About Fairholme Campground - Olympic National Park
Price
$10.00 - $20.00
National Park Service
Fairholme Campground - Olympic National Park is located in Olympic National Park in Washington
30 Reviews of Fairholme Campground - Olympic National Park
Beautiful and plenty of spots!

We showed up at the campsite around 11am on Sunday. We were afraid of not getting a good spot because it was first come first served, but going early on a Sunday we absolutely no problem finding an amazing spot!! We were able to fit three tents on our campsite. Our neighbors were not too close to us and felt like we had privacy. I truely believe we had the BEST site at the camp ground 72!! Highly recommend!!

Great car camping situation. Able to rent kayaks at the lake. Little convenience shop too!

Lakeside gem

Really nice. Another beautiful lake. Went paddle boarding. Water was soo clear no wind. Gorgeous Nice sunny spot for our tent.

Beautiful lake

The campground is right by the lake and offers walk-in sites that are literally on the lake shore. The best site in my opinion is 72, which is not directly on the lake shore but has a great view and good tree coverage. All sites have a fire pit, tent pad, and picnic table. There are very clean bathrooms close to all sites and clean running water. The campsites are very close together and can be next to RVs. Walk-in sites are less likely to be next to RVs.

Great place for the family

fairholm campground is very well maintained and hidden in the trees just off of the lake. There are multiple bathrooms but no showers, dock for swimming and a store located on the campground.

Beautiful lake

We stayed for two nights. On first night (Friday) we didn’t get there until 730pm but there were not too many people and we were still avail to get one with water view. There were many sites right by water open but having a puppy with us we figured to stay little fat from water. It’s $20 a night, and depending on which loop your site is in pay station differs (it’s all right by bathroom) one of the book we have says this place offers shower but we did not see one.

Size of the site was pretty big. There were 4 of us plus dog we had 3 tents (4p and two 2p tent) still had enough room for us to have cooler around etc. first night said lowest was 45 but it definitely felt colder. We had our winter sleeping bag but our friends said it was pretty cold. View of lake was beautiful and you can walk down to boat launch with wasn’t too far from my site (80). Some people had hammock but some sites like ours had trees too far from each other so if you’re thinking about hammock make sure you get a set with decent tree for your needs.

There is not many pet friendly hikes sadly. But there are plenty of short hikes near by for those without. If you go back to where the ranger station is there is hike for waterfall which is pretty easy and towards the end there is stairs but very easy hike.

Sites were busy on Saturday there were definitely more cars and people. Even there is quiet hours some people got loud pass midnight which woke me up. Please be considerate of others! (Sites were close to see each other but can’t hear conversations or anything)

Check out time is 11am. Sunday wasn’t too cold at all didn’t need my jacket in the morning to go use bathroom and we only started fire to cook, actually had few logs left over.

I wish I had my kayak or something. Water is definitely cold to swim but would love to be out there. View of stars by the boat launch at night was beautiful as well.

I think it was pretty quiet and not too clamped considering it’s only the second weekend after they open for the season. Would love to go back there in the summer hopefully there isn’t too many people lol

Beautiful Campground

This campground is one of my favorites even though it is pretty hard to score a spot. The upper area seems to have a lot more RV’s. It has amazing walk in spots right on the lake. It is a truly beautiful lake. I kept my kayak at the spot and just carried it down to a launch spot. There is a small market out on the main road. The facilities were basic but well kept. Super forested camp ground so privacy was pretty good.

Breath Taking views

This site has some fantastic well put together trails. They are well marked, well defined, and the area is spectacular with lots of vibrant green and brown colors from the moss, grass, and trees. This particular hike that I did here called the Marymere Falls was beautiful as the trail opened up right to it. Highly recommend you visit. Watch out for nettles though.

Campground on Lake Crescent

Large campground located on Lake Crescent. Many secluded spots.

Lake Crescent is wowza!

My wife and I loved this campsite because of the surrounding views and Lake Crescent is just, wowza! I remember that reserving a site was super competitive and it got crowded at night. I’m pretty sure it’s first come, first served so get there early to ensure a site! We spent a day hiking and a day on the lake- it was the perfect stay. Def explore your hiking options, as there are so many. We highly recommend renting a kayak and exploring different parts of the lake. Bring your fishing pole!!