The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Laverne , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Laverne Camping Reviews
Small and Quite

Stayed here for a couple of days while traveling to Colorado with friends. The caverns where very interesting as well as the trails around the campground. You could see alabaster everywhere, beautifully exposed. The area appears to be a Dark Sky Area with little artificial light, so the night sky was brilliant!

The campground hosts were very friendly and informative. I would stop here again if my route takes me that way.

Let down

We camped here for a weekend. There was no fire pits for the rv sites. The sites were super close together. The bathrooms were really clean but the showers were a little gross and there was no hot water for them. The main reason we came were for the caverns and despite there being a sign and information online that the cavern would be open, they were still closed because of the Rona.

Despite that, the staff was nice and the trails were beautiful. Just didn’t get to see the caves.

Or have a fire….

Interesting area

There was several things of interest if you like geology. RV sites were easy to get into. Quiet place to stop. Only complaint is the showers require quarters to operate (they don’t charge for day use) was the answer we were given when we asked about it.

The cave tour is worth the drive

We really enjoyed the cave tour. A very knowledgeable guide took us through the cave and showed us all the cave features. The cave tour is a great idea in the heat of the summer since it’s nice and cool down there. We hiked a couple of the trails. There were some strenuous parts but the scenery is worth it. The RV sites looked nice but I don’t think I’d want to tent camp here. The tent camping site is on a slope and there doesn’t really seem to be a good place to pitch a tent. Great for a day trip though.

Great sites great staff

Well maintained sites. Amazing swimming area. Helpful staff. Holiday's are busy

No store on site

The south rv spots can get rowdy but they are improving and patrolling the area more frequently.

If you have a boat the sandbars are a great place to stop and let the kids play safely in the water

Small CG

11 sites. So be sure to reserve a spot if you need to stay for the night. We were traveling through to CO and stopped for 2 nights. Electric boxes are newer and water pressure was good. Dump station available. The second day we took the cave tour. Thought we were going to have a tour to ourselves. Instead we dealt with others. Some who were a bit snippy about the van (vs. Tram) ride back. I enjoyed the cave very much. Beautiful displays of gypsum looking sleek as glass. No pictures allowed in the caverns. No smoking, vaping, food or bottled water either. Wear decent shoes due to slick, muddy spots and a jacket. It gets a bit chilly inside.

Caves to explore

Definitely take a cave tour while visiting, but also explore the other trails in the park through the canyon. There are a few different camping locations, we stayed farthest from the visitor center and hiking trails. You can walk to the caves from any of the campgrounds. No shade at the sites but very pretty. Simple sites. Clean, quiet, peaceful. Next time we will do the cave camping option where you get to say inside the cave!

Alabaster Caverns

Went here spontaneously after recommendation from someone in a diner. Beautiful caverns, definitely do the tours and dress for cool temps, slippery rocks. Awesome bats when we visited years ago, maybe not anymore due to white nose disease :( Lovely trees and canyon. Campground is small but sites are very nice and clean. Rangers were especially nice with lots of geology/nature info in the office.

Alabaster

I took my little cousins here and they had a blast. It was really cool when you go to go in the caves. The caves are really slippery so I should have wore my hiking boots instead to sandals. The tour was amazing and was only 10 dollars. There are campsite though we did not camp here. The restrooms were really clean and I would definitely recommend coming here

Alabaster Caverns

This is a really great park in Major County, Oklahoma. Very close to other natural sites like, Little Sahara and the Gloss (Glass) Mountains. We prefer tent camping in the canyon area, but be forewarned that it can be cold at night. The tour is enjoyable, and 3 species of bat can be seen frequently. All and all a great little park.