's a 4 minute walk to the beach, perfect if you're staying in the area for surfing.

Showers and bathrooms were clean and well maintained; camp hosts are very attentive to their campground. We ran into an issue where our car battery died and they had jumper cables for us to use.

While you're in the area, I would suggest hiking the sand dunes, surfing, or checking out the coffee shop/Pelican Pub nearby(all within a 5 minute walk!)

If you like bunnies, I highly recommend staying here. They roam around the campsite and I counted 47 during our two night stay there. Dogs are allowed with an additional fee.

Great Ammenities

A lot of amenities and things to do close by. Still cozy with the neighbors.

Nice hiker-biker area

I camped one night here while on my bicycle tour along the Oregon coast. The hiker-biker area is pretty nice with one exception… the bathroom is really quite a long way away, especially important during the nighttime walk in the pouring rain… that’s the only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars. There are raised areas for you to put your tent which are filled with nice packed sand. There is an area with lockers for the biker- hiker campers to store their food and other items in. Also included is a bike repair stand - looked to be in good condition although I didn’t need to use it.

Great campground! Hiker-biker site

I stayed here one night while on a tour of the Washington and Oregon coast. The hiker-biker area is nicely set up. There is a great area with lockers for the campers to put food or other items in. And each locker has an electric outlet so you can charge your phone and other items. The bathroom is conveniently located near the campsite, my only criticism is that the light on the side of the building is VERY BRIGHT so choose your campsite with this in mind.

Huge state park

One of the largest campgrounds I’ve ever stayed at. Great spot tho private spots nice bathrooms all the different beaches are great to explore and there’s even the lake to chill in.

Awesome state park

Love this camp ground just the perfect little spot to have a base camp and explore the Oregon coast! Spots are nice pretty private as far as distance but there could be more trees between. It’s the beach!

Choose this park!

This was a beautiful, quiet cove with a view of the water and mountains. The people who run it are very nice also. The price is reasonable. I would highly recommended this park.

Thousand Trails Pacific City is Great Place To Stay

Thousand Trails Pacific City This was a very nice Thousand Trails. We stay three nights from September 27th through September 30th, 2019, in campsite D15, the stay was free due to our Thousand Trails membership. Our site had electricity and water hook up. The site was level and backed up to McPhillips Drive, we could hear vehicles passing during the day, however, the night was not an issue. The site was quiet and very private. The tall trees and bushes separated us from our camping neighbors.

The campground is at an elevation of 75 ft. and our 28 ft travel trailer easily fits with room to spare in our site. Once we entering the campground, the campground roads are all asphalt as we selected our campsite. The weather was high overcast in the low 60's, the nights low 40s. It did rain hard on Friday and Saturday night, also rained Sunday afternoon. This is a very quiet campground, activities we found at the campground to keep busy were Billiards, a very nice indoor pool, and a warm outdoor spa. The campground has clean free showers, plenty of hot water and not more than a 5 minute walk from our campsite.

Since we arrived on a Friday school day, the campground as not full, there was no waiting for showers. My wife and I enjoyed the campground, we hiked at Cape Lookout and Cape Kiwanda. Had a great time, we will be back to stay at this Thousand Trails.

Everything you need in walking distance and the most beautiful views of the Oregon coast right across the street. Sites are pretty close but since you won’t spend too much time there it’s not an issue.

RV-camping

Loved this State Park! The trails around it were fun and led from the camp right up to the beach by the old ship wreck. My kids ages 2-14 always had something to do and we brought our bikes. The camping sites and RV sites are cheap compared to Utah, Washington and Idaho rates, but they were also very nice! A little close together but nice. You have to book your site months in advance at this place because it fills up fast. So much to do in this area! Close to seaside, the fort Stevens retired military site was free and interesting-with a scavenger hunt and prize at the end for the kids who complete it. Also, close to Astoria which also has many things to do! Loved that it was close enough to drive over the Columbia River to get to Washington to see the light houses!

Campground info

174 full-hookup sites (36 pull-through) 302 electrical sites with water (11 pull-through) Six tent sites with water nearby 15 yurts (7 pet-friendly) 11 deluxe cabins (5 pet-friendly) Hiker/biker camp Flush toilets and hot showers RV dump station Adult and Youth Bike Rentals 9-hole Columbia Shore Disc Golf Course

Probably the nicest campsite we've visited, just a bit crowded

This campsite is located in the middle of Fort Stevens park, walking distance to the beach with the shipwreck. It is a super nicely well maintained campsite with all the amenities you can wish for. Without reservation it's pretty hard to find a site here, even in off season, so make sure to book ahead.

Nice and Easy

This is  simple, primitive campground mostly centered around a small picturesque lake.

There are a few other sites dispersed in the area. One of the best ones is just around the bend from the lake sites and its of the road and gets more sun, if thats your thing.

When i visited mid week in July it was empty.

Its quite a distance on sometimes very rough gravel roads, with no tirn outs and sometimes large drops on one side, so be very careful with log trucks .

But i made it OK with my beat up old Grand Caravan.

Enjoyed

Pretty Good close in campground

It's not bad at all, just right off of the highway.

Tricky to find, but one of the most magical camping locations

We arrived really late and it was really tricky for us to find the place as it's not really a campsite but more like awesome spots by the river without any signs. We recommend you arriving during the day as it was just pure luck, we picked probably the most amazing spot here. We found it somewhere in between the 11th and 12th mileposts. There is a narrow path towards the river, first we thought we might gonna get stuck, but it immediately opened up to a spacious big area where 2-3 cars/RVs could easily fit.

It's a dispersed camp so there is no infrastructure around it, but there was a built fireplace there.

Probably the most amazing part of it was when in the morning we found an other really narrow path towards the river which again opened up and we walked to the beautiful shore of the river, where we had the chance to dip in the river.

All in all we were super surprised and happy that we spend a night here.

This park is small and right off and busy road

They have a restroom, great spot to fish, but not many spot to camp and no serene surroundings…

All Around Great

This was my first visit to Cape Lookout, or camping on the Oregon coast, for that matter. The RV sites are separated from the tent sites, which is nice. Most of the tent sites are fairly open, some of them have more privacy, but all of them are very green and incredibly close to the beach while still being somewhat protected from the wind coming off of the ocean.

Bathrooms were relatively clean, though you always have someone emptying all of their camp trash in the bathroom trash can (pizza boxes? Really?) so it's hard to keep up. Staff were knowledgeable and helpful.

A truly beautiful place.

Nice but crowded

This is like a little town. There are a lot of sites and many amenities. I liked the beach access, and the pedestrian/bike lanes. But, there is no feeling of solitude. It would be a great location for families and those more social than I tend to be.

Pretty and Close, but a Little Noisy

We took off from Portland around 4pm on a Friday and got to the campground around 6. Be careful with Apple Maps, I think they routed us to the historical campground and had us going about 10 miles past the site.

This was our first time camping in the Tillamook; and was cool to see the differences between it and Mt Hood. There were tons of birds, rabbits, and chipmunks at the site.

The river was super clear, with a rocky beach and some beautiful formations a bit to the west.

We were there the first weekend in September and it was remarkably empty. I think two of the sites in the K loop were occupied.

We opted for K4 which was farther from the parking lot, and closer to the river. Unfortunately, closer to the river meant closer to the highway, too. So we never really got the serenity of a site further off the path. Not a big deal, but since I live near a highway, I welcome the break when I can get it.

The other problem with K4 was that you had trails on either side of the site, so it wasn’t the most private. I think K6 might be the best spot in the loop, but you may get additional noise from the parking lot and squeaky water pump.

Nice place, but...

Great park and awesome amenities. The guys at the front area checking you in are awesome. That said. The trying to get out of the far back loop is a nightmare. Staff doesn’t seem to get that they need a person to direct traffic on a busy weekend. Let them know but got the company line and dismissed just as quick. Plus the speed nazi is on patrol!! Dude is an ass! Turned on his little lights like some kind of nerd and Feebly attempted to display the power that he did not have. Wasn’t even speeding, was kinda funny to watch reminded me of a bad episode of trailer park boys anyway nice place but be on the look out for homie the clown.

Not bad for overnight

Tight small spots next to the water. Great wildlife viewing. Charge 5 quarters for 5 minute shower additional to cost for night. Wouldn’t want to spend a week here but for one night stop not too bad.

Hidden gem

Beautiful wooded site with good basic amenities (showers and large clean toilets) –  perfect for a self-contained campervan. The sites were large – two cars and three tents – and reasonably priced, and being in among the trees our site felt more private than a standard RV park. We had our own picnic table and a firepit with built in grill, and logs were available to buy onsite. Very peaceful at night, and amazing view of the stars. Would definitely stay here again.

We managed to book a place here at short notice for a busy weekend in August, when all the State campsites were completely booked up. You can book online via the Tillamook County Parks Department site (the booking page was a little glitchy and the box to enter your booking dates occasionally disappeared, but switching between the 'Camping/RV' and 'Day Use/Picnic' tabs brought it back up!) We were glad to get any booking at all, and this was a really pleasant surprise.

Lucky last spot

About 4 years ago my wife, who was my gf then, and I took a road trip to Seattle to see her grandma. While making our way back to Arizona, we decided to cruise down the coast.

We didn’t reserve any camping spots on our trip and just decided we would just decide where we would stay as we went on our trip. After a full day or visiting the Northwest coast of Oregon all day. We needed to find a place to stay around Nehalem. Unfortunately all the state parks were packed and so we’re the local private campgrounds.

So we started making our way south and out of no where we saw signs for this place. It was already dark and we were starting to get desperate to find a place, and lucky for us we got the second to last spot here.

Although the spaces were very near each other, the location of the camping spots was great! With a nice view of the bay and smell of the ocean not far away, we definitely enjoyed our stay at this place that night. If we had more time I think we would of stayed a couple more nights there for sure.

HUGE campground, but nice sites

One of the things I hate is hearing a ton of people around me while I’m camping. This campground is huge and very popular with families, but because of how close it is to the beach and a pretty constant wind you really don’t hear anybody around you. I was aware of kids running around, but never really heard them.

Our site was really big and lots of trees for hammocks & tents with a nice table and fire ring. The sites are really flat and clean with bathroom & showers located nearby.

This entire park is VERY pet friendly. Keep your furry friends on a leash and you can take them on any of the trails in the park. Keep in mind that the beach is VERY windy and my mutt was fine walking downwind, but when we turned around she was very unhappy being very low to the ground with sand blowing in her face.

There are lots of places to explore, a decomposing whale on the beach (stay upwind!), a nice lighthouse (under construction when I visited) and very close to Long Beach.