Klamath Falls, OREGON

Camping Oregon Klamath Falls

Most Recent Klamath Falls Camping Reviews
Fantastic Fall Camping

I really enjoyed the 4 nights we stayed Nov ‘19. We fortunately had great weather, cool evenings/nights and warm days. I arrived before 5:00 without a reservation, picked a site, and called the county parks line to pay (I wasn’t thinking and didn’t have cash to pay on site). Very friendly person on the phone and very friendly camp hosts. The area is very dry right now and I look forward to camping there when there’s been some substantial rain. I didn’t use the showers, my friend did and said they were good, has a good layout. She did recommend shower shoes though. Overall I look forward to going again. It has what I want with access to things I like to do… hiking, kayaking, wine tasting, and campfires! We were in sites 24 and 25, great! The price was right too! $30/night

Free!

Free and beautiful! Great spot near Crater Lake National Park. Head down the hill to more remote tent sites.

Fantastic

This well-maintained campground is within the national monument and steps from the visitors center. We were there offseason (October), so there were only 3 other campsites taken. SItes A6 and A7 definitely have the best views. There are no hookups for RVs, but there is a water spigot at most sites, along with picnic tables and fire pits. The bathroom was super clean. The $10 camping fee is half priced if you have an annual national park pass. Staying at this campground makes it easy and possible to stay late exploring the lava tubes and getting right back to it in the morning. There’s also a hiking path that leaves right from the campground that takes you to more caves to explore (Three Sisters).

These are the ancestral lands of the Modoc people who were forcibly removed by settlers. The museum and park has excellent education and information about the horrific battle between the Modoc people and the white settlers.

Amenities but gritty

We like to pick campgrounds that have extra amenities, like hot tubs or saunas. This one has both. The spa area is a nice add on to your stay. The facilities are old and therefore feel gritty. Which is the feeling that matches the campground. To get to the RV parking you have to drive/walk by the tent campers, which even off season, felt like those staying there permanently live in their tents and cars. Behind the RV parking is the area where full time residents live, which is also a bit rough. We didn’t feel unsafe, but we definitely didn’t feel like hanging out outside our RV or letting the kids play on the playground. If you go, don’t expect a resort. Think transient hippies and you’ll have your expectations aligned closer to reality.

Beautiful spot, close to town

We were here off season (October) so the water in the reservoir was very low. Despite seeing walls of dirt leading to the water, the view was still very pretty. Lots of stars at night. Quiet. Very exposed when heavy winds came up. I’m sure this is a super fun place to stay in the summer time — kayaking/SUP on the lake, playgrounds, and even a water park around the bend.

Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

Needs more facilities

A beautiful campground, but not enough facilities for the amount of people booked here. We prepaid but weren't told which site we'd be in until arrival. They assigned a campsite in loop D where there was only one bathroom for the dozens of campsites in this loop, and the only way to access it was to walk along a road for cars (no paths cutting through to the center of the campground as most campsites have for a loop). Worrisome in the middle of the night.  We were not given a choice in our own campsite, and it's clear whoever assigned the sites didn't check to make sure they were inhabitable.

We arrived late in the evening, and it had been raining that day…our campsite that was assigned to us was completely flooded. We were frustrated that this campground didn’t consider booking people into dry sites instead of just the closest ones. There are only three showers for all of the campground and every loop to share. See annotated map. Not recommended.

So much better in person

Going to Crater Lake National Park has been one of my goals and I finally made it there. I’ve seen pictures but to see it for my self was magical. We enjoyed lunch at the gift shop. We drove around the rim to see it from different angles. We were supposed to take the boat tour but the boat was broken down. But we still enjoyed the hike down to the lake side.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.