The best RV SITES camping near
Flint Creek , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Flint Creek Camping Reviews
Decent

I didn't come here out of choice, but out of necessity to stay with my friends as we were going to float. Our campsite was tucked in behind the stage and very near the restrooms.

The restrooms were nice, but could have been laid out way better and more efficient. One toilet in the men's and as a tall guy…when the door touches you when you sit……well that isn't great. The showers were large and worked well.

There is a disc golf course on site, which I can only assume can be played when the campsite attendance is low.

I did see a few RVs, I am not sure on hookups, but they were right next to the bathroom.

I believe they do charge by car, so I paid for 1 person what a family of 4 pays. Not sure how I feel, but it is what it is.

Ozark Gem

I’ll start my review by saying I’ve never pitched my tent in this park but have visited many times. They added tent sites in 2019- they appear to be primitive and include a fire ring. The nice thing is the tent sites are far from the RV sites so no unwanted noises for tenters in the night.

Trails abound in and around blowing springs which connect into the back 40 trail system…you can hike the B40 but remember this is a shared trail and you will come across many mountain bikers enjoying the trails system. There is also a arbortrarium in the park towards the back, a couple caves, and a creek.

If you are in need of snacks etc it’s a quick 2 minute drive to the grocery store / sonic/ Pizza Hut.

Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Easy Camprground near water

Very casual campground near the lake. Very basic campsites with table, fire pit, gravel tent site,lantern stand. Fairly clean site but sites are pretty close to one another. Bathrooms were open but not clean and no soap to wash hands. There was a fair bit of road noise during the night that kept us awake.

Beautiful Campground & State Park

We were only staying here one night (unfortunately) on a cross country camping road trip with two young kids (2 & 4.) we stayed in loop A which was all tents when we were there, I didn’t see any hook ups. There were some hike in trails off of this loop. This loop has around 24 sites and we stayed in site 22, which was right across from the restrooms/showers. This was fine for us bc we have two small kids and like to be close to restrooms/showers but if you’re looking for privacy this spot might not be for you, we had some people walking through our site to get to the restrooms. But all sites were large enough I wouldn’t be too worried.

Cons: there was a coke vending machine by the camp board (out in the open) that was lit up and an annoyance when trying to star gaze at night, distracted from the nature. The water spigots were dripping out of the sides and slightly annoying to use if you were trying to fill up a container.

Pros: gorgeous surroundings, rangers were friendly, large sites, all seemed flat, clean bathrooms and showers, trash and recycling at frequent intervals around the loops, all clean, water, nice camp store with basic necessities like soap and light snacks, playground for kids back by the camp store (we didn’t test it out tho) and did I mention the beautiful surroundings?

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

Beautiful Lake in the Ozarks

Small clean lake with lots of wildlife and close to Fayetteville. Kayak, canoe, and fishing, with bird watching, RV and tent camping, and day use areas among the trees! Some handicap accessible areas. Improvements and upgrades have been and are being made.

Beautiful Falls Great for Family

When traveling through Oklahoma, Natural Falls is a great place to camp. It’s on border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, near Siloam Springs. It’s peaceful. You can take your wheelchair on some of the trails and look at the Falls. There’s a steep hike down to the falls for those who can walk it. The road is paved and each site has cement pad. So if you have a special needs person with you they can get around with no prob. There is also discount for totally disabled people.

There are nice playgrounds, disc golf and trails. Camp in RV or tent. Definitely going back. Been twice already in one summer. (2019)

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Beautiful Falls Great foe Family

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com