Florence, OREGON

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Florence Camping Reviews
Winchester Bay

Nice clean beautiful setting

Know where you are camping!

Great place but the $10 is SAND Camping in the dunes. The actual campground is $25 a night.

Family friendly

I have been going here since I was a little tyke with my family and have enjoyed it every time. There are tons of things to do around the campground. From Swimming and catching crawdads to hiking the old growth trail there is almost something for everyone. There are even ADA camp spots if needed. They cleared out trees and brush a few years ago and made it a little bare in places. But with a little time foliage has grown back to make the spots a little more private. We love utilizing the horse shoe pits (bring your own shoes) and the day use area if friends join us for the day. The creek if fun to play around in and you can walk all the way to the Siuslaw river with a small dammed up are where the day use are is. There is also a small boat ramp near that is used moderately. In all we love this place and will keep the tradition going by bringing our kids here every year!

I have been camping here for 25+ years now I get to take my daughter there and we love every minute of it the lake, the dunes, bike riding scooters. The staff is great and the facilities are always clean it’s a must-see park.

Nice camping near Yaquina Bay

[ PROS ]

• Big interpretive/visitor center. It was closed during offseason but I hear the Rangers host lots of fun activities for kids
  • There is a hospitality center where you can purchase firewood ($5), bags of ice, along with other fun gift items. You can also pick up brochures, maps, and other helpful information about the park's activities
  • Lots of hiking and equestrian trails around
  • Beach trail access that takes you right to the coast
  • FREE HOT SHOWERS!! Woot woot! I'm from CA so most CA State Parks have pretty sad showers that you have to pay for. This was such a treat for us.
  • Clean restrooms, plenty of stalls, ample toilet paper, soap dispenser. The restroom facilities are really nice!
  • Close to Rogue Brewery. We went on a day trip to visit the brewery, enjoy some local brews, and have lunch. The place has so much fun merchandise and beer for souvenirs.

[ CONS ]

• Really crowded campground. We came during offseason (mid-November) and the place was still mobbed. We were on a 2-week camping road trip and all the other campgrounds we visited along the way were really empty, this place looked fully occupied as far as the eye can see.
  • Individual sites are pretty small and close together. Not the worst I've experienced, but I was definitely wishing for a little more space
  • Not many tent sites. Only 60 tent sites and 227 electrical sites. We ended up getting an electrical site (based on availability) so we were surrounded by large RVS all around.
Great Place

A great place, very close to the ocean and very beautiful. Tent sites are $19 and pretty close together and small. We only stayed for one night and we got there when it was dark. Very busy for the end of November. Super rainy but that’s not the camps fault. Showers were hot and the bathrooms were nicely kept 😎

Awesome showers!

Great campground with really nice showers and a sink to wash dishes.

Wonderful place to stay

Large well kept and maintained park. Convenient to restaurants , shops and markets in and near harbor. All within walking distance. Dune attractions and dune vehicle rentals nearby. Best place to stay in that area.

Luxury Glamping

We spent four nights in October at Bay Point Landing. We highly recommend this spot. Everything is clean, well kept, and beautifully designed. The kids loved the salt water pool. The adults loved the beautiful view, the coffee in the clubhouse, and the workout room. We brought our own RV, but we peeked in the little cabins and airstreams and were very impressed.

Coos Bay is a small area where everything is fairly close driving distance. We drove by many of the other RV camping options in the area, and this one was by far the best. Off season rates were very reasonable for all the amenities.

Great for group camping!

We stayed here for a church group camping event.  Clean bathrooms, great sites.  Lots of room for kids to run around.  Close to the beach and a great local brewery.