The best DRIVE IN camping near
Taloga , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Taloga Camping Reviews
The NICEST RV Park I've Ever Seen

We visited Wanderlust Crossings RV Park in late October 2020 in the aftermath of a major ice storm that swept across Oklahoma. When we arrived we learned that they had just suffered a power outage from the ice storm and they asked us if we wanted to stay or if we wanted them to cancel our reservation. Just from seeing the cleanliness of the main office / store, it was a no-brainer that we would stay. Honestly, this RV park is the absolute nicest one I've seen, especially considering that there really isn't an attraction or naturally beautiful landscape to make up for shortcomings that you may find elsewhere. This park made me want to be an investor with the owners because they've definitely figured out how to run a tight ship. The sites are huge and well spaced out. The landscaping is freshly maintained. All of the buildings are new and have a modern industrial decor. I wish we had the opportunity to stay longer than two nights. Everything about our experience was pleasant - even in the absence of electricity for much of our stay!

Oasis in the Plains

Roman Nose is a popular State Park with many activities to keep you entertained & beautiful scenery. We stayed at RV Site #39 at Two Lakes & enjoyed our stay. It was a clean site with full hookups, picnic table, fire pit and spaced well from the other sites. Traffic was heavy because of the nearby General Store, fishing dock and one trail head to Inspiration Point. If we returned, would stay at #40, but #37, 38 & #39 are good sites.

Cedar Cove had water & electric and seemed to be the sites with least traffic & felt a bit more peaceful.

Canyon Vista is very crowded, open & only for those that enjoy knowing their neighbors well. When we walked by, it felt like a huge party, everyone seemed happy & enjoying their time.

Bitter Creek RV Area & Bitter Creek Tent Area are separated from the hustle & bustle, however the RV area is very open & very visible from the main road. It is good for very big RVs.

The Spring Loop Trail with the Spring Pavilion & the old OCC Pool is a must & so is the Inspiration Point Trail. Inspiration Point Trail is a moderate trail with some steep grades.

A nice, northern OK spot.

My wife, our dog and I went up for a few days in the Spring of 2018. Was a nice location and some really pretty scenery. Not to mention some nice trails. Highly recommend with the great staff they have, and places to explore.

Small and Quite

Stayed here for a couple of days while traveling to Colorado with friends. The caverns where very interesting as well as the trails around the campground. You could see alabaster everywhere, beautifully exposed. The area appears to be a Dark Sky Area with little artificial light, so the night sky was brilliant!

The campground hosts were very friendly and informative. I would stop here again if my route takes me that way.

Quiet respite!

Ducking off i-40 to the North, Foss State Park was a great place to stay the night. Larger town of Clinton, just SE of the park.
Concrete pads, water, 50 amp, picnic table and a great (grate) fireplace. Small trees shade the pads. Dark night sky, except for small city lights to the North. The communication from the Park station was pleasant and responsive to inquiry. A little windy, but typical for OK. Worth the short drive from i-40.

Fine For What It Is

We stayed here for one night in a cross country camping road trip. There seem to be two places to camp- one is on a small loop on the left after you enter the property and the other is if you continue straight instead of turning left there are spots by the lake. When we were there there were signs saying “for day use only” by the lake so we stayed in the first loop to the left. This loop had around 6 camping sites and one group site. (By the lake has around 6 sites dispersed.) This review is based off of staying in the first loop. Both had vault toilets and a dumpster. I did not see any water. There was no view of the lake from the first loop but there were stairs up to the top which was a nice view. Agree with a previous reviewer that they should change the name on the plaque. When we were there we were the only campers in either area.

Pros: isolated, free, there are trees surrounding the small loop that keep you protected.

Cons: you can hear trucks going by on the main road, the vault toilets were super ripe, almost all sites were on an incline, there were flies (although not an excessive amount), if it was busy there wouldn’t be much privacy between sites (the area is surrounded by trees and a hill but there were many trees between sites), there was a small amount of trash from previous campers.

Fine for staying one night.

Too hot

We stopped here to stay overnight while traveling through. It was a cute, out of the way spot. It was a very hot (99 degrees October 11th) and very windy late afternoon. There were tons of flies. The picnic table had animal droppings. As we car camp, we felt we would not be comfortable given the conditions. We decided to relocate.

Great Hosts

This is a small, but comfy RV park with full hookups (30/50amp), bath house and laundry facilities. There is also a common fire pit. The place is located on historic Route 66. Close to the I-40, but far enough away that the passing traffic would bother you. The hosts, Danny and Virgina, are the nicest people you will ever meet. I am a brand new RVer and had problems backing my trailer into one of the slips. Virgjnia was nice enough to back the trailer in for me. I will deffinitely stop by again whenever I am in Hinton/Bridgeport, OK area. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Highly recommemd this place !

Very peaceful, clean place and super nice owner we met, Denny & Verginia . Definitely come back again.

Stunning

This place is gorgeous and the views are breathtaking from the top. There aren’t a lot of hiking trails. It’s one way up, walk around on the plateau and back down you go. We drove pretty far to see it and it wasn’t a long stop. We spent a decent amount of time up too but next time will make it a part of a bigger trip to see more things. There’s picnic tables and restrooms. I’d for sure picnic here. The way up is steep. I took my dog and she did great going up the grates steps. So did my children (ages 6 and 13). They do have a water hydrant by the bathrooms so you can get water for your pets. My kids enjoyed putting their faces in it bc it was a pretty hot day lol. There is a vending machine but it was not working when we went.