Cushman , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Cushman Camping Reviews
Private and Peaceful

This primitive campground was perfect for me and my dog. We stayed three nights in October 2020. It’s right on a put-in spot on the Buffalo River so there were a couple of buses and shuttles but for the most part it was very quiet. The campsites are a good distance apart, they have plenty of room and have fire rings and picnic tables. Be aware that there is no drinking water and I didn’t get phone service (yay!). There is a vault toilet that wasn’t too bad. I loved this place, and will definitely be back.

Water Adventure

Buffalo Point State Park

Spent some excellent quality family time at Buffalo Point State Park. I think I lucked into my site, because I’ve tried to make reservations since then and it’s always full. Our site was not great, it was long and “thin”, between two roads. From the gravel pad there was a 10 foot area and then the picnic table and grill area. Very strange set up! Right across the road was the River/beach access though! LOVE the river, so clear! Awesome “beach” area with plenty of room to walk, play and set up your chair. The Showerhouse was in good shape and maintained. The tent area had some nice site above the river and was packed as well. We hiked, canoed and relaxed!

Nice little park

We stayed here over Veteran's Day weekend and had a pretty good time. We camped in site 54 which the website listed as a 45ft pad, but it was pretty difficult getting our 32ft camper in there. Only complaints would be- it was a small campsite, not alot of room around the firepit, and the only trash dumpster were at the dump station. Besides that, it was a nice park with a swimming area, playground, and walking trails.

Great place off the grid

Stayed here for 4 nights in late October. The park is great and very clean. Some of the sites can get a little crowded on the weekend. During the week was super quiet and more my speed. Deer were everywhere and the Indian Rockhouse hike was really great. I will def be back in warmer weather to float the river which it was low for the winter. Falls colors everywhere and great weather. There is a gas station not too far from the park for fire wood on your way in. The rangers were present quite a bit making sure the park was safe. Very nice spot. There is no service in the camp site at all.

Pretty State Park, Hard to Get to

This was a pretty, uncrowded state park in Arkansas. Nice small pond with a good walking trail around it.  The park was hard to get to, narrow/windy roads. I enjoyed my stay there and its great if its on your way from point A to point B.

Words Can't Describe

Absolutely breathtaking! A must see for the family!!

great

great camp sites plenty to do and see beautiful scenery and an awesome float

nice site

nice place beautiful and friendly people but too many trains lol but worth it for the memories

awesome

great time gotta go labor day weekend it is awesome

Nice Little Park

This is a pretty park with a man-made pond and surrounded by pretty natural setting. The roads into this area are narrow, winding and have no shoulder. Not the best for an old Class A, but worth the trip.

We were generally disappointed by the Rangers. The showers in two of the three site loops were closed because they did not have enough staff even though the campground was completely full. The Ranger said the Nature Center was also closed, but they plan on tearing it down anyway. The swim area and the kayak and canoe rentals were closed (again because they did not have enough staff sitting around doing nothing).

It hopefully will be a great park to visit in 2021.