The best BOAT IN camping near
Branch , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Branch Camping Reviews
Great Public Campground

Beautiful park- right on the river.  Wooded lots in most cases, large lots with great space between sites.   Drop Kayak, SUP right off the back of your site.

Some sites are a little uneven.   And some sites are tough to get a 41ft 5th wheel into.

Stayed only one night but would look be nice to stay here much longer.  Quiet, water views n most cases.

Loved this Park!

This has to be one of my favorite campgrounds. So scenic and beautiful (even in November). Lots of trails to explore, a visitor's center, during non-pandemic times they have a swimming pool, store, and restaurant by the little lake. Love all the CCC history! The cleanest shower house I've been to in quite some time. We stayed in Camp loop A, basic sites. We were right by Lee Creek, so we enjoyed "babbling brook" sounds all night! The spots are spacious and well-shaded, and offer a level gravel tent pad at each site. The ONLY suggestion I can make is to bring a small shovel to clean out the fire rings, because ours looked like it hadn't been cleaned all season. Six inches of wet ash isn't conducive for building a nice campfire.

Beautiful Site on Beautiful Creek

Long Pool campground is top notch!! Very nice large sites that have great beefy tables and large fire grates. Our campsite site was backed up to Big Piney Creek which was beautiful. Not much for local hikes with out doing research ahead of time.

Camping with history

This wasn’t the first visit to Devil’s Den but it was the first time camping there. The campsites in the basic loop are well positioned and spacious. The shower house is probably the nicest and cleanest one we’ve come across this year. If you are looking to disconnect from the modern world, then this is the place. No WiFi or cell service in the campsite but there is free WiFi up the road at the visitor center. The visitor center is staffed by very knowledgeable and friendly staff. They sell everything from snacks, patches, t shirts to firewood. The many trails are clearly marked and range in distance from a quarter mile to fifteen miles. The trails are easy to moderate, with some amazing sites along the way. The park was built in the 1930s by the CCC and many of the structures are still in use today. You can also see evidence of the lifestyle these young men had while building the park. This is one campground we will definitely be returning to in the future.

Perfect Getaway

We bought our first camper this year and have loved staying at Devil's Den. We made 4 trips there and enjoyed each one. The RV sites have full hookups and most are well shaded. There's easy access to Lee Creek and trails that lead from the campground around to the dam, pool and gift shop.

They also have a horse camp, tent camping, cabins and camper cabins. Whether you're looking to relax or explore one of the many hiking trails, there's something for everyone!

Off Roading Mecca

Byrd’s adventure Campground is a 4x4 playground with lots off off road to choose from. There is additional fee for off roading due to private property. The campground is offered lots of shade but also offered open land for RV and primitive camping. They do have a restaurant and always seems to be packed for breakfast and dinner. If you want to get down dirty and muddy then this is place to go in a rainy weekend.

Great place to stay

Stayed 2 nights in A Loop. 30 Amp hook upwithsome of the best water I have ever had. Only 35 ppm on my zero water tester. Bottled water has had more than 75 ppm. Looking forward to coming back again.

Exactly what I wanted!

My best friend and I stayed October 22-25. I was looking for a quiet, small campground with minimal amenities and cool features that was driving distance to good hikes. This was perfect. Only six spots. Fire rings and low to the ground grills. Vault toilets near the entrance. Short walk to the river as it was dry season and lots of beautiful fall leaves. Close to a more developed campground with flush toilets and showers if ya need ‘em. Some noise from the road but pretty minimal compared to other places I’ve stayed. Coyotes passed by close our first night and it was neat to lay in my tent listening to them. Slight struggle with ants but possibly just set up my tent in an unlucky spot. If you prefer your nature with as few humans in it as possible, then I highly recommend this spot.

Camping with a view

This was a highly anticipated camping trip for us and Long Pool didn’t disappoint! We didn’t make a booking ahead so we got to go and pick a spot at the moment, and we went for one a beautiful spot overlooking the river. The campground was beautiful and had fairly clean restrooms and showers. Water wasn’t potable and it was quite brown so we just use it to wash dishes etc, but nothing else. Bring plenty of groceries and other needs since all stores are 45’/60’ away!

Awesome

Love the area, really feels like youve left fort smith and entered a little bit of utopia!