Camping in Criner

109 Reviews of 13 Criner, Oklahoma Campgrounds

Fabe D.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Tarantulas in Oklahoma?!?!

Long parking area makes for nice seclusion. Woods crowd you in, lake nearby. Watch for creepy crawlies; I had no idea they had tarantulas.

• park rangers are a little stand-offish here; I only asked for a pamplet!
Siteupper camp area, site 043
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Clean, well spaced camping

Central State Park is a clean, well maintained campground. We arrived late, so we had to self check-in. The spots are well spaced, giving campers a nice amount of privacy. There are full, partial and primitive spots available. All are nicely wooded and have public bathrooms nearby. All-in-all, a…

Month of VisitApril
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Lake Eufaula State Park

Stayed for a couple nights beginning of June on our travels east. Good amount of space between camp sites. We were here Tuesday through Thursday and we had the place almost to our self. Water, electric and sewer were in fine shape. Bathroom was a bit dated but clean. Ate at Witt’s BBQ down the…

Michelle T.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Exceptional

Beautiful campgrounds. Excellent trails. Really nice area of Oklahoma.

• Campground
SiteBuckhorn Loop C83
B
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

None better

We stayed there a year! These people are awesome! Glen, Gina and Grant are awesome folks who work so hard to facilitate this great campground! It truly is A+++++++

Site80 & 82
Richard The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Nice friendly park

Stayed here 2 nights this May. The location is good for access to Oklahoma City attractions. It is right off the interstate so the usual highway noise but not terrible. Free coffee and muffins every morning. Bathouses were very clean and well kept. Didnt look at them but there are Buffalo there in…

T
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great Place

We stayed here for a week while we finished selling our house and started our move to Ohio. This is a great park, that is very well maintained and the staff is excellent in every way. We will stay here whenever we come back to the area to visit family.

Reid M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Excited to camp in oklahoma

I'm interested in wildlife and camping and feel like this state will be great

Sitenone
Blake L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

One our favorite places

We camp at rock creek several times a year. Great sites with parking. If you get there early there are some great sites with water access.

Mike C.
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Peaceful

Had a wonderful time although it was windy and cold enjoyed the lake

• night sky
  • our home
Aaron A.
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Great for families with young kids

We really enjoyed the Little Axe campground. Nice playground for kids and lots of places to for kids to ride bikes & scooters. Very clean campground. Nice scenery as well and a few smalls stores close by if you do forget something at home.

N
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2021

Beautiful site

I love this spot. It was my first time camping in my rv and I was super lucky to find this place.

Terri W.
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2021

Past it’s Prime

Older park adjacent to an amusement park. In serious need of updating & clean up. We stopped here for one night in route to Texas, for which it served the purpose. Staff very pleasant. Pluses include water/sewer at each site, decent tv reception. Includes wifi but so slow basically unusable.…

K
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

A Good Way to Get Lost

Just to let you know, the map on this page shows this campground to be about 30 to 50 miles west of Oklahoma City, and just off of I-40. In reality, this lake is about 150 miles east of OKC, and just south of I-40.

Your app is helping me to plan my upcoming van life.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2021

Great Place, Great People

We stayed the week of Thanksgiving to visit friends. This park is an awesome place to stop. They have a decent indoor pool, buffalo in an enclosure, and laundry facilities. They have a church service on Sundays, and they bake muffins each morning that are free for guests. My youngest did not miss a…

Month of VisitDecember