The best GROUP camping near
Utting , ARIZONA

Most Recent Utting Camping Reviews
Free dispersed camping, some spots with trash, some without

There are many nice places to pull off of Eagle Eye Rd but unfortunately they were mostly taken or difficult to get to in our rig so we ended up at this particular spot for the night. There was so much garbage, diapers, appliances, etc that we expected people to drive up and dump some more trash at any minute, but the night was surprisingly extremely quiet, especially for a Friday night.

While I do not recommend this particular spot, only because of the garbage, the area between Hwy 60 and Hwy 10 off of Eagle Eye Rd is beautiful and mostly BLM and would be great to stay in for a few days.

We did not hear any coyotes this night, and very few chollas, but we had to watch for broken glass and old ammunition laying around in the piles of garbage.

Cell service is weak in this area. ATT was almost unusable, Verizon was a little better but still very weak. Eagle Eye Rd is paved and an easy drive, but the pullouts to camp will depend on your rig.

No amenities here.  Near the Harquahala Mountains Wilderness.

An old park

This is an old run down over priced park. I paid $127 for 4 nights. They still use glass fuses instead of breakers. My first night here my power went out while I was preparing breakfast, a fuse blew, I hadn’t even turned the Keurig on …nothing was on but the tv. The park does not offer WiFi or cable. There are no channels on the tv scan and no near by cell towers. Even with a booster cell reception horrible.

Flat, open, lots of people

Easy to get to, free, but bring something so you can go #2 Privately and comfortably.

Wide Open Area!

Scaddan Wash is a 14 day camping area with NO amenities. Very close to town for everything you need though. Road noise from I-8 at all times, but after a few days it becomes background noise. :) Beautiful sunsets and sunrises if you get up early!  Pretty level area too. Good cell for Verizon, ATT and TMobile although the more people the more the towers in Quartzsite become congested and in time it will slow down service.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

Great for what it is

This was an unexpected one-nighter and we lucked out with a water-front site! Don't expect a lot - it's a parking lot more or less - but it gets the job done and it's better than others out there even though its a bit pricy.

We showed up on Xmas day so the manager was nice enough to call and let us know where we could get our passes & how to get in. There are some cute little cabins and a rec hall (closed for covid) and they seem to have a little community here. There's even a tiny dog park which they created a dog bath inside - very thoughtful! There was full hookups at the site so that was a nice luxury for us.

The river is a little rundown and sad looking - but people were trying to fish anyway. And although the sites didn't have a campfire, there was a group one right on the beach with a bunch of wood. Wish we had seen that earlier! Lots of dogs but they all behaved and mine got to splash around in the water.

Very clean restrooms although they are asking that people don't use them right now (covid) which could be why they were so clean.

Close to town

Dome Rock Rd. is close to Quartzsite and the Tyson Wells shopping tents that set up in January. If you're looking for quartz, this is the place to go. Gets crowded in peak season, so finding a more secluded spot may pose a challenge. Lots of fire pits. Be careful of large rocks

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

beach life on the lake

sandy beaches and plenty of places to RV, camp, or even rent a cabin. So many neat things for children too so make sure you ask when you pull in for coloring books and a junior ranger packet… keep them kiddos busy. summertime this place is popping, not too busy in the off-seasons but a really nice sandy beach, fun in the sun type of place. very well maintained and affordable.

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

This place is bad to the bone

so this place is huggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…. but it's super dope!!!!! Bad to freakin bone, talk about lakefront…. so you can have travel trailers, tents, RVs anything and they accommodate you. Bonfires lakefront heck yes they got that, hookups for sure, no hookup but trailer? yes they got that too… loved this place for so many reasons, it was clean and packed but the environment is so fun and chill. if you have a tent they have a wall surrounding the tent areas and you put your tent on soft sand, they do have some covered areas near the lake for day use but trust me they will be taken quickly.

Love this place!!!!!!  Family-friendly and dog friendly