The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Quapaw , OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Quapaw Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Quapaw Camping Reviews
Peaceful and convenient

Great primitive spot near the front with no electric but water within walking distance. Remote and lovely

Relaxing Place to Camp and Get Away

We camped here in the fall and were pleasantly surprised with all the pecans we gathered. It's secluded and quiet with views of the Grand River and Neosho River. Wheelchair Friendly. Roads were paved. If you gold a golf course is just down the street. We walked up to the golf course and stopped for a snack on the way to check out the more primitive campsite across the bridge.

There are 50 amp full hook up pullthroughs. We woke up to deer out our window. No playground but great nature walks around the area.

Nice getaway

The only reason I gave this a 3 star is because there is really no amenities BUT we love it because is is right by a creek, quiet except for the water fall of the dam which I happen to like. There is a playground. People come to fish (catfish, crappy, large and smallmouth bass, sunfish, spotted bass, wallet, & white bass)and float in the river in the summer. It is shallow enough for kids to splash around in and have fun. For fall camping it’s a nice place to get away and relax. Park is for day use only 11/4/20-4/1/21

If you’re in to baseball there’s a statue of Mickie Mantel across from campground. Spavinaw is where Mickie Mantel was born.

Like BBQ head up the road a little to the town of Spavinaw and have the best most tender BBQ around. We drive up there just for the BBQ.

A Tradition We Look Forward to All Year

We stay at spavinaw every June.   I've been for 13 years and my husband has gone for 36.  It's beautiful.   A wonderful place for all ages.   There is swimming and fishing and beautiful scenery.   It fills up on the weekends over summer but still doesn't feel too crowded.   The "waterfall" is probably a favorite for the kids as long as the water is running.   You can't beat tradition.   We have a family reunion under the pavilion.   There's a corner store up the road.   The bathrooms are nice,  but there aren't any stalls.   Just one toilet and one shower.   There are electric and primitive sites. It's a nice flowing creek with fairly clear water and a "beach".  The rocks are so pretty here.   Especially by the water fall.

Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Ozark Gem

I’ll start my review by saying I’ve never pitched my tent in this park but have visited many times. They added tent sites in 2019- they appear to be primitive and include a fire ring. The nice thing is the tent sites are far from the RV sites so no unwanted noises for tenters in the night.

Trails abound in and around blowing springs which connect into the back 40 trail system…you can hike the B40 but remember this is a shared trail and you will come across many mountain bikers enjoying the trails system. There is also a arbortrarium in the park towards the back, a couple caves, and a creek.

If you are in need of snacks etc it’s a quick 2 minute drive to the grocery store / sonic/ Pizza Hut.

Primitive fun

This campsite is not for those who want amenities. There are 4 SPACIOUS sites and they are what I would call primitive. No hookups/ no electricity/ no running water. Good for star gazing. Two sites have a paved pad and two do not…depends what you’re looking for. There are quite a few trails ranging from 1.5-4.5 miles—- total of 14 miles of trails. The nature center is small but they have two bison, a coyote, and many other learning opportunities inside. Speaking of bison and coyotes… you’ll hear the coyotes all night howling and barking…the bison are roaming around which you will be able to see where they’ve been by the scat droppings around the road and trail system. Definitely something to see if you’ve never seen the plains before.

Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Great overnight resting place

Clean. Safe. Great for an overnight on our way from Joplin to OK City. $30 for electricity and water. Easy check in and plenty of spots. Also, near the casino if you’re interested. Nothing fancy, but we didn’t need fancy.