About Lake Pleasant
No WiFi
Lake Pleasant is located in Arizona
29 Reviews of Lake Pleasant
Desert Tortoise

Great spot if the lake is on the fuller side because you have access to the water right down the hill. We beach our pontoon every year. There are bathroom with running water and water available. No hookups on this loop. Well maintained.

Midweek Getaway

My wife and I took a two day trip upto Lake Pleasant with our Coleman Camper and Bayliner Boat. It's just a 50 min drive from Buckeye, so it's very close and convenient for us to getaway and still have city amenities near by 15 min drive. The campgrounds are very well taken care of and the restrooms are clean. Unfortunately there was a Fire Ban when we stayed, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the nightlife of the stars and mingling with fellow campers. During the day the lake was so relaxing and refreshing during the heat of the desert. Took the boat as far north to explore the lake and the secluded coves this lake offers. The website makes it easy to pick your site based on availability, however during the week you probably can just pull in and grab a site.

Easy access camping

I love coming out to Lake Pleasant for camping. There’s lots of easy access camping and friendly people. Sometimes a little loud.

Best Place year around

Have lots of fun and respect the land and lake

Camping Convenience

Weekend adventures at the lake are always fun especially at Lake Pleasant. When camping here, be prepared for plenty of company as camping fills up quick. If you are ok with the sound of generators then you love the amazing views, easy access to the water and convenience of not leaving town!

Beautiful lake views

We were supposed to be in site 173 at the Desert Tortoise campground in Lake Pleasant Regional Park. However, I’m not sure how ANY RV could possibly get in that site! The incline is ridiculous and our 15,000 pound fifth wheel would certainly roll into the lake! We ended up changing to a shoreline campsite. Of course, they made us pay a change fee. You can park pretty much anywhere along the shore. Most of the spaces were filled even though it was only 1 pm (check in time). We found a nice spot on the hill with a beautiful view of the lake. I think we got lucky because they are still letting people in for shoreline camping seven hours later and it’s full!

Desert Oasis

You can camp right on the shore at this lake or choose a designated camp site but know you won’t have any privacy. This is generally a very popular place so avoid in peak season if you’re looking for solitude. Boat rentals are available and you’ll have several docking options. Take one of the hiking trails offering gorgeous views of desert landscape and blue lake water. You’ll also usually spot a few wild burros (donkeys). Great recreation lake.

Beautiful Views

Great little place to camp near Phoenix. The lake is beautiful and I recommend taking the Roadrunner hike -- even easy for kids!

Great place to RV camp.

Wish they had sewer hookup. (There is a dump station)

Great views and activities

This place fills up pretty quickly especially on the weekends. I enjoy the water activities, boating, fishing, and kayaking. Sites are reasonable with dynamite views. There are fire pits and you can buy firewood on site if needed. It’s well maintained. During the day, lots of people enjoy day passes for the beach area. Very quiet and relaxing at night. I try and go a few times a year to this camp area.