The Dalles, OREGON

Most Recent The Dalles Camping Reviews
Nice park

Stayed in July quit park pretty good WiFi

Beautiful!

This campground gets really crowded from the day use/dam side of the lake. Great for tent camping/swimming. The lake actually gets pretty warm starting in August.

Windy but Beautiful!

Do not fall prey to a river view spot! There are no trees to provide shade or protection from the wind! There are burn marks on my tent from the polls rubbing together. It is also a little weird only being able to access the campground from one side of the 84.

Awesome Primitive Camping + Nice Composting Toilet

This is a great hidden gem right off the bank of the Deschutes River. It’s in Lockit area, if I remember correctly. After a full day of rafting, we floated right up to this spot with a biiig group of people. The few designated riverside campsites were already taken, so we opted to walk up into the open field (maybe 150 yards from the water) and make camp. Besides the glorious surroundings, the best part of this campsite is definitely the NICE composting toilet. It’s the only amenity available but we were all thankful to have it and impressed by how clean and new it felt. A train will pass by at least a couple times over the course of a night, but it’s kind of a fun sight as long as it doesn’t come by in the middle of the night. Overall it’s a very solid option for Deschutes rafters and I would happily stay there again.

Riverside Beaut

Stayed here a couple times, and I’m sure I’ll be back again. We‘ve snagged “Oak” campsite both times we stayed here, and I can’t imagine a better spot. Super private, sits 10 feet below the campground road so you feel hidden. It’s also huge, and it has its own little trail that leads you down to the river. Sites have picnic tables and fire rings with a built-in cooking/grill spot. I’m not an RVer, but I saw there were water/utility hookups available, as well as garbage dumps. Highly recommended campground for people in the Hood River area.

So Incredible!

I have stayed there twice now. I love it so much! Both times we have snowshoed in and even thou the conditions weren’t perfect, we had a Blast!

Very nice roadside camping spot.

Be prepared for the semi trucks waking you up! So loud! I got a large spot by the stream/river which was very nice and calm. Bugs were not bad.

Wonderful

We went during the week because the weekends are too insanely busy. Loved our walk-in camp spot, had a fabulous time. Our site had easy access to the lake. Vault toilets were very clean. Good hikes nearby. Lots of people enjoying the lake.

It was okay.

I just couldn’t get over hearing the semi trucks on 26. But… There’s a nice view of Hood on the south side of the lake. Vault toilets. It was July, bugs were not bad. There were a tons of baby frogs everywhere on the northside of the lake, it was crazy to see. Good hiking nearby.

It was okay.

I just couldn’t get over hearing the semi trucks on 26 from our campsite. But… We had a nice spot. We felt safe. Vault toilets only. It was July, bugs were not bad. There were a tons of baby frogs everywhere on the northside of the lake, it was crazy to see. Good hiking nearby.