Hackett, ARKANSAS

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hackett Camping Reviews
Clean and full of lake views

Not many spaces for camping but had a beautiful view and clean bathrooms

Breathtaking

I grew up in Arkansas but had never been here until this past winter. It's an absolutely beautiful place.

I can't wait to return here for summer activities. Awesome lodge with great food, the best view I have seen in ages. The park staff was also great and very helpful. One day we were there the visibility was nil, turns out we were in low clouds, not fog. Pretty cool.

Beautiful clean campground

The campground was very beautiful, clean, and for all types of campers. It had nice bathrooms, clean and warm. The area was well taken care of. It was a little pricey, but that's what you're getting at a resort. Overall worth checking out if you're in the area.

Nice park

Beautiful park. Lots of trails in the area, lots that start from this park. Level pads, table and fire pit. Nice view! Clean showers and toilets. Really nice place, we will stay here again!!

Beautiful park with lots to do

Lake Ft. Smith State Park is a beautiful park in the Boston Mountains. We drove over from Memphis to meet my brother’s family (who lives in Tulsa). We stayed in campsite 9 which was a pull through site and had stunning views of the lake. My brother stayed in site 8. Sites 1-20 have full hook-ups with sewer. The bathhouse was clean and fully functioning.

Pros: Many activities at the Visitor Center for children. Ozark Highland Trail is directly behind the campsites on the lake side. Recreational area with a playground that is updated. Sites have gravel which limits how much dirt/mud you have to deal with.

Cons: Many of the campsites are on a grade. They all have multiple levels with stairs and have no railings. We had 5 children <6 years of age and the sites were somewhat perilous. If you are a parent with small kids, sites 17-20 and sites 2-3 are better. The other sites are excellent, but not necessarily best for small kids. Last, the playground requires that you drive to it which is inconvenient.

Overall: Great family park with updated amenities. We’d like to give it a try in the spring/summer when the pool and splash pad are open! If you’ve got small kids, Petit Jean State Park would be my suggestion in this area of Arkansas.

Great camping.

It’s really fun with a lot of hiking trails and caves not a lot of overlanding trails that I’ve found yet.

Beautiful Getaway

Camp spots are nicely spaced out. Water available. No electric. Had cell service for the most part. Bathrooms well kept. Pretty secluded area. Note: there are snakes and ticks. A lot of ticks. Take a flashlight with you in the dark and be cautious. I encountered a copperhead on my night time bathroom run. Mulberry is one of my favorite rivers I have kayaked and this campsite offers a great take out spot. Decently priced and easy to get to.

Great view!

Fun hiking, relaxing, camping with a great view!

Does not sho well in the winter

Kinda dumpy, really. Nice people, though.