About Lake Pleasant
County
Lake Pleasant is located in Arizona
25 Reviews of Lake Pleasant
Camping Convenience

Weekend adventures at the lake are always fun especially at Lake Pleasant. When camping here, be prepared for plenty of company as camping fills up quick. If you are ok with the sound of generators then you love the amazing views, easy access to the water and convenience of not leaving town!

Beautiful lake views

We were supposed to be in site 173 at the Desert Tortoise campground in Lake Pleasant Regional Park. However, I’m not sure how ANY RV could possibly get in that site! The incline is ridiculous and our 15,000 pound fifth wheel would certainly roll into the lake! We ended up changing to a shoreline campsite. Of course, they made us pay a change fee. You can park pretty much anywhere along the shore. Most of the spaces were filled even though it was only 1 pm (check in time). We found a nice spot on the hill with a beautiful view of the lake. I think we got lucky because they are still letting people in for shoreline camping seven hours later and it’s full!

Desert Oasis

You can camp right on the shore at this lake or choose a designated camp site but know you won’t have any privacy. This is generally a very popular place so avoid in peak season if you’re looking for solitude. Boat rentals are available and you’ll have several docking options. Take one of the hiking trails offering gorgeous views of desert landscape and blue lake water. You’ll also usually spot a few wild burros (donkeys). Great recreation lake.

Beautiful Views

Great little place to camp near Phoenix. The lake is beautiful and I recommend taking the Roadrunner hike -- even easy for kids!

Great place to RV camp.

Wish they had sewer hookup. (There is a dump station)

Great views and activities

This place fills up pretty quickly especially on the weekends. I enjoy the water activities, boating, fishing, and kayaking. Sites are reasonable with dynamite views. There are fire pits and you can buy firewood on site if needed. It’s well maintained. During the day, lots of people enjoy day passes for the beach area. Very quiet and relaxing at night. I try and go a few times a year to this camp area.

Desert Tortoise Campground

It was a great location. We were easily able to take our tubes and kayaks to the lake from the campsite. Not many trees so it can get hot. Their is a shade structure but I also took my canopy and had lots more shade.

Beautiful but way too crowded

It's a lovely area with great scenery, cactus forest, wild burros. But there are way too many people. The park may even close down if too many people are there. And it needs some love. Some rude, tacky people have littered.

Wow

A little bit better of everything, desert, lake, mountains, abandoned mines, rich in history.

Very cool

Great views of the lake, most sites are approximately 100 yardsplus or minus from the waters edge. Camp sites are not stacked up on each other.