Yurts
About Emigrant Springs State Park
Emigrant Springs State Park is located in Oregon
6 Reviews of Emigrant Springs State Park
Clean but noisy

The campsites were very well maintained and the facilities (bathrooms and showers) were kept up nicely as well. If you choose to stay here I would definitely go for a site away from the freeway. Ours was in B loop and you could hear all the vehicles cruising on by on I-84

Nice place for a weekend camp

This location is pretty nice with full hookups and a fair amount of space per site. I’m not sure what the policy’s are but during booking I was told there was only one side available and it was a full hook up RV site that was the most expensive rate. I didn’t need that being fully contained in my truck camper, but I though having electrical and water would be nice. When I arrived o found 95% of the campground empty and saw only 3 other campers over the course of the weekend all in spots right next to mine even thought nearly all spots were vacant.

Loudest campground in the state

Terrible tent camping experience. This campground is TOO close to the highway and too noisy even with ear plugs or music. We could barely sleep nor have a conversation while sitting across each other for breakfast. I would advice to only stay here if you have an RV camper. The bathrooms were very clean, great trails and the interpretive center was very educational. No complaints there.

Thimbleberries and plenty of room

We stopped for a night in a rustic camping cabin at Emigrant Springs in July of 2015. It was a welcome dose of green after a long day of brown along the interstate through Idaho and western Oregon. The cabin was rustic, the shower house was in good repair with nice hot showers. There seemed to be good space and shade around the sites offering some privacy. Great spot! Take the time to stop in Meacham on the West side of I-84 tomstop at The Oregon Trail Cafe - literally the ONLY store in this teeny town. Wonderful hospitality, the local ‘scoop’ and great breakfast.

A little noisy, but otherwise AWESOME!

I loved this campground! Park managers were friendly and knowledgeable about the area's rich heritage. It's centrally located to many great adventures, and really easy to find. I have to admit that the road noise got to us… it's right off I-84 and the traffic does NOT let up in the summer… but some earplugs were a good solution for my husband.

We had a blast here!

Emigrant Springs - Love it!

My husband and I love this campground. It's close to the mountains without being too far away - about an hour and a half from us living in Tri-cities. There are showers and water spickets, room for horses, and great hiking trails. There is room for both tent and RV camping. We have only ever gone tent camping, and the size of the campgrounds for us has been great. There is room to set up hammocks and chairs.

The only unfortunate aspect about this campground is that it is somewhat close to the highway. After the first weekend we spent there, we got somewhat used to the sound - it can sometimes be soothing. It's also a good idea to bring something to provide added shade to either the tenting area or sitting area as it gets quite sunny in the morning.