Piggott, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Piggott Camping Reviews
Wandering

Lake Wappapello SP is a refreshing little get away. We took a girls weekend in the fall and enjoyed the trails and fall foliage…which was mostly already on the ground. The lake, though to cold to enjoy , was beautiful. We followed a wandering trail around the edge which was interesting to attempt to follow due to the leaves on the ground. There are two campgrounds, one is closed for the season. The other had nice size sites with facilities. I like the separate “patio” with cooking and dining area. Needless to say it was quiet, off season leaves the area empty. There are a lot of things to see in the area and Lake Wappapello is a nice base to travel from or you can stay at the lake exclusively and enjoy water sports and hiking.

Maybe next time :(

We decided to make the 2 hour drive to do a one night camp here and explore the area. We checked online and saw that several spots were open, so we went without reservation. When we finally made it to the park, we were greeted with a"closed" office. Apparently the office at the campground closes everyday from 12p-1p for lunch. We decided to drive through the park and look for a spot to settle in on. After making part of the first loop, we immediately saw why there were so many unreserved spots…A good 90% of the campground was underwater! The handful of sites that were still open for use had pools of water standing on the site. Hard pass for us. I wish this would have been listed as a warning on the TNSP website.

We drove to the visitors center to check that area out and consider the 2nd campground that is not on the water. We were greeted with another"closed" sign but no other signage about the hours or when they would reopen. We walked around outside and viewed the beautiful eagles, owls and hawks. We never found the other campground due to poor signage, so we left without actually getting to camp here. Very disappointed with everything being closed. Will have to try again in the spring.

Maybe next time :(

We decided to make the 2 hour drive to do a one night camp here and explore the area. We checked online and saw that several spots were open, so we went without reservation. When we finally made it to the park, we were greeted with a "closed" office. Apparently the office at the campground closes everyday from 12p-1p for lunch. We decided to drive through the park and look for a spot to settle in on. After making part of the first loop, we immediately saw why there were so many unreserved spots…A good 90% of the campground was underwater! The handful of sites that were still open for use had pools of water standing on the site. Hard pass for us. I wish this would have been listed as a warning on the TNSP website.

We drove to the visitors center to check that area out and consider the 2nd campground that is not on the water. We were greeted with another "closed" sign but no other signage about the hours or when they would reopen. We walked around outside and viewed the beautiful eagles, owls and hawks.

Clean, quiet and convenient

I don’t normally stay in these types of campgrounds, but this was a pleasant overnight stay and reasonably priced for full hookups at $35. Plus they have propane for sale and a little store on site. The campground is open year round and there looks to be some year round residents, but it’s a clean, well tended campground and the care the owners give it is apparent.

The camp hosts were efficient and helpful. I was led directly to the site and was literally guided in by one camp host. Another sent me a welcome message via a camping group to which I belong. Nice touches.

The campground sits on a hill so the sites are terraced and there are mature trees everywhere. The trash bins were located up the hill from my site. Not a problem for me to access, but someone with mobility issues might find the location less than ideal. Perhaps you could drive to them. I found the campground roads navigable but narrow, and they appeared to be one way, but I didn’t see markings. So it could be confusing to figure out how to drive there.

My site was gravel, fairly level and the hook ups were conveniently located and in great condition. Some of the sites are spaced apart rather tightly. They each come with a picnic bench. There are larger sites and pull thru sites available too.

The highlight for me is the convenient location of this campground as a layover on the way to another destination. That being said, Poplar Bluff looked like it would be an interesting little town to visit at some point and perhaps Camelot would serve as a good jumping off point for this and other points of interest in the area as well. I wish the checkout was at noon instead of 11 am, but that’s just my personal preference.

I would stay here again.

Simply Stunning

If you are looking for a beautiful RV or tent site on the water, look here. There is a massive lake, perfect for a quiet day on the water. We kayaked out to an island and did some fishing. We didn’t catch anything, but it was relaxing. Campground was oddly quiet, especially after dark… we were the only site with a fire going.

Hiking, biking and equestrian trails. Boat and jet ski rentals in season.

Small, but mighty

Great little park. Swimming area was a little weak, but otherwise a great spot for a weekend. Super clean shower facilities. Lake across the street for a decent kayak day. Bring bug spray I bulk, mosquitoes were super bad.

Family loved this place!

Kayaking and fishing was great! Beautiful place to stay!

Great place to swim!

Kids had a blast here! We did paddle boating and walked the trails!

Great place to swim and fish!

The family had a lot of fun! We kayaked around the lake and had a blast!

Great views of the lake!

Beautiful place to stay!