The best RV SITES camping near
Ellaville , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Ellaville Camping Reviews
Nice park, brown water

Neat and clean park. Water was brown, but we have a Berkey filter, so it wasn't a problem for us. I wouldn't be happy if we didn't have the Berkey, and weren't still winterized. Use your inline filters here! Friendly staff.

Great spot

50 amp, water, sewer dump station on the way out, concrete pad, picnic table under the shade tree, fire pit, 5g T-Mobile cell service. Trees need to be trimed from the campground, you will get your rig scratched. We have a 40 foot fifthwheel and was able to find several sites that would work fot sat dish. Sites are not on top of each other. Lots of places for walks and the boat launch is just down the hill. We will stay here again, just hope they trim the trees.

Past it’s Prime

Older park adjacent to an amusement park. In serious need of updating & clean up. We stopped here for one night in route to Texas, for which it served the purpose. Staff very pleasant. Pluses include water/sewer at each site, decent tv reception. Includes wifi but so slow basically unusable. Electric was sketchy & was non-working at some sites. Asphalt drive was broken & rough throughout. Appear to be full-timers here with rv’s in very poor condition. Old mattresses, household items, garbage piled around the trash dumpsters. Definitely not a vacation destination.

One of Our Favorite Places

This was the first time we camped in Loop C, which is reserve only. It was in January, so the Loop was about 1/3rd full with mostly RVs. Loop D, first come, first serve, had less campers. RV sites have water & electric & tent sites have shared water. The restrooms were very nice, clean and heated. We stayed at site 81C, which was a challenge to back into because of trees that were close to drive. The pad was fairly level & the picnic table/fire pit pad was separated from the RV pad. I could only imagine how secluded this site would feel with vegetation on the trees. This loop also had many tent sites and all the tent & RV sites are well sized & spaced. Some RV sites closer to the water look like they would be a challenge to level, but most sites have fairly level pads & all sites have very level picnic/fire pit pads for an area that has some generally steep slopes. There was only one lake view RV site in Loop C, 56C, that had the hookups on the side that pointed the front door towards the lake, but all had a gorgeous view from the picnic/fire pit pads. Absolutely love the Chickasaw National Recreational Area because of the many activities this park offers & its history.

Six days of great

The people here are very nice and helpful. We stayed at this park for 6 days waiting for our new hitch to get there and everything was great. The bath house is very nice and there’s a great playground and dog park. I’m very happy we decided to pull in.

Pretty, Wooded Site

We stayed here in loop D for one night in mid-December. There were only 2 other groups when we arrived to set up camp, but another 10-12 groups had come through by the time we were finished. Our site still had a lot of privacy and plenty of room to gather wood and explore. We did have to pick up some trash before we set up camp. Our pad had a table, a fire ring with a grill grate, and a lantern pole.

The restrooms were down the road a bit, but still fairly close. They were large, clean, and well stocked.

Out with 2020 Hope 2021 better

We wanted to end this terrible year (2020) and start the new one (2021) fresh….while camping. We stayed at Point campground in spot 47. Never camped here before and can’t wait to come back. We were so impressed at the space and layout of each site not to mention the spectacular design of main restrooms. Trip was planned for 12/28/20 thru 1/1/21 (started a new tradition and did same dates Palo Duro Canyon, TX last year) to start the new year off camping. This year the snow/ice bad weather chased us off early but will be sure to make this one of our first trips in the new year.

Worked for the night in a pinch

Was passing through the area and needed a place to land since I couldn’t find any BLM out this way. I paid $16 for a tent site at Hog campground, which had a fire ring and picnic table. Pulled in at night so it took me a while to find it but all tables note the campsite which helped. Bathrooms were meh, but worked. Didn’t use the showers but they aren’t free. They are quarter showers. Clean site and felt safe. Had 2 bars of LTE AT&T service.

Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.