Camping in Horse Crossing

736 Reviews of 171 Horse Crossing, Arizona Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Free and Easy, but Hot

Great place for some free camping. Many different spots in the road and gorgeous scenery of Sedona. Bring lots of water and know that there are no bathrooms for a while. Would recommend. Road is rough, but not horrible.

• beautiful sun set
SiteDispersed
N P.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Pretty Sedona spot with a creek

Walkable to town and lovely appointed gravel sites. Amazing creek access for wading or a little dip. 20 min walk to town. Great wifi and clean WC with nice shower water pressure. Busy but would return!

Michael K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice Camping

We chose site 10 because it was close to the stream and shady . The hosts warned us about the hammer noise from a water pump close by. My daughter's wanted to be near the water.. we heard the noise,, but It didn't bother us. Good Mountain biking nearby. Just a heads up, Morman Lake is dry.

Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very upscale

Very clean very upscale. Great amenities definitely do again

Month of VisitApril
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

The views and big sites!!

I've car camped a few other places since my first time camping here last year. Nothing compares. Sites on the cliff side are hard to get but I came up here on June 1 and many sites were open. I guess everyone who came up for Memorial Day weekend had already left. I was lucky enough to get site 35.…

R
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

No Privacy. Creepers.

The best spots were hidden. I found this to be a strange spot as a woman. Very little prvacy. Several men walked by our site staring at our rig acting strange. When we pulled in we saw three men just sitting at their site staring at women. The road in was too bumpy with many rocks. Some of…

SiteIn the Back. Last section.
R
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Large Spots

There are large pull through spots and people seem to respect your camping space. Its a wash board about 500 feet in and it smooths out a bit after that. There is fair Tmobile signal here. Saw a humming bird multiple times. They will fly right up to you and stare at you. Nice breezes at…

SiteAbout 1 mile down the forest road.
Ashley M.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice but meh

Was a quiet and respectful campground until my last night when I was truck camping (up at 4am to beat a snowstorm going back to Colorado) and the host double booked my site to tent campers after I had tried to go to sleep.

Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

great

spread out, firewood available, showers until 6 for $4, toilets accessible!

SiteB2
Melissa C.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great views

This campground is free to stay in max of 14days, it’s so quiet and the views are spectacular, not far from the lake if you have a car but too far to walk.

• our little camp friend
Salvador R.The Dyrt PRO User

Great views, wrong coordinates

Great views, west side closer to Sedona is a lot more rocky while east half is pretty easy. The location here is wrong and that's probably why there are bad reviews.... You can access off i17 by taking exit 320 and then driving down the forest road toward Sedona. Camping is only allowed in about…

great

definitely a more family friendly camping area! showers close at 6 and are $4 for 8 minutes. the front office closes around 6/7 so be sure to get your firewood before hand!!! quiet, spaced out, beautiful scenery.

SiteB2
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User

Interesting State Park

Homolovi SP was easy to find off I-40, just follow the signs. We went straight to the campground (CG) as the entry shack was not occupied. We should have gone to the Visitors Center and register first, which we did immediately after setting up, but we had reservations and our site number. The…

• Site 28
  • Site 28, utilities are on this side but no problem reaching them.
  • View of site 28
Roman R.The Dyrt PRO User

Very clean.

Knoll lake campground is very clean and well kept. Designated areas for tents that were raked up. The bathrooms were cleaner than most restaurants.

SiteKnoll lake campground
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

comfortable and nice

staff drove by towards the end of the night maybe just to check on everybody. spaces are pretty big so you don’t feel super crammed up. the trees around provide excellent shade. port a potties and shower facilities only in one part of the ground, but easily walkable or driveable.

• beautiful morning