Willamette National Forest , OREGON

Camping Oregon Willamette National Forest

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Willamette National Forest Camping Reviews
City camping in Lincoln City

We stay here because we can do some Rockhounding on the Lincoln City beaches. Despite being located in a busy Oregon Coast tourist town, it isn’t that noisy. It can flood in the fall and spring months, their rainy seasons. There is usually a camp host or two where you can get help or firewood. The sites aren’t that private although native Rhododendrons and others often divide the sites. What I like the best are the free hot showers and an outside sink to wash your dishes. There are standard (no hookups) and hookup sites with water, wastes water and power. There off season rates available for less cost. We paid $21 for a standard no hookup site the last time we were there in April, 2018.

Camping in a neighborhood

Definitely more of a trailer park with long term residents than a short term RV Park. People are friendly and cost is low. But there are no sewer hook ups for short term guests and they do not have a dump station.

Darling

Well done! Great style of the camp! High end looking and the vintage trailers are too cute! Thanks!!

Crowded, Noisy, Lack of Privacy, Beautiful Lake

This campground is best suited for boaters and fishermen.  You can pull your boat up to the shore, close to the campsites.  They sell firewood and ice.  Restrooms not too clean.  No privacy.  Don’t camp near the highway or it’s pretty noisy at night.

A nice little campground

Beautiful lake for swimming. Read mountain biking. Excellent hiking.

A fitting name

Large private sites, beautiful river, and really nice mountain biking. What more could you ask for.

Boondocking heaven

There are many forest roads off the 97. If you look at this one on Google Earth you will see many pull offs. The road is good, gravel and maintained (plowed in the winter).

This is one of my favorite places

I have camped here numerous times over the years. I love the dispersed camping. The sites are open, so good for solar, but do get windy.

I have camped at the quarry a few times with my friends that have a camp trailer. I have also camped in the pull outs.

My friends have found chanterelles in the woods, and fishing (last time I was there) has been great. It is great for fly fishing and for plunk and wait fishing.

It is dispersed so only a few areas have bathrooms, and not being a regular campground some neighbors can get rather rowdy. But, overall it is a definite favorite.

So quite..so beautiful

An excellent spot. Great views and a good chance no one else is around.

Beautiful hike along the river

I love this site. There is a trail at the far end that leads to a cool rock formation with caves in it. They are small but really cool to explore. Cute and gross little cave crickets live there as well as those creepy spiders. But over all a beautiful walk in and out. I prefer to go in the fall because of the leaves ❤️