the dyrt
KoA
Flagstaff KOA is located in Arizona
21 Reviews of Flagstaff KOA
A fun place to be.

We were here for three months as I was on assignment at the hospital. We had a lot of fun. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the facilities were well kept and clean, and the park brought people in to keep us entertained. The spaces were a little tight for larger rigs, we were in a 36 foot pulled by an F350 quad cab long bed and had room.

Ranger Review: Escape Campervans at Flagstaff KOA

Campground Review

The Flagstaff KOA is a great place to stay! And a great jumping-off-point to fabulous destinations. We were visiting the Grand Canyon from Phoenix, so we were able to make it to the campground in about 2 hours (leaving after work) and then drive to and from the Grand Canyon the next day, since it is only an hour drive from there.

The sites are pretty close together, but that didn’t really matter staying in our campervan. We had all the space we needed. I especially loved the very clean bathrooms! Flushing toilets and free showers (with attached changing stalls) made for a very comfortable trip.

Our kid’s favorite was the Jumping Pillow. It is this huge inflatable thing that the kids can jump all over and they wanted to do that constantly. Super fun and easy entertainment.

There was also a large playground and little go-kart style bicycles the kids could rent.

Our stay was really great and I highly recommend the Flagstaff KOA!

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products from time to time. Escape Campervans allowed me and my family to take our their Maverick van for the weekend. Let me give you all the details:

First of all, we LOVED traveling in this campervan!! Driving in and of itself was wonderful. The back bench is very spacious, so our three kids in car seats/boosters had plenty of space. I loved the huge passenger seat and could really spread out while we drove. The van was easy to handle and easy to maneuver. Even on little dirt roads and tight turns we had plenty of space (very unlike an RV).

Once we got to our campsite, it was dark out and 9 o’clock at night. All the kids had fallen asleep on the drive. Normally this would be a huge pain, having to pitch our tents and unpack the cots and sleeping bags, and pack n’ play etc. But we just pulled into our spot (these vans can park in tent sites too!) and my husband got out and popped the rooftop sleeper (takes 30 sec. to do), we shuffled the kids up top while I unfolded the inside bed. Took us just a few minutes to get both beds up and ready to go. The kids were nestled into their beds in no time.

My 4 year old daughter and I slept in the inside bed together, with my 1 year old son in a little pop-up baby tent at the foot of the bed. My husband and 5 year old son slept in the rooftop sleeper. Everyone was warm despite the 35 degree nighttime temperature, and everyone slept through the night (a FIRST for this family while camping!!).

The back doors open to reveal a complete camp kitchen, with pump sink, propane stove, all the utensils, prep surface, solar powered fridge and plates/cups. We cooked up some homemade fajitas with steak strips and peppers on the stovetop and it worked fabulously. We literally just pulled off to the side of the road in Grand Canyon National Park and made this delicious lunch. The kids ran and played in the trees while I cooked. It was a special moment.

I really can’t say enough good about the experience. We can’t wait to rent one again. It made this trip so easy. Some things you don’t even think about, like how we all needed to change clothes at the Grand Canyon. We just shut the curtains and were able to do that in a busy parking lot. In our minivan -- that would not have happened.

Tons of storage space, smooth ride, comfortable sleeping, large back bench. Great. Trip.

Product Video

Overview video:

Van tour:

Friendly staff, close to mountains and downtown

We stayed in our 27 foot trailer in July 2018 for a few days. Spot was nice enough, easy to get in and out of for beginners. Neighbors were all great. Close to the outdoors of the mountains, and to downtown Flagstaff (which is a lot of fun if you have been, lots of breweries, restaurants, and bars). Didn't use a lot of facilities other than getting a breakfast burrito from the kitchen which was yummy!

Busy family camground

Campground is very busy and good for families for one or two nights. Would not stay here for an extended period of time. Spots are very close to each other and no privacy. Kids do find a lot of other children to play with.

Staff is not very friendly and won't go out of their way to make things more comfortable. I arrived in a small pop-up trailer and was given a very small site which looked like all the rain water from the previous storm had carved several new canyons into the ground. Site was very unlevel, which I would not be able to correct with leveling blocks. I went beck to the front office and was advised to go walk around and write done the spots that were empty so they could give me a new spot. Really! They didn.t know which other spots were available?

Excellent KOA experience worth the $$

This KOA is tucked just off the main road into Flagstaff and is a quiet and beautifully maintained campground. there are lots of curious squirrels and birds to watch (but don’t feed them your junk food). You’re camping among the pines, here. It adds to the fresh air and high altitude healthy vibe of the area. just a few minutes drive to downtown for a local brew or meal.

Definitely recommend getting over to nearby Buffalo Park if you’re looking for an easy trail run at about 7800ft elevation with amazing views of Mt. Elden.

Beautiful locale

Accessible, convenient, and in one of my favorite areas of the country.

Works for what is needed

Beautiful area but packed in together pretty tight

Quiet & Clean

we rented a cabin it was very nice quiet and clean! Bathhouse was clean and the laundry was too! next time we get out there we are going to rent a teepee! they look really cool!

Tucked in the Trees

This is a large camp with a lot to offer. Just a short drive outside of flagstaff and you’re in a beautiful camp tucked in the tall spruce trees. We stopped here on our way to the Grand Canyon to enjoy the scenery and rest. The camp hosts were also very helpful and accommodating.

Convenient for Visiting Flagstaff

This is a decent campground close to cool hiking trails and the "big city." Flush toilets and showers are a bonus! We were only there one night, so I'm guessing that's why we got the site we did. Right in the heart of it all, but easy access in and out. No big deal. You can't pick your own site at KOAs, and we could have gotten worse.