Tillamook State Forest, OREGON

Camping Oregon Tillamook State Forest

Most Recent Tillamook State Forest Camping Reviews
Great dispersed camping

The paid camping is small and close to the road. But if you drive a little ways passed the paid camp site there is a surplus of free dispersed camping spots that are much more private and beautiful!

A Night on the Creek

We spent only one night here (approx. 45°41'49.5"N 125°44'18.1"W) in a lovely clearing featuring a metal fire ring. Sites are designated, but free for use up to 14 days. Lots of fishing accessible along Cook Creek. Road is dirt/gravel and currently ends about 3.5 miles in due to "flooding damage" which takes the form of several very large boulders blocking the way. Our intention was to go for another 1.5 miles or so, but we were very happy with the site we found. We will definitely return!

Campers beware

Not a very nice place, ok for 1-2 nights other than that, steer clear. 1.5 years experience, reason for leaving, I broke up with my ex, she gave me a 24 hour eviction notice, but actually gave me 6 hours to vacate. Then when leaving she 86'd me, because I broke up with one of her favorites, children. Talk about sketchy, I am thankful that I cannot return, that was the best things anyone could of done, and I yet to see what kind of resort that place is? No free WiFi, unlike advertised, bathrooms are locked most of the time. It was like living in a cult, we were told that if we needed police assistance, we needed to contact the office prior, why, not everything in that park is the managers business, oh and be careful what you say in or out of the trailers, because random people listen I outside of the park. I'm being very honest, when I moved here, I thought, this has gotta be what most people call the trashiest trailer park this side of the Mississippi River. Sorry I seldom had any good experiences in this park.

Turned around

This was to be our second trip to cape lookout, our last was four years ago. The park was no extremely overgrown and the sites appeared to have unkept long term campers! We didn’t stay! Went down the road to cape Kiwanda and had a nice night.

Pleasantly suprise

We don’t typical like private owned campgrounds but this turned into a nice night! The winter price was equal to what the state parks charge and we were given a nice private site upon request. The park is filled with tame rabbits which was a bit hard to control our hunting dogs. The brewery across the street was a great spot for a birthday dinner and the surfers we’re great to watch!

Favorite winter spot

We returned to this park after 4 years of missing it. It’s even better than before!!! Winter camping here is so tranquil! The multiple free shower houses are so clean. Park host are constantly sweeping and blowing debris to keep this gem gleaming! The surf and driftwood and incredible! Plus the hiking was amazing! Got to experience Clarke’s view of the pacific and was also “rewarded with a handsome view”!!!

Disappointing

The beach is lovely and this park has many spots but it wasn’t as nice as the others we’ve winter camped at this February. Showers require quarters, but are hot and clean. Most sites are just gravel and the RV section is just like a big parking lot, no privacy at all

Nice Getaway for the day .

Been coming here since I was a child and I have always loved this place !!

Coming back

Beautiful, lots of amazing places to take pictures, good spots for camping.

SPECTACULAR wildlife all around

[ PROS ]

• We came during offseason (November) and camped at this State Park for 3 nights. Man, it was so amazing. It was super quiet and empty so we felt like we had the entire park to ourselves.

• A family of deer visited us every single morning/night during our stay. We definitely didn't try to interact with them, but they were comfortable to roam right around our site which was a really magical experience

• Nehalem Bay is such a beautiful area and the State Park is nestled in lots of beautiful, lush greenery. There are lots of birds, plants, and other wildlife to observe. We loved hearing coyotes yapping in evenings from the campground.

• It's very peaceful and serene here. It's right by the beach and an easy walk to the coast. We also got to visit Manzanita for a little day trip and had lunch out there. Such a cute little coastal town worth checking out.

• Free hot showers and really nice restrooms. I'm starting to realize that Oregon State Parks are SOOO much superior to California State Parks. The amenities at all the Oregon campgrounds I've visited are wonderful. We definitely got spoiled by camping in Oregon that it will be hard going back home to California

• Very close to stores, restaurants, and gas stations if you need to pick up supplies.

[ CONS ]

• While it was a beautiful campground, the sites are rather small and close together. We obviously didn't experience this campground when it's crowded, but I can imagine how packed it would feel.