Standard (Tent/RV)
About Edge of the World (East Pocket)
No ADA Access
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Contact
Edge of the World (East Pocket) is located in Arizona
18 Reviews of Edge of the World (East Pocket)
It’s closed

We tried to go today and the road is closed because it’s very cold and there’s a LOT of snow. Will be back when it opens back up!

Breathtaking

Absolutely absurd views and stars. Cannot recommend enough. Bit of a drive but stick on it and see the view. Worth every second.

Beautiful and Secluded

Absolutely loves every minute of this camping spot. Took my 4x4 about an hour of dirt roads to get from the 17 to the camp spot, but was not difficult to drive!

Wow

Incredible spot. We had just come from spending two nights in Sedona on FR 525. This spot beat that by miles. Road is pretty rough, though. Bout an hour of dirt roads. Any SUV should do just fine. It’s worth it

Worth the drive!

I camped here the other weekend and had the place to myself! Based on other reviews I thought it was going to busy, but I guess not so during the late fall/early winter camping season. There are a number of sites, so it would be possible to spread out during low season if others are there. It is quite a drive (1-1.5 hours one way depending on which Forest roads you take), but it’s fun and the views are worth it. If you’re going to drive all the way there, you might as well stay! I do believe low clearance vehicles could make it, but there are some areas where you would have to go slow and be smart. When you get to the East Pocket area you’ll see that the road splits, and then splits again. These three roads all connect along the edge with campsites along the way, but I would recommend for low clearance vehicles to keep on the furthermost right road - just keep bearing right. There are spots on the other roads where I don’t believe a low clearance vehicle could pass. I was surprised to have service at the top, but you’ll lose service for most of the drive, so make sure to download maps and directions before going up. I will also echo other reviewers that there is some trash and tp around - please recreate responsibly and pack it in/pack it out!

Beautiful but busy

Tons of campsites along the cliff with beautiful views.

However, this place is incredibly busy and you end up with campsites every 20 yards so it’s not secluded at all. Unfortunately the campsite next to mine had a bunch of people partying and they left their dog out at night, which attacked a skunk. Could smell it at my site.

The next night a bunch of kids ran through my campsite to get a better vantage point for pictures

Overall, I recommend it for the views. It just won’t be that relaxing time in the woods

The Views!!

Long road. Rough in spots. Long way to drag a small camper but we got it done. And the views make it all worth it!

So happy to disconnect

So happy we stumbled across this site. The road in is bumpy and rocky, but not impossible (a Ford Mustang in the site next to us clearly made it). We got there early Saturday morning, and most of the spots were filled but we found one after taking a right. there was a slight incline but a fire pit was already established and our view wasn’t completely blocked (although other spots definitely had better views). Unfortunately, people had left a lot of trash so we picked up before set up, and a group a couple spots over from us were blasting music. However, we were able to relax in our hammocks, walk around to the edge of the cliffs, get some photos and just relax and disconnect for 2 days. The sunrise was gorgeous. Just wish people would clean up after themselves.

Holy wow!

By far, one of the best views from a camp site I’ve ever experienced! 4x4 a must! I got stuck in my Jeep Compass. We went on a Sat night so there were plenty of people there available to help. That being said, get there early or go on a weekday. There are plenty of camping areas with plenty of space between groupings. I thought I saw they were not currently allowing fires so we didn’t, but our neighbors did. It was my cousin’s first time camping so we set the bar high! FYI the road is long and bumpy, be prepared.

Amazing

One of the best camp spots. The directions on here will take you to the right side but if you have a lower car I would suggest staying to the left of the last fork in the road. It’s definitely doable in a regular car but it was much nicer to have a 4x4.

Year 2021 Flag