$10 - $20 / night

Gilbert Ray Campground

Old Tucson, Arizona
57 Reviews
Review Campground Win Gear

Do you own or manage this property?

Claim Your Listing

About This Campground

County

Next time you need a break in your busy life consider cool weather camping at Tucson Mountain Park's beautiful Gilbert Ray Campground, located on the west side of the Tucson Mountains, a convenient 13 miles from Tucson. RV campers should access the park by way of Ajo Highway to Kinney Road and…

Add Campground Info

Gilbert Ray Campground is located in Arizona

Detail location of campground

Directions

Directions from Tucson: Speedway Boulevard west of I-10. At Camino de Oeste, Speedway Boulevard turns into Gates Pass Road. Follow Gates Pass Road across Gates Pass (NOT recommended for trailers or RVs over 24 feet) to the "T" intersection with Kinney Road. Turn right on Kinney Road. Travel approximately 0.6 miles and then turn left on McCain Loop. The campground entrance is on the left. Directions from I-10 east of Tucson: I-10 west to I-19 south. Exit at Ajo Way (exit 99), turn right. Go west to Kinney Road approximately 5 miles, turn right. Follow Kinney Road to McCain Loop, turn left. The campground entrance is on the left. Directions from I-19 south of Tucson: I-19 north. Exit at Ajo Way (exit 99), turn left. Go west to Kinney Road approximately 5 miles, turn right. Follow Kinney Road to McCain Loop, turn left. The campground entrance is on the left. Directions from I-10 west of Tucson: I-10 west. Exit on Avra Valley Road (exit 242), turn right. Take Avra Valley Road west to Sandario Road, turn left. Take Sandario Road south to Mile Wide Road, turn left. Mile Wide Road merges with Kinney Road after two miles. Pass the first McCain Loop turnoff. Turn right at the second McCain Loop turnoff. The campground entrance is on the left.

Address

8455 W McCain Loop
Tucson, AZ 85735

Coordinates

32.22076196 N
111.144395 W

Open in Google Maps

The Dyrt Alerts

Get reservations at sold-out campgrounds.

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.

Stay Connected

• WiFi
    Good
  • Verizon
    Good
  • AT&T
    Good
  • T-Mobile
    Good

Site Types

• Tent Sites
  • RV Sites
  • Standard (Tent/RV)
  • Group

For Campers

57 Reviews

dThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

Beautiful spot..horrible reservations system

First come first serve rules..didnt apply to everyone equally..I was 3rd in line..but another person in lot was there b4 everyone..they took first 2 in line..then let him go in front of me?? Making me wait almost 2 hours for someone to leave..just be fair people.

Siteh7
Month of VisitMarch
dThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2023

Breathing views

We were only able to reserve 1 night here but our spot was perfect!

Sitea68
Month of VisitFebruary
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2023

Gilbert Ray of Sunshine

Beautiful campground,  the desert plant life comes right up to your campground in such a natural way, it is beautiful! We love it and recommend it! It was nice having electricity at a somewhat remote site. The hosts and park employees were very friendly and cheerful and helpful! Paved roads around…

• Warmed up for our visit !
  • love the variety of the Sonora Desert