Yurts
No Market
No WiFi
Emigrant Springs is located in Oregon
13 Reviews of Emigrant Springs
Beautiful campground too close to Intestate

We stayed here in a tent site (no hookups) on our way back to Portland from Nevada. As an overnight cut-off campground, it’s lovely: Nice-sized sites set in beautiful Oregon forest (we’d been out of state for a couple weeks and REALLY appreciated the trees); clean bathrooms and showers; long “tent” sites that allowed us to back in our 18ft trailer without uncoupling for the night.

However, it’s right on the interstate. While you kind of tune it out after a while, the road noise is constant and definitely interferes with any sense of “wilderness”.

Historic Camp.... 50ft from the freeway. 👎🏼

So much history in this area. A nice little camp with full hookups, cabins and tent spots. LITERALLY right next to the freeway. Camp host was not friendly and the noise never stopped. Keep on going down the road and look for something else if you’re looking for a true outdoors experience.

Beautiful spot

This campground is great. We’ve stayed twice - once in a tent and once in a cabin and had a wonderful experience both times. We must have lucked out, because the nights we stayed traffic noise didn’t seem bad at all. Bathrooms are nice and clean. The surroundings are so pretty and walking through the campground is so peaceful!

Historic Site, Intrusive Highway Noise

We stopped for a night on our way to Joseph. It seemed like a good stopping point near the highway. The campground is very well kept with nice touches such as a lit pathway through the woods to the washrooms. It is a shame that the campsites are directly by the highway. A half-mile into the forest would have made all the difference! The noise was very loud and traffic did not slow down at night. Eventually we got used to it and it faded into the background as white noise. Convenient but not idyllic.

Nice

Nice campground, with cabins that you can rent. Lots of nature to explore! Nice big bathroom area at campground. Lots of space for picnics at the day use area

Excellent State Park

Excellent 1/2 point between home in Idaho and the Oregon Coast. Tent and full hook ups with helpful campground hosts.

Yes, you can hear the freeway from the campground - so it may not be recommended for tent campers.

Historic stop close to the freeway in the Blue Mountains

This has been a historic place to stop on the way through the Blue Mountains since the Oregon Trail. It has a fair amount of freeway noise these days, though. Reasonably private sites with good shade. I would recommend it as a traveler's stop, but probably not as a multi-day vacation destination.

Clean but noisy

The campsites were very well maintained and the facilities (bathrooms and showers) were kept up nicely as well. If you choose to stay here I would definitely go for a site away from the freeway. Ours was in B loop and you could hear all the vehicles cruising on by on I-84

Nice place for a weekend camp

This location is pretty nice with full hookups and a fair amount of space per site. I’m not sure what the policy’s are but during booking I was told there was only one side available and it was a full hook up RV site that was the most expensive rate. I didn’t need that being fully contained in my truck camper, but I though having electrical and water would be nice. When I arrived o found 95% of the campground empty and saw only 3 other campers over the course of the weekend all in spots right next to mine even thought nearly all spots were vacant.

Loudest campground in the state

Terrible tent camping experience. This campground is TOO close to the highway and too noisy even with ear plugs or music. We could barely sleep nor have a conversation while sitting across each other for breakfast. I would advice to only stay here if you have an RV camper. The bathrooms were very clean, great trails and the interpretive center was very educational. No complaints there.