Camping in Kooskooskie

126 Reviews of 42 Kooskooskie, Washington Campgrounds

Jim M.
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Great state park

Easy pay station at gate and dump station 32$ for 1 dump. Has a loop trail though the park in dense foliage and goes by the small river in the back of the park. Sites are very secluded from each other very private two group areas.

• entrance sign on north side of road
  • my camp site by the entrance more secluded ones in the back around the loop
  • looking south from the campground entrance towards the picnic area across the road
j
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Good for a few nights

We had a tent and SUV that we also sometimes sleep in. There were plenty of spaces to choose from, even arriving on a Saturday evening. Everyone was pretty quiet and spread out. At night it got very loud with animals though—we think coyotes were howling from midnight until 3 AM!

M
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Pretty but loud!

This is a really nice and maintained campground but the traffic noise from the interstate was awful. It was sometimes hard to carrying on a conversation because of the noise. I probably will not stay here again.

SiteB07
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Private Sites, No Hook-Ups

I've stayed here twice on trips between Missoula and Portland and I love this little gem of a park, right off the highway. There's a little stream to sit or wade, the sites have tall trees and lots of privacy. The camp host was super helpful and suggested some places to check out that I would not…

• October 2020
  • View from Day Use area
Month of VisitNovember
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Beautiful Location

Quiet spot on a beautiful river. No hookups. Some of the sites had concrete pads, but I took a grassy spot. Walked down to the river where there's a short trail. Watched the osprey fish and saw some rafters float by. Was told to look out for rattle snakes, but didn't see any.

• Open campsites
  • Have a seat by the river
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Close to highway

I just needed a stop on my way to Wallowa Lake. This was on the way. Heard the big trucks going by all night. A safe and decent place to spend the night, I wouldn't want to do more than that.

SiteB07
Jace H.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Peaceful and Amazing

We showed up for the 4th of July weekend and Peaches the host was amazing. She helped us get an extra site because it was mostly all reservations as there were none left. The lake itself is super peaceful even when we went on the busiest weekend.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Like Staying in a Parking Lot

The good: Friendly staff and decent playground. Laundry facilities and showers. The bad: Sites are super close together = no privacy. Chain-link fence obstructing view. No pool. Appears that there are many full timers as well. Would not stay here again due to very small spaces.

J
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Many nice places to camp, lots of trash

I was disappointed when I was checking out this area for camping (June 27th) I didn't get any pictures, but there was trash everywhere. Every time we found a good spot, full of poopy toilet paper, litter, beer cans, cigarette butts ect. It was overall disappointing and we decided to go elsewhere…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Tucannon Excitement

Tucannon is a place I’ve been coming to since I was a kid. Absolutely love the area. Quiet and away from others.

Jennifer R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Great memories

Free during the off season but don't get stuck with a dead car battery. Can get really cold and no phone service and very few people pass by.

Sitenunya
Month of VisitNovember
Ted
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

No way in

Went there at night, hard to find the driveway then looked and there was a new fence across the driveway so couldn't get in

Sitecouldn't get in
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Relaxing and excellent

We’ve always enjoyed this area my entire life. First time here RVing. Amazing golf course, super friendly staff, great clean pool! Breakfast at the course is awesome, within walking distance and great bang for the buck. Did not visit casino, but shuttle is readily available.

Site18?
Chris The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

McDougall camping

Primitive location, nothing there, but maybe a fire ring and a spot to park your vehicle. Go about 2 miles on the dirt road and watch out for the dirt pot holes. At my site, you could fit 2 vehicles comfortably, but 3 is a little crowded. Flying insects during the day. There are many so…

lauren C.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Cute place in the woods

Either these are not the correct coordinates, or the trail has been overgrown. We’re car camping here for one night and it’s a lovely spot! Could not find the trail and just pulled off to camp on the side of the road. Dispersed & free & very wooded area!