Prescott National Forest, ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Prescott National Forest
Most Recent Prescott National Forest Camping Reviews
Scenic and friendly

I just spent two nights here with my family and I left telling my wife that we’ll return again. When we checked in the staff helped us pick the site we wanted by touring us around in a golf cart. We got space 1A which is somewhat close to the bathrooms, the pond, and a nice chair swing. At night the sound of the creek provided nice white noise to fall asleep with.

Our site had a 30 amp hookup, water, and sewer.

This is a great campground for families as there’s lot to do on site. From the pool, the playground, the creek, and the nightly skunk viewing, this place keeps young ones entertained.

If there was one down side I’d have to point out it’s that there is absolutely zero cell service on site and I had trouble even getting radio stations in my camper. That said, that isn’t a bad thing when you’re trying to get away and camp. There is wifi near the office if you really needed it.

Very Quiet

Very nice RV park almost to quiet. All the amenities you would need and fairly close to everything.

Private and clean

Beautiful pine area with a quick hike to the Lynx Lake. Concrete tables and fire pits with grills. We stayed in #14 and it was several steps to the actual camp site. Not recommended for car campers, but away from the road and private.

Camping in the town

This campground is very close to the town of Prescott and was quite busy! It didn’t quite give us the feel of being in nature with so many people and cars on the near by freeway. We did have a campground that backed to an open area which was excellent but still not as relaxing as other campgrounds I’ve been too. Site 15 is extremely uneven, see picture, it was our first time needing to level to this degree. Picnic table and fire pits were in good shape. Overall not too bad but won’t be returning.

One of our favorites in AZ!

Where to begin? Bring your bicycles, kids, horses, and a great attitude and you and have nothing but fun here very clean very well maintained nice helpful people.. it's close to anything you want to go to Jerome the ruins the casino Sedona it has all the amenities that you would want to take care of you your family or any gifts that you have with you..

Really nice facility. Great bathrooms and showers. There's an area to take the little ones down to river where they play in the water safely,. Dogs are welcome and the playground has a really fun mini zip line. The place is well-maintained, especially the restrooms. Camp hosts were welcoming and knowledgeable about hiking. Fun place to hike.

Great family campground in beautiful surroundings

Stayed here with my 2 year old granddaughter. Plenty of other kids to play with. A combination of tents and RV's.

Beautiful area, playground and swimming pool, right on the creek which is accessible for swimming.

Restrooms were very clean. Did see some small trash on the campground and would have expected that to be cleaned up. The pool area needs repairs and updating, but nothing that would stop me from swimming.

Lots of dogs and did see dog waste that the owners didn't pick up :(

Overall a great stay for families. Would not recommend during the summer or weekends if you don't want to be around kids.

Very clean and quiet

Great campground for a quick get away! Always clean and quiet. The hiking trails are nice too!

Great place

They have stables available to stay and nightly, weekly, monthly and longer term rates. Lots of amenities. The park is down a hill so you don’t hear the road traffic from the 60.

Good place in the mountains

Very large site, a bit off the highway and not well marked but once there it’s pretty great. Fire rings and picnic tables as well as plenty of shady trees make this campground nice and easy.

Beautiful campground

We always Love coming here at least once or twice a year. There are bathrooms and water Spicket‘s throughout the entire campground. Most spots are reservable online 6 months ahead of time. There are many different hiking/biking trails throughout the campground. We stayed in spot 9. The table is on the opposite side if you Back with a trailer. It is nice that this loop as a round about at the end so no through traffic can come through to just drive by. Makes it nice with kids that like to ride bikes.

Product Review: Primus Campfire Pint and Four Seasons Mug. As a Dyrt Ranger I get to try out awesome new gear from outdoor companies. We were very pleased with both cups.  The Pint is a perfect size for all beverages and does let off any condensation.  We dropped the cups a few times and there wasn't any scratches or dents in them.

The Mug look extremely small when first getting it.  But after putting coffee in it and drinking it, it seemed to be just fine.  Kept our coffee at a great temperature also considering the 37 degree mornings.  I would highly advise Primus for all gear needed.

A new gem

For being so close to cottonwood you would never know it. Nice ripairen area along the Verde.

Outdoor living with all the amenities

Stayed here for two weeks. This campground is nestled behind some hills right next to the Verde River. It’s a beautiful setting with a huge variety of sites. There’s a mix of full timers and daily/weekly visitors. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. I can’t say we met a bad neighbor either, and most were super nice people.

We stayed near the pool lodge. The pool and hot tub were very clean. There is a horseshoe pit, tennis courts, and basketball courts that didn’t seem to get much use. Still, nice to have for people staying longer term.

The only irritation I had was the speed limits. I understand the reasoning, but getting in and out of the park was a pain just because it took so long to drive 5-10 mph for 1-2 mile stretches. Most of that drive is through uninhabited areas, but I think Thousand Trails is just covering their rears for liability sake.

Oh, and internet is almost non-existent. I had a T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon phone, and all were pretty much worthless most of the time. We paid $15 for a week of WiFi, but ended up asking for a refund as it was even more unusable than our phones. Still, you can only ask so much from a campsite when it gets far enough off the grid.

So, overall a great experience, and would definitely love to stay there again in the future.

Any body

I’ love camp grands

Nice place

Nice place to camp. All the roads are paved and full hookups. Many burros in the area.

View at dispersed 7

Nice, had to pick up others trash but the view.

Nice campground in Pines

We love coming to this campground. It’s only 3 miles from Prescott and well maintained. There are some sites that don’t have any shade and some that are very unlevel. (15 is very uneven) We stayed in 29 and was easy to back into and get everything leveled pretty easily. There are bathrooms and water available throughout the campground. Goldwater lake is your closet water for fishing.

Interesting

For free camping there aren’t very high expectations but this would be really difficult to get back too if you are in a big rig or don’t have a lot of clearance. The road isn’t well maintained. There was garbage and stuff left everywhere. There was a fire ring and Prescott was really close.

Desert Tortoise

Great spot if the lake is on the fuller side because you have access to the water right down the hill. We beach our pontoon every year. There are bathroom with running water and water available. No hookups on this loop. Well maintained.

Great spot

Perfect get a way up in the pines. Roadside parking for most spots make easy drive through access for RV's and TT.

All around amazing

We came here looking for a swimming hole while working a job in Sedona over the summer. This is really everything that is great about Sedona. A short hike to oak creek revealed several swimming holes. There were also awesome cliff jumping spots. The best part about this, way less busy than slide rock.

Weather was perfect to catch amazing shots of the red rock. I highly recommend this spot!

I loved it up here. Except

I loved it up here during the monsoons and the week days. The weekends are rough with the ATV traffic hence alcohol in the evenings caused the drinks to walk up and down the main road fighting. My dogs barked and warned so camp was safe. Otherwise this is the place.

A must

Absolutely stunning views. incredible calm lake to kayak on at sunset. Hiking through the rocks is easy to get lost, but going to the bottom of the dam for some rock climbing was definitely worth it

Midweek Getaway

My wife and I took a two day trip upto Lake Pleasant with our Coleman Camper and Bayliner Boat. It's just a 50 min drive from Buckeye, so it's very close and convenient for us to getaway and still have city amenities near by 15 min drive. The campgrounds are very well taken care of and the restrooms are clean. Unfortunately there was a Fire Ban when we stayed, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the nightlife of the stars and mingling with fellow campers. During the day the lake was so relaxing and refreshing during the heat of the desert. Took the boat as far north to explore the lake and the secluded coves this lake offers. The website makes it easy to pick your site based on availability, however during the week you probably can just pull in and grab a site.

Beautiful little campground right on the creek

Right on oak creek with good entry to the creek, shaded, and good location from Sedona. A little close to the road, but the sound of the creek helps with that. Host was very friendly also. There was also yummy blackberries all around;)

Great camping minutes from town

Had a great stay here with easy access for backing in my pop up camper. Paved spot for parking nice bathrooms and clean fire pits with decent space between sites. This place is a must is visiting Prescott. Host wasn’t the friendliest but still ok and a wild pack of javelinas came through the campsite ant night. Still had a great time and would recommend 👍

#mingusisamust

In one word views, views for miles some of the best I’ve seen in Arizona. The campground itself is nice so spots not as amazing as others and be prepared to always watch your step because some spots literally are on the side of a cliff. Still plenty of room to set up camp and not worry but 100ft from the cliff side is pretty amazing. Clean restrooms hosts seem to keep campsites and fire pits clean and leave you to yourselves. Close by is a hang glide launch pad and amazing views. Only negative is the road up is unpaved and rough 5-10mph for about 7-10 miles but definitely worth the trip. Electric was struck by lightning a few years back so no hookup but water and toilet and only $10 a night. Stop reading and go👍

Beautiful but Busy

July 12-14, 2019. Campsite 61. Spacious, flat and big groovy trees all around. We shared the campsite next to us (#59) with family so maybe it seemed even more comfortable. It was just a short skip down to Oak Creek. The campground itself seemed spacious as well (I can’t speak for the Cabin and RV areas). There were plenty of sites on the creek, and others just off it. The grounds are beautiful and can be quite relaxing but there was a lot of traffic as 90 plus other groups came in on the same day!!! It was to expected as Lo Lo Mai is beautiful and therefore popular and it was prime summertime weekend. Overall, I thought the place was big enough to accommodate everybody, and everyone was respectful and happy. It was probably the most I’ve ever spent on a campsite, but I’ve also never camped at a site with a pool, hot tub, basketball court, horseshoe pit and other amenities.

Babbling brook

The best part is the closeness to oak creek. Listening to the babbling brook at night is priceless. However, the sites are close to each other and you will be right off Hwy 89A so expect traffic noise until late evening. This campground’s reservations fill up in March/April for the coming summer so book early. I recommend spots 9-12.

Amazingly beautiful

Such a peaceful and beautiful camping environment. The grounds are exceptionally clean. The bathrooms as well. Very well maintained by camping host on site. We had a wonderful time, at this dog friendly campground. Good space between campsites. We can’t wait to go back!

Beauty beyond measures

Such an incredible place to visit. Very serine & tranquil with beauty beyond what the eyes can see. The rock formations are amazing, they truly take your breathe away. Not only is the town of Prescott a must see but there’s so much surrounding it as well