Fall Creek Lake, OREGON

Camping Oregon Fall Creek Lake

Most Recent Fall Creek Lake Camping Reviews
Ok

Used to be great. Last time we were there it was pretty run down

Beautifully seated on the North Umpqua River but has highway noise

There are several campgrounds in the North Umpqua area that make excellent base camps from which to explore. Island campground is centrally located smack in the middle of Highway 138 which hosts a plethora of uproarious waterfalls. The campground is directly on the North Umpqua River and has pit toilets serviced year round. There is a $10 fee per night and bringing backup toilet paper of your own is highly recommended in the off season. Highway noise can be heard from the campground but the close proximity makes it easy to drive off and explore the area.

Peaceful

So relaxing and many swimming holes. Trails to walk and see the waterfalls. Very easy to moderate trails that have been pretty kept up by forestry workers and the community.

Beautiful views

We have gone here twice and each time have done different activities. The last time we brought kayaks and paddled down the curvy stream to the main lake, which was very shallow! The evening air is crisp even in the summer which I enjoy after a long hot day hiking on the many trails in the area. There are a few sites here that I prefer which are the closest to the end of the campground next to the creek. We have not had any fellow campers while we were there but we go in the middle of the week due to the high traffic on the weekends. It is a little bit more open so if you want privacy bring some tapestries. I wouldn't bring a rv or anything, maybe a camper on a pick up truck.

Family friendly

I have been going here since I was a little tyke with my family and have enjoyed it every time. There are tons of things to do around the campground. From Swimming and catching crawdads to hiking the old growth trail there is almost something for everyone. There are even ADA camp spots if needed. They cleared out trees and brush a few years ago and made it a little bare in places. But with a little time foliage has grown back to make the spots a little more private. We love utilizing the horse shoe pits (bring your own shoes) and the day use area if friends join us for the day. The creek if fun to play around in and you can walk all the way to the Siuslaw river with a small dammed up are where the day use are is. There is also a small boat ramp near that is used moderately. In all we love this place and will keep the tradition going by bringing our kids here every year!

Beautiful late in the season

We went Scott Lake in early October 2019 and had the chance to receive the first snowfall of the season. There are a few spots right along the lake that are pull in for vehicles (a few that you have to hike to the lake but not that far). Farther down the road are hike in spots that we will be going to with family next year. It was peaceful and quiet and we never heard a peep from any of the other campers. The camp sites were super clean and very well laid out. The lake was low so I had to dock my kayak where the channel was between the two main parts of the lake was and explored the rest on foot. My three dogs loved it there and loved swimming in the lake. It was an overall great experience and we will definitely be back again next summer!

Exceptional service! Sparkling Clean!

We loved the Glamping tents, new and beautifully appointed, the facilities were well kept and sparkling clean. The bathrooms were clean and newly updated. We will be back.

Standard KOA

Very standard KOA right off the highway.

Nice

A few sites with Lake or River views. Quieter than Lava Lake.

Mountains

Every site has a Mountain View. Sites right next to dirt road so it can be pretty dusty.