The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Rosston , ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Rosston Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Rosston Camping Reviews
Hidden Gem

We spent a week at this location. The sites are at the back of the property near two small ponds and it was quiet. The golf course was nice, although we did not play. The sites had 50 amps and full hook ups. We arrived later afternoon and were shown to our spot. The wifi was decent in the back area where we stayed. It was mostly workers and there was barely anyone during the day. This was a very quiet and peaceful stop for the week and we would certainly stay again.

Campground is really nice and convenient to the crater. Very hot Diamond mining in the summer as there is very little to no shade in the crater. Nice swimming creek nearby.

Very clean resort

Even though this is a state park, it is a “resort” state park. Extremely built up and very clean park. One of our favorite parks in the Ouachita area and keep coming back!

Really nice small campground at OLD Cowhide Cove

This is to update my previous post. We are now in the Old Cowhide Cove Campground. We have a beautiful spot backed up to the lake with a wonderful view. There are two widely separated camping areas: New Cowhide Cove and Old Cowhide Cove. We ae in OLD Cowhide Cove so this review is specific to that area. Very adequate campsites are well spaced with picnic table, fire ring., 50 amp electric and water. There is a well situated dump station right on the way out. Even though the sites are long enough for most rigs, there is a paved parking area between most sites. Old Cowhide Cove Campground is a small area with only a few sites--a plus for me.

I highly recommend this campground. The unreasonably late check-in time is a responsibility of the COE. There was no one to check us in which was no problem for us as we had advanced reservations and an assigned site which was easy to find and presented no difficulty in backing in.

This place is huge!

On a whim, I reserved a site driving from Tennessee to Texas. Had to book through the recreation.gov app, which does not give you a good idea of what is booked or not. However, after getting here, there was NOBODY around. I would guess that this beautiful park has 60 or more sites? Maybe 10 of them had campers, so there was absolute quiet and darkness where we were. It was great! There is a discreet dump station on the loop. The lake was gorgeous, we walked in the evening to see lots of bats catching bugs. We could not have asked for a better experience. We had power and water hookups on our very level site. All the pads look well leveled. The park was well manicured and clean. VERY steep grades to get in and out of the area. Would definitely return. Wish I had taken more pictures for you all.

Good campsite but terrible check-in time

I will be visiting this campground in a few days and will post a more complete review, but I ran into a problem even before I have arrived.

My reservation confirmation indicates a check-in time of 6:00 pm (almost dark) after a check-out time of 4:00 pm.  These are most awkward times for arrival and departure. I am more accustomed to check-out around 11:00 am and check in around 1:00 pm. I don't know what I can do about this -- if anything.

Nice park, great fishing

Beautiful park with clean facilities and excellent fishing. Would recommend.

Great spot

Only stayed one night but accommodations were great. No one was using any of the tent spots. No problem setting up hammock. Great views of the lake. Bathrooms very nice and clean. Very quite and looks like they have plenty to keep you busy. Would definitely recommend this spot.

My new favorite!

We will definitely be back. The park was sparkling clean and beautiful. We lucked into a water view site with a little trail going down to the lake. The site was spacious with plenty of room to spread out. Our spot wasn’t level, but it wasn’t too hard to fix. We saw deer in our campsite both mornings—so pretty! The lake is beautiful too. Great phone service for ATT and Verizon.

Awesome Opportunity

This park has an unique opportunity while camping; hunting for diamonds. The whole family loves this park!

The kids will spend hours playing in the mud and hunting for diamonds right along with the adults:-)  There is definitely fun for all at this unusual opportunity to find real diamonds and/or gems.