The best BOAT IN camping near
Madill , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Madill Camping Reviews
Love the Lake...Site 9 not so much

Great sites around this lake but if only the area around #9 is open you might want to rethink. Right on top of each other and the picnic tables, fire pits are oddly placed.

Nice!

Nice clean campground. Fills up fast. Great showers.

Beautiful place

Our camping site was 022 On Armadilla Hill

Nice Getaway from Dallas!

One of my first and favorite state parks in Texas. Several nice hiking trails, fond memories of Daddy/Daughter camping trips, and a quick escape to a relaxing & restful place an hour north of Dallas!

Nice Little Place

Starting with just making the reservation. By far the easiest process for booking a site we have ever experienced. The website is well organized and very descriptive when explaining the amenities of each site. I also greatly appreciated the text messages letting us know when and how to check in. Its nice to know the expectations on arrival. It is a very small campground with the a majority of the sites well separated. There were a few clusters of close spaces, but as I mentioned above, the website made it clear as to what sites those were. The RV site itself(#36) was easy to back into with plenty of space for our outdoor set up. Fair warning, the water hookups are FAR from the site. Do not under estimate how far these things are. With 75ft of hose - we were barely reaching the nozzle. Again, we warned of this when making our reservation. Finally, the beaches. It was nice the only people who had access to the water were the people who had booked a site, this is because there is a gate into the campground you must have a code for. If there was another point of entry, we did not see it. The thing keeping this place from earning 5 stars, is the uncleanliness of said beaches. Pieces of metal, glass, and garbage were all over the place. Was not a place we could sit down and enjoy. I may have very well missed a cleaner stretch within this campground and just did not walk far enough to find, but what we did find was a bummer. Other than that, it was a great place and somewhere we would be happy to come back to.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

Great RV Campsites

Roomy, well kept. Reasonable prices

Peaceful and quiet!

We stayed here for 2 weeks over Labor Day 2020. It is a secluded, large property far away from any road noise so it is very quiet. All sites have FHU 30/50 amp. Sites are either grass or some gravel. Our site, 25, was shady, grassy and level with room for us to park our car next to our MH. The owners are pleasant and helpful. When we arrived they were on vacation but they had a woman watching the park. She told us to pick any site. Our Verizon was 2 bars of 4G and I was told that AT&T is sketchy here. There is plenty of shopping in nearby Ardmore. There is 1 set of showers, a laundry room and 3 community fire pits. There are no dog runs but it seems nobody pays attention to the“Pets must be leashed and under control” rule. In my opinion this is one of those places where“Resort” is a misnomer. No picnic tables, cable, WiFi. Pool or other amenities associated with other RV Resorts. If you are in the area, especially for Lake Murray, you don’t need those other conveniences and enjoy peace and quiet this is a good place for you. Website is www.shangri-larvresort.com

Very Impressed

Family and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased with the amenities and upkeep of the campgrounds. The concrete pad made for easy set up the trailer. The beaches were no different with easy access and well kept shores. One of the nicest campgrounds in the area. The only con would be the lack of cell service. For some, this may not be a big deal and for us it was nice to have a break from the world, but there were moments where some type of connection would have been nice. This is by far a family favorite and a place we look forward to going back to.

Great Boaters Park!

It has been a while since I visited Eisenhower State Park. On my last visit it ssmed as if the park staff could care less. There was litter scattered everywhere. My neighbors had to complane multiple times to get someone to come to there campsite and clean up the large pile of tolet paper and human fecies that was right next to the picnic table.

(things may have changed since then, I sure hope they have).

The swim area in this park is down a pretty steep gravel trail that I had a hard time navegating. There is very limited bank access since the park sits about 50 feet up from the water line.

There is a  boat ramp, store, food truck, fuel for your boat and bait located at the marina.

I doubt very much that I ill return to this park as there is not much for the mobiity challenged to do.