Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 83 ft.
Homolovi is located in Arizona
18 Reviews of Homolovi
Great spot on a road trip

Stayed here last minute- got some beautiful photos- would stay here again and check out the state park.

Beautiful and convenient

Stayed here for a night in July 2020 on my way to the Grand Canyon from El Paso, TX. It was very quiet and well kept. The road was freshly paved and even though there’s no trees around, each campsite seemed pretty private.

We stayed in site 40. We had 2 tents but the pad was only big enough for one so we put the bigger one on the paved road over a tarp and it was still comfortable. A hammer was provided to stake down tents.

There was only only building for all the bathrooms and showers but they were nice and clean. Bathrooms had stalls but the 4 showers each had their own rooms for maximum privacy.

Some sites had power and some didn’t. Our site (40) didn’t. I enjoyed walking a few hundred yards down the nature trail by the campsite and watching the sunset. It was beautiful! Cell service was fine (Verizon). I’ll definitely stay here again when I’m passing through.

Convenient location

Homolovi is right off the interstate on the way from Albuquerque to Flagstaff. We decided to stop here and check out the Route 66 town of Winslow, AZ. It was a neat little town with a lot of history! We went to Standin on the Corner Park and La Posada Hotel. The park itself has ruins you can explore, but we weren’t necessarily blown away by them. However, the bathroom and shower facilities were nice and even though it’s not a super scenic location, we still had some nice sunsets! All in all, this is a convenient stop if you are traveling this way!

Great Place to Exlore

This is a great little campground 2 miles outside of Winslow Arizona. It’s in the middle of a state park that has two areas of ruins. One area is located about a mile from the campground. The campground has all the amenities. There’s good distance between each of the RV sites but there’s no shade since this is grassland. This is a wonderful place to explore.

Cell Coverage: Outstanding

WOW, WOW, WOW

Just stunning!! Beautiful trails and gorgeous overall. A lot of interesting information at the ruin sites. We stayed at the campground and enjoyed watching the sunset.

Great place to camp overnight.$18 for tents, running water, smallish trees, restrooms with flush toilets, extra fees for electrical hookups. The fees keep the hobos away.  I-40 and the train tracks are close enough to hear in the tent, but not loud enough to keep you awake.

The bathrooms are wiped down everyday as well as the showers which are in decent condition. The water is hot and water pressure is great.

Be careful driving in, they've filled in the cracks in the roads about a mile in, but after that there are decent sized cracks going the whole length of the road left to right. Smaller vehicles didn't seem to have a problem. But we had to drive very slowly in our RV.

Great spot for a break from Interstate 40

Very nice RV park within 2 miles of I-40 near Winslow, Az. Park has about 35, nicely spaced RV pads on asphalt. Very nice restrooms with excellent showers. Many pads with electricity and water. No sewer but they have a free dump site at the entrance. Each site has planted trees and fire pits. Exploring ancient Indian ruins is a great addition to your stay.

Great camp in the Ruins

Not much out there in Winslow AZ, but the ruins are a must if you're in the area. If you want to camp for the night, I recommend staying in the campground. Even though you can see the hwy, it's far enough that you don't hear the noise and you get a great view of the Flagstaff snow peaks. For $25 we had water, electric, picnic table and firepit (they don't sell firewood) Although we had a firepit, we didn't use it because Winslow should be called Wind-not so-slow! Crazy how that wind whips across the desert. The camp host was very nice and helpful. There is a path you can walk over to the visitor center (it's a little over a mile hike). Bathrooms were very clean, didn't use the showers, so I don't know. Satellite dish, had no problem with reception, wide open spaces. Verizon phone worked great

Clean campsite near wonderfully preserved ruins

The campsite itself is simple, clean and quiet.   Due its location, its easily accessible and the sunsets and sunrises are wonderful.  If astronomy is your thing, the view of the night sky is spectacular.  The staff are friendly and knowledgeable.  As I stated earlier, this campsite is simple, no frills, but as a tent camper with a dog, this location was great.

A hot desert gem

Stopped here on my grand Route 66 adventure this summer. I really liked this park for several reasons. 1. It’s convenient to Route 66 (and Hwy 40); 2. It’s close to Petrified Forest National Park, which is pretty cool to explore on its own; 3. Free showers!!; 4. The campground is set back from the main park so you have a bit of privacy from day trippers; 5. Tent sites were level and well maintained (mine was raked!!); 6. All sites seemed to have hook-ups whether you needed them or not (maybe there were tent only sites, but it was all one price so no big deal); 7. The park has some great trails for hiking; 8. There is ancient pottery shards everywhere (don’t take it! Leave it for everyone to enjoy); 9. Free showers!!; 10. Not too far from Winslow, AZ, where you CAN stand on the corner.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, though I got in at sunset and left shortly after the main park opened at 8am. This might be my only negative about the park. The main park and the best attractions don’t open until 8am (a ranger actually comes and opens the gates), which is much later than I tend to get moving (up with the sun and all). And with the heat of the day starting at 9:30, it’s hard to get to the sites and get in a good hike before it’s too hot.

Ancient Hopi Ruins

High desert, lots of sky and land, shards of ancient Hopi pottery everywhere, 52 sites some pull through, back in and tent sites, 30/50 amp available,dump station and potable water station, free showers and restrooms. On site Camphost, Homolovi I a d Homolovi ll nearby, rangers available from 8-5 - 7 days a week. Stargazing night at the ranger station with telescpe, 1880s Mormon cemetery within view of San Francisco Peaks and little Colorado River. A gem in the desert.