Astoria, OREGON
Most Recent Astoria Camping Reviews
Better for tents

We took the family to Twin Harbors during Westport’s Pirate festival. The festival was fun, the RV campground was not awesome though. First, it’s pretty tightly packed in. Even sitting at your picnic table feels like you’re intruding in your neighbors. Some folks had an RV or trailer and a tent and there was literally zero other space, it was hard to tel where one site ended and the other began. Fire pits are elevated grills at many sites, which I’m not a fan of. Additionally, we had to run to town because the water and power hookups are ridiculously far away from where they sit on anyone’s trailer or RV. And you have to cross a highway to get to the beach. Tents, though: sites looked better, bigger, more divided. Also they’re on the other side of the highway so beach access is easier. We decided that if we do return we’ll dry camp in our little trailer at the tent sites and feel Better about our trip.

I don’t have a horse

I don’t have a horse but I still stayed here! We were in the area, struggling to find a place to camp. After 7 pm, the campground let us set up camp in an empty equestrian campsite. Unique experience!

One of my favs!

Large fun Campground. The beach is large, and if you hit it at the right weather, very spectacular place

Camping checklist

The perfect place to make sure you have everything in order before heading halfway across the state to find out you forgot to pack the new campfire spatula you bought at the end of the year last year! Cabins, hike in tent/hammock sites, RV sites, they have it all! They even provide wheel barrows to haul stuff in to the hike-in sites!

Beautiful park

A great place to camp with the familyin tents or an rv, groups, rent a cabin or hold an event like a wedding. Bring your horses and ride the trails and stay at the horse camp.

Tent and two RV sites are on the first right turn and there is even a stream to play at. Cabins are the first left turn and each has a cute porch swing. Adirondacks are all over and great for scouts to group camp.

The lower bathroom is old and needs updated. The showers are free but the water just sprays everywhere and you have to keep pushing the button for more water. The upper bathrooms are amazing and worth the walk near the horse camp. The tent loop only has a porta potty but it doesn’t stink.

If you do not reserve your spots you can only stay one night and there is an additional $5 transaction fee to pay on site.

Oh and there is no map at the beginning but if you go to the horse camp there is a full map.

Sprint and Verizon have no signal for sure and no Wi-fi is available.

Big place, big fun

This is a really fun place and so many things to do you need more than a weekend, bike trails , battery’s, lake, beach, fishing,,,,a must do for campers

One of my favorites

We just got back from our week long camping trip and like always it was fun. We have been there multiple times, it’s one of my favorites. So much for kids to do from exploring, riding bikes, fishing and going to the amphitheater for some stories. Campsites size very depending on loop. I recommended being prepared for any type of weather rain or shine. Showers are nice with single rooms. Not in every loop though. No outhouses, bathrooms are ok. Campground not right on beach but close enough to ride bike or drive. You are close to a Fred Meyer store in case you forget something. Overall great campground.

Noisy and dusty

While there is no park host, the campgrounds are pretty close to the road. With that, there is plenty of road noise and the trail down to the river goes right through 4 campsites so privacy is minimal.

First timers

First time camping and doing it across the states starting in Tacoma WA and ending in Savannah GA. First stop was here and it seems like it’s setting the bar high. Super easy to find and claim a spot. Campsites were clear and a decent size with picnic table and a fire pit with a grill. The bathrooms have hot water and were clean. I was very impressed. It’s raining but the campgrounds can’t help that.

There is a Karen on every loop.

Way to big, isn’t much like camping, spots are small, all you can hear is people even into the late night. You know it’s bad when you drive down the lane and you see dish network satellites lining the road…

Easy beach access

Clean bathrooms with free showers. Short walk to beach with a view of the lighthouse. Hand dryers in bathrooms are very noisy. Recommend a site not right next to the bathroom.

Easy beach campground

There is not a lot of privacy, as the spots are close together, but this is still one of our favorite places.

The yurts are great for months where weather is unsure.

You are located close to town and good grocery/coffee shops/bakeries.

And the beach access is super close.

Nicest private park we’ve ever stayed at

Aaron and wife have done a tremendous job of revamping this camp.  Clean and up to date facilities, gorgeous community outdoor kitchen, full rev hook ups, easy walk to ocean beach, local musicians weekends.  Best place to stay in Long Beach.

Perfect weekend getaway

This is a large campground. We went on July 3rd-4th and the campground was about 3/4 full. No neighbors in the campsite next to us or across from us which made it quite quiet.

A quick hour and 45 minutes from Portland, about 2 miles outside Rockaway Beach. The fire pits were in immaculate condition and the dinner we cooked over it was very yummy. There is a general store just off the campground boundaries in case you forget some things.

The only reason that isn't getting a full five stars is because you have to pay to take a shower. It's not really THAT big of a deal, and it's only 50 cents; I just wish they would've mentioned it on the website. I will absolutely return to this campground.

Pretty campground / HORRIBLE experience!

The campground is beautiful, but our experience was HORRIBLE! Oh, and campsites are$20 a night now, and it's quite a ways in, down a very poorly kept, narrow, windy road, followed by gravel road at the end, and no cell service.

Anyway… Every campground on the planet uses a piece of paper with a name and date on it to reserve camp sites, and everyone who has ever camped knows this, except people who camp or host at Nehalem Falls Campground. They don't take reservations, it's first come first served, and it takes a good 30 minutes to get there and back from Manzanita. So we drove all the way there in the morning for the sole purpose of securing a site for the night, picked a site, paid for it, put my proof of purchase in the clip on the site we chose, spoke with Cindy, the camp host both on the way in and on the way out, which was less than 5 minutes between, and even told her which site we had picked and paid for… only to return later to find our site OCCUPIED!!!

The host Cindy said"it's because you didn't leave anything there". Uh yeah I did, I left my PROOF OF PURCHASE!!!!! SO RUDE!

So we picked another site, which we actually ended up liking better than the first, camped, got up the next morning, paid for another night, put proof of purchase on clip AND made a sign out of a paper bag very clearly stating that this was our site for that day through next, put dates, etc in HUGE LETTERS so you could not possibly miss it. Also put a large branch across the front of the camp site entrance with a bright pink bin lid being held up by the branch. We car camp, as in no tent, we sleep in the car, that was literally ALL I HAD that I could"leave behind" while we went to play at the beach, oh except a bag full of magazines for starting a camp fire later.

Got back that night and once again, someone had STOLEN our spot!!!! I asked them if they had my bin lid, they had no idea what I was talking about. So THE HOST STOLE MY BELONGINGS that I had left there very specifically so that others knew it was NOT available!!!! And IN WRITING no less! So we chose yet another spot which was small, loud, surrounded by people& barking dogs, slept-ISH and left early the next morning NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN. SO UNBELIEVABLY RUDE!!! AND THEIVES to boot! We actually cut our entire trip short and went home because there was nowhere else to camp, because they all fill up month's in advance.

I wish the state parks were FCFS so you don't have to plan everything two+ months in advance and have zero option of changing plans.

Great place to stay!

Stayed overnight at 21A tent spot which was great! Had WiFi access in a nice secluded area. Has all things needed and beach access is like 10 minutes away! Would stay again and recommend!

Excellent!

Really clean, friendly, and accessible camp site. Offers great RV spots even tho we used the tent spot for one night. Free 24hr access to WiFi, coffee, and bathroom/showers. Definitely recommend!

Consistent

Every time we come here, we know exactly what to expect. Always clean, hasn’t been too crowded when we come and they allow most dogs. (Depending on the breed). Not too far from seaside where there’s plenty of fun to go and have.

The best!

Ten walk in campsites, at the base of one of my favorite mountains (even when foggy!) Wake up and hike to the summit for an incredible sunrise. Bathroom facilities are standard for a trailhead. Spots are secluded and quiet as you are quite far from any main road.

Right on the beach

This campground is in prime location for sunset watching and morning beach walk/runs. It is a very large campsite so do with that what you will. Lots of dogs (that bark quite a bit). But, large spacious sights and facilities.

One of my favorites

I’ve been going here since childhood and never have had any complaints! There so much to do and the beach access is amazing! I love the lake, fort, and warf too.

Very Popular

This park is definitley one of the most popular on the beach! With the vast amount of trails, lighthouses, views, stories, and ammenties it offers it is clear why! Book months in advance to get a good spot. Some spots have unmarked back trails to the beach. While this is nice for your own beach access sometimes folks came wandering through our campsite from the beach.

BEWARE: We did encounter a fair amount of hungry raccoons at this park! They unzipped and ripped apart our spare tent for a dog food an empty dog food bowl. Thankfully we werent in the tent and only had to listen to all the rucuss and ripping of our spare tent during the night.

This place is awesome!

Jones creek used to be just a river day until one of our friends had their wedding there. We all camped there the night before the wedding and the day if tje wedding with the Bride and Groom. This was my first time camping there and I've got to say it was so amazing we have made it a couple times a year on a regular basis

A Pretty Boring Campsite at a Great Park

The Dairy Creek Campground at Stub Stewart is a two loop campground. The sites are spacious, but there isn't much character.  The East loop is pretty much an open field. The west loop has a few more trees but still not much privacy or space between sites.

Dairy Creek is clean and well maintained, and has great access to the trails and disc golf around the park. If you're in an RV this is a good set up. If you're camping with kids, there's a play area here.

There are a few "walk in" sites where you don't park your car next to your tent, but rather in the parking lot next to the grassy area where the open tent sites are. If you're looking for a better tent camping experience that actually feels like it's in the woods, you're better off going to the hike in campground in the park.

The loops are big and there is parking near the bathroom. This is great if you don't want to walk a long way, but it's bad if you've got the campsite near the bathroom with all the cars coming and going.

Quiet, Safe, Clean, Affordable

I stayed here, arriving just after 9pm and ran in to the state park tripped on my way in. She was super kind and gave me directions around the park

The park has full washrooms which worked great as I was sleeping in my truck.

It also had a great playground for kids to play on.

The beach is the most peaceful thing I’ve ever seen at 6 am. It’s like you are the only soul that exist.

Was absolutely beautiful the one night stay.

Generations of memories

This is one of my favorite campgrounds. Our family would do family campouts year after year. Now my cousins and our kids and grandkids repeat the tradition with excitement. We also remember the loved ones that have past on

Always a good experience

I have been coming here since the 60's, it has changed over the years but only by time, taller trees less dunes, but green and beautiful.

Beautiful!!! Lots to explore!

The Oregon coast is beautiful to explore for both young and old!

Best ever park around

We camp here every year and live the area. Staff is awesome and friendly. There is a small place for the dog to do her business. Short walk to the beach

Amazing place

Quiet serene beautiful beach the kids love the dunes in the water