Sulphur Springs, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Sulphur Springs

Most Recent Sulphur Springs Camping Reviews
Nice people, basic facilities

I stopped here for one night with a travel trailer and was in site B-01 for $16. The sites are spacious. For example, the water hookups are half way between the sites to be shared, and my 50ft hose just barely could reach. It is pet friendly and we had fun sitting on a dock and watching the cargo boats. There is absolutely no cell phone signal and no WiFi, so have physical directions on you. The park is only a couple miles from Arkansas Post National Memorial which was very beautiful and worth a visit.

Nice views but very snake-y.

Our first time staying at this campground left us on the fence. We enjoyed the openness  and campsites are spacious. Nice bathroom facilities. Nice playground but it was taped off during our stay due to covid. We encountered lots of snakes. I shooed a few off the road and they disappeared as soon as they slithered into the grass, so to me it’s pretty risky walking around or letting kids play in the grass because you can’t really see snakes if they are hiding under the grass. They lock a gate every night at the entrance to the campground, however they do give you the code to the padlock.

Quaint

First thing don’t follow gps to get there for some reason it took us to the owners house they were working on the issue. Once we found out where it actually was it was easy to get to.

We were there for three nights because they were pretty busy and did not have availability but we loved our time there.

My favorite thing was the clubhouse that has a huge porch where you can sit in a rocker and read.

I met the most amazing people who were having a get together and they loved to play games and I had such a great time with them. They belong to smart which is a military travel group and we ended up joining the group because they were so kind to include us.

The manager does a great job of keeping the park up and keeping the restroom and laundry room spotless.

The sites are close to each other but still nice.

The Waterfall!

Pleasant hike. Pleasant environment. Pleasant waterfall. I remember this place being rather peaceful!

Literally a mobile home park

Nothing to see but the South’s finest trailerhood.

Nice Park

Its a nice park, i was here for some end of summer camping and even though everyone had the same idea as i did, it was still a nice area. It was crowded but im assuming due to it being a holiday. The hiking and views while hiking are TOP NOTCH, especially the waterfall a cool reprieve on a warm day, however the fishing from the bank is extremely lacking. I expect its due to to such shallow water near shore and im assuming would be better from the boat. All in all, would definitely stay here again just would pick diff time of year

Parking lot but close to downtown.

Talk about great location in a great town. We usually do not like camping in cities this big but wanted to come here to visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library. And what a great location this park is to downtown Little Rock and the library. There is a pedestrian bridge that takes you over the Arkansas River to downtown and all the attractions; as well as, some great restaurants and a vibrant downtown.

This campground is essentially a parking lot.  There is no shade and our air conditioners ran non-stop since we were there in July.  There is a grassy area in front along the river that is a common area for you to enjoy the night sky. The riverfront is beautiful at night with the downtown lit up at night. Sites include 50 amp electric, water and sewer. There is also a dump station and WiFi. Some of the riverfront sites have been upgrades to concrete pads and some sites are pull-thru sites. The restrooms were clean and washers and dryers are on-site. The park takes any kind of RV from pop-up to Class A but does not accept tents. The price we paid was definitely reasonable at$22/night(with tax) but they also offer numerous discounts.

Downtown Little Rock is a great town with plenty to do, see, and eat. The great things about this park are that it is convenient to the interstate and a great price. For the location, you would expect to pay a lot more. We loved walking to town at night and enjoying the restaurants and breweries that bring the downtown to life. The weekly farmers market was a highlight and the Presidential Library is not to be missed.

Fine for a one night stay

Granted we were here during Coronavirus shutdown, so it was a blessing they were open at all. No employees here, so I can’t speak to that. The grounds are clean and spaces are level and close together. There’s a little bit of road noise from the freeway but not bad. I wouldn’t stay for an extended period but for a one night stop it was fine.

Nice, quaint setting

The campground sits on Arkansas Game and Fish Cox Creek Lake. Nice, family friendly atmosphere. Great fishing lake, swimming and kayaking are popular. A well built fishing pier is ADA accessible as are the bath houses.

Clean and well kept

Nice campgrounds. Not my favorite lake to fish but great for family day camping or staying several nights.