Tucson, ARIZONA

Most Recent Tucson Camping Reviews
Beautiful Park and the Caverns are awesome

Beautiful scenery and a lot of awesome places to hike. Rangers and park staff are so friendly and helpful. Our Park host was super nice, but definitely keep things in order. Dogs are welcome you just have to keep them on a leash and pick up after them. The Caverns are the main attraction, please make your reservations early.  At different times of the year different parts are open, mostly depends on the bat migrations.  Caverns are a must-see!  It is close to Tombstone and other attractions.

Nice dispersed camping on Mt Lemmon

Just across Catalina highway from pay sites like Whitetail or Spencer Canyon, Bear Wallow offers dispersed camping for free. Pick from views to the south of Tucson, to the north and east, or camp along the creek. It’s accessible by Bear Wallow Rd or Mt Bigelow Rd from March 1 to Dec 1. Show up early as it can get crowded

Peace and quiet

First I have to mention the bathrooms, the showers are incredible. There are tent pads or set up your camper or RV. Electric and water at every site.  The view is incredible no matter where you are camped.  Hiking trails and picnic sites all over. Enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.

Basic and messy

I have stayed there multiple times, and every time that i have people bring their dogs to run in the woods. No leashes and no poop bags. i have had to clean up stranger's dog poop in front of my tent.

Amazing State Park and wonderful Endowment to Preserving Nature's Splendor

Tent camping, Cabins, RV Camping, ton's of hiking from various levels of difficulty. Kartchner Cavern's is the main attraction here. Call ahead for availability and tickets. But don't miss all the other amazing hiking trails and nature center. Also check out the other astronomy programs they have from time to time. Tuscon is a "Dark Skies" community that offers amazing views of the night sky.

Beautiful desert sunsets!

This is a beautiful place to camp most of the year. The Summer sun ☀️ can be brutal of course. I love to stop here on my way to New Mexico. There is something about being in the middle of the desert with the backdrop of the mountains and cactus 🌵 that just helps you breath a little better. Watching the sunset each night is breathtaking. This campground is just off the road but far enough back that you don’t hear all the road noise. Each spot has a picnic table with awning so you have some protection from the sun. Each spot has a fire pit and smaller rocks that make a nice “bed” for your tent ⛺️. The spots are pretty far apart so you don’t feel like you’re right next to your neighbor.

The campground has a total of 85 electric sites for both tent and RV camping. Sites are suitable for RVs and/or tents. You can have up to 4 cars on each site. There are 4 sites that are handicapped-accessible. Unfortunately there aren’t any water or sewer hookups available. There is a dump station available. Access to all sites is paved. Sites are fairly level and are located in a natural Sonoran Desert setting.

$30 per night / per vehicle (October – May) $25 per night / per vehicle (June – September) Additional vehicle $15 per night / per vehicle Group Camp Areas: $15 per night / per vehicle + Group Reservation FeeBoth back-ins and pull-throughs are available. No maximum size limit (except no tractor-trailers allowed).

Not for everyone but we Loved it!

I want to give this place 5 stars but not having a natural water source and locking the gates at night don’t get ya 5 stars 🤓 …I understand their reasoning behind locking the gates however; bad humans out there that come in late at night and trash the place and don’t pay the measly $7 a night to camp - so locking the gates prevents that. Anyway, the picnic tables were nice and the entire canyon was just beautiful. It’s also a simple drive to Saguaro National Park (East) as well. We saw a deer in the morning too which was cool being that it seemed so out of place in the “desert” ha ha…we will definitely go back. Good times.

International Dark Sky Park

We pulled in after dark and were gone by morning! We wanted somewhere to see the stars! It looked like a super clean park with paved roads, plenty of RV hookups and bath/shower house. We did tent camp. I wish we could have stayed longer to see the caverns, but this was just a pit stop on our road trip!

Las Amigas BLM campground outside of Sonoita.

Really nice area flat. BLM Numbered campsites, but you can also go to the end of that campground and there's a fence you can go through and there's camping out that way also. Watch out for potholes. Two weeks camping permitted. No services good Verizon

New flat campground

I was on my way to Snyder Hill and I was worried it was going to be all muddy and rutted out still and I saw all these RVs on the backside of it on a flat area. I pulled in and there's a camping sign there, so it looks like we have a new one here. The casino down the road does not allow overnights it looks like unless you're in the their new paid campground.