The best TENT SITES camping near
Wetumka , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Wetumka Camping Reviews
Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!

Really nice area not far off the highway.

$23 for an RV spot and $14 for tent spot as of 2020. RV spots are paved

Beautiful area

This place was further off the beaten path than expected and was a beautiful location. I camped in late November so water was shut off but electric worked well. Bathrooms were pretty gross and the facilities in general just felt fairly decrepit. All that said, I'm a sucker for waterfront camping and would definitely check it out again with a full fresh tank.

Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.

Small and dirty

I went seadooing on this small body of water. Choppy and dirty.

All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Gorgeous on lake

Quiet spacious, clean bathrooms with toilet paper and showers. Had a spot on the lake. Perfect.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.