the dyrt
Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, WASHINGTON
Most Recent Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Camping Reviews
Awesome place to go. Highly recommended for camping or day use.

I love this campground I stayed here to complete a natural resource college assignment and I will return many times. Beautiful and has all the user rentals. Those are cool. I recommend this campground.

Loved it plus great hiking

The campground was great and the hiking was amazing! We ended up doing the enchantment thru-hike which was about 20miles round trip. We were super glad to have this campsite nearby so we didn’t have to drive home so tired. The campground was clean and well kept but small. There were a few other people there when we got there and turns out they also did the thru hike and thought the same thing we did. The Enchantments were incredible as you can see from the pictures. It killed my feet and body, though but was worth it. We just stayed at the campground Saturday night and left early in the morning. We definitely plan to do this again and stay here next time.

Kids loved it!

Favorite KOA. Staff is very nice and for sure helpful. There was clean bathrooms and hot showers. Space was very nice and campground was very well kept with little lots of activities for the kids to stay busy. City is so awesome with German touch. I would love to come again but during Christmas.

Best ever for hiking

This is a favorite campground. The hikes nearby are fantastic in the fall because the foliage is vibrant and changing. Must go on the Lake Ingalls hike. Campground is clean and space is good for sure. Really enjoyed it.

Great place to launch

Large Campground right on the river. very little shade. Vault toilets. Great place to stay for floating the river or fishing.located in the beautiful Ellensburg canyon on the Yakima river

Perfect fall spot!

The colors here in the fall are incredible! Hands down my fave! This campground was great! There is a little mini golf course, which was closed when we went but I’m sure it’s a blast in the summer! The people here were super friendly and helpful! There are restrooms and showers!! Showers are always nice. However, we didn’t stay long enough to need a shower. We just stayed Friday night and then hiked Lake Ingalls Saturday morning. They also have trash bags for sale which I thought was nice. Amazing ice cream shop close by! We came after our hike on Saturday! There are RV spots as well as tent spots. Showers and bathrooms within walking distance. Highly recommend staying here and doing Lake Ingalls. It’s a 9 mile round trip hike, that is beautiful! We wanted to see the larches so we came early fall. We also saw mountain goats which was one of our goals!! No dogs allowed on trail.

Okay campground, good hiking

First time visiting this side of Washington, and the weather definitely disappoint. It was pretty dang hot here in the summer, more of a desert type of feel. We were super worried about rattlesnakes because we heard this part of Washignton has tons during the summer, but luckily we didn't see any. It rained the last day we were here, which was a nice change of weather. The hiking was great, so much beautiful greenery and trees! The campground was "okay." It wasn't really that well kept, a little dirty and no toilet paper in the gross porta-potty style toilet. The toilet area smelt SO bad! It was like it hadn't been clean in a really long time. The campground is fairly small, probably 15 sites? The sites are pretty close together, luckily there was only about 5 other families there when we were there. I wouldn't come back to this campground, but would probably come back to the area to do more hiking. Maybe not in the summer, though, more like the fall.

What a gem!

Pretty cheap and very relaxing with plenty to do. There is an ice cream shop and mini golf really close nearby. The campground bathhouses were really clean and showers had nice hot water. The employees working were very kind to recommend some nice hiking in the area. Would definitely come back again.

Best hike nearby!

Really loved this campground mainly because there is an awesome hike nearby! Stayed at this campground on a Friday night- got into the campsite around 6:30pm. We found our site easily, and set up our tent for the night. There was actually more people than I thought, but it was because it was also hunting season during this time. The hunters were super friendly! We woke up that Saturday morning and did Lake Ingalls for the fall hike. This hike is hands down my favorite in Washington, especially this time of year. The fall colors are perfect. We even saw some mountain goats which was super cool. The hike to the lake does require some path finding, so make sure you know your way. The campground was great, although we didn’t stay long. Just that one night. Would definitely come back again!

Quiet peaceful relaxing

Lots of clean large camp spots to choose from. Vault toilets. Shallow Creek runs thru campground. good place for rock hounds…or kids to cool off . Sheltered picnic area. Horshoe pits, ball feild, lots of room for kids to run and play or ride bikes

Great spot, even better hiking!

I’m honestly never really picky when it comes to campgrounds, as long as there is good hiking nearby. This campground was clean, and fairly big. Came here a few years ago in the fall to do our annual Ingalls Lake fall hike. Busy due to hunters and other hikers. The weather this year was pretty yucky, but our tent held up great. Only stayed 1 night (Friday night) and hiked Lake Ingalls on saturday, then headed home. Bathroom on site that wasn’t very clean, but doesn’t surprise me. Bring your own TP because they didn’t have any. Not sure if this time of year there aren’t people who check on campgrounds? Anyways, spaces were a decent size. Fit our tent and car, and campsite has fire ring and table. We didn’t use the fire ring because we got here late Friday and then left Saturday morning. Highly recommend Ingalls, though!

Loved it and the hiking!

Great campground! There is an amazing ice cream shop right down the road, as well as mini golf. We did the mini golf one evening and had ice cream every night we stayed. The campground was really clean, bathrooms clean and also have showers with HOT water!! Surprised by this. The amentities are a little out of date, but everything was clean which was nice. The people working were super nice and helpful. There is also a little shop that have a few things for sale. Room for RV or tent spots. The price was pretty cheap, and was a relaxing getaway. Did some hiking and had a blast. Highly recommend hiking!! Would definitely come back again.

So Great!!

I love the teanaway area because the hiking is incredible! I was able to come stay here in the fall, and hike Lake Ingalls. It was absolutely gorgeous! Hands down the best decision my friends and I have made. The campground was actually somewhat busy. There were quite a few people staying here that were hunting nearby but had this as their base. We thought it would be bare because of the time of year we went, but it was actually busy. Campground was decent- clean and lots of room. One toilet. Bring your own toilet paper because there wasn’t any in the bathroom. Lake Ingalls is a must hike if you are staying here. It was incredible. We saw some mountain goats and the colors were beautiful this time of year. Hike was 9 miles round trip and does require some path finding to the lake. Campground was easy to find and well marked.

Taneum

Very pretty area outside of Thorp. Campground is primative, pit toilets, but does have water and garbage. Unfortunately, the site is closed from Labor Day through Memorial Day. Also, there is a concrete ford to cross Taneum creek to get in to the site. Depending on water levels and the kind of vehicle or trailer you have, it might be difficult to navigate.

Great in the fall

This is a pretty good place to visit in the fall. I wouldn't recommend coming here, or any place near the Yakima area where there is hiking in the summer. There are so many rattlesnakes during the summer time, that to me, makes it unsafe. It is perfect once fall hits up to winter. Hiking around this area to me is "okay." The scenery is pretty desert like, with not the best views. I prefer to head up toward White Pass, or Mount Rainier area for hiking, but this place is good if you just want to stretch your legs or do a quick hike. It is close to me, so it makes it easy to get in the car and head here. Weather is good in the fall, but very hot in the summer. Prepare for 100 degree temps in the summer, and about 50-60 degrees in the fall. Well maintained, easy to find trails.

Beautiful!!

I was very lucky to find a campsite for the night. I had to get there early enough to get the site. The river was just below my site. It was beautiful!!

Loved the hiking!

My husband and I don't really ever make our way around the Yakima area, only because the hiking there is more "desert" feel and in the summer the rattlesnakes are out and about. The weather in the Yakima area in the summer is amazing, though (hot!!). We decided to make a day trip to do some hiking in the Umtanum area, which is within the Yakima River Canyon. The path was really good, clear, and easy to find. There were a few waterfalls, and creeks to cross to just know that your shoes/feet might get a little wet. The weather was perfect when we came in July. Make sure if you go in the summertime to bring plenty of water, because it is very hot. We luckily didn't see any rattlesnakes! There really isn't a "view" ending point, but the hike itself is beautiful. After we were done hiking we stopped and had a delicious dinner at Bron Yur (Spelling?), it is a pizza place that makes the most amazing pizza!! Highly recommend going there if you are ever in that area. We drove home by going Highway 12 and saw the most amazing views of Mt. Rainier.

Great primitive camping with perfect location!

These are primitive camping spots. We chose this campground because it was close to Leavenworth but we could still have a fun camping experience. We also checked out the Eightmile Lake Trail nearby for a pretty hike to an alpine lake. The camping spots were large and had level ground. It's also right next to the river so it's fun to explore. Neighbors were friendly and quiet at night.

Freeway noise

We've stayed here twice with other families. Once at the group site and once at other sites next to each other. If you are going with a large group you are much better off booking sites together as far away from the freeway as possible. The group site is incredibly loud because it is so close to I-90. I drempt all night that a semi-truck was running me over. Not exactly a relaxing experience. I have not experienced the hook up sites, only the standard campground. Maybe it's less noisy there? The lake is beautiful, but we had to drive from our site to get to the beach. The facilities are well maintained. If you want a shower be sure to visit the token machine at the ranger station first. There are other more quiet campgrounds you could choose if you want to get away from the noise of a busy life. I'm not sure I would pick this one again, but the lake makes a great day trip.

We'll be back

We stayed here one night while passing through and wish we could have stayed longer. Very clean facility with lots of amenities for a great price and not far from town. We were able to secure our spot last minute which was nice. We also booked a pull through site since we recently got our pop up camper and knew we may arrive in the dark. It was well worth the extra few dollars. We plan to be back next summer and take full advantage of the campground.

Clean campground on the banks of a beautiful river

High in the icicle river valley, this is the last campground along the road. Great place for a quiet camping trip. Good fishing, hiking and overall exploring

Dusty Last Minute Get Away

Tent camped here on a last minute whim. When the weather is not the greatest on the west side, we head to Cle Elum! This is all first come, first served camping. Nothing fancy, vault toilets, tables, fire ring. I would imagine if it was busy, it would be pretty loud and dusty. There is a small dirt bike track the starts here, so if you are looking for pristine quiet, this is not your place. If you come out to the woods to ride bikes, it would be awesome!

The weekend we were there, it was pretty quiet. Played in the creek. I would go back.

So many hikes!!

The i90 corridor is known for all its amazing hikes. My husband and I wanted to stay at Denny Creek Campground because there were a few hikes we wanted to do for our long weekend and didn’t want to have to drive back home, and then back in the morning. This campground was perfect and close to all the great Snoqualmie Pass hikes. He campground was good, had all the “basic” campground items. There is only 1 porta potty, and each campsite has it own table and fire ring. We used the fire ring at night, and unfortunately the last night we were there it rained so we stayed in the tent the whole evening. It definitely rains quite a bit in this area, so check the forecast before you head out. We enjoyed hiking Granite Mountain (hard and long!) as well as Kendall Katwalk (long but easy). The weather was foggy for both hikes, but we enjoyed getting outside. On our way back to the campground we stopped by North Bend and did some shopping and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I would definitely come back and stay here to do some more hiking and maybe even some sunrise/sunset hikes!

romantic camping on the beach

Right on lake wenatachee, 18 a night. 4 vault toilets and plenty of sites, picnic tables, water access and fire rings. we had the entire camp ground to ourselves very romantic, slept right on the beach. Kayaking was good here.

Loved it!

This camp ground was well laid out and very easy to find my camping site. The Camp sides had good space separating them. oh and the bathrooms didn’t smell. I loved staying here.

Great Reserveable Campground 1 Hour East of Seattle

Spent one night here with a group. With so many campgrounds, I expected it to be very loud. It was not.

Camp hosts were super nice and selling wood on-site.

Pit toilets were surprisingly clean.

We stayed at campsite 2.

River a quarter mile walk away.

Nice place on Ross Lake

Great camp site on the point, good spots for hammocks, and three platforms for tents. Group site also has two tables and bear boxes. Good sopts for swimming and fishing.

Our favorite camping close to home

We love coming here. It's close proximity to our house allows us to hook up the trailer after work and include a Friday night in our camping weekend! The availability seems pretty good too, especially in Spring when some campgrounds are not quite open yet.

This campground has great clean and heated bathrooms. Sites and roads are paved. Hook ups are electric only, bring your water. The first time we went we did not know and our Basecamp's heat runs via the hot water heater. It was cold! The sites are large and pretty private. We have stayed in site 42 which is a back in spot with fire pit and table above the back of the pad. Also, we have enjoyed site 38, a pull through that gave us nice wooded views and privacy.

The campground loop is a nice walk or cruise on a bike. There is easy access to a beautiful stretch of the Green River, with picnicking areas and walking trails. You might catch a kayaker in the river, I hear this stretch take a lot of skill!

Decent Rustic Getaway

We took our 16 foot Basecamp up to Beverly Campground for the Labor Day weekend. There were two other trailers and 2 to 3 tent campers the whole weekend. The campground is small, rustic, and dusty this time of year, but a good bet for a last minute getaway.

The gravel road up to the campground is narrow and severely wash-boarded. Made towing a trailer a slow go. The campground has 14 sites, a pit toilet with 2 stalls, no water, no trash receptacle. Once we got to the campground, we struggled at first to find a site that would accommodate more than a car and tent. The sites along the road are open, in full sun, and dusty as they are along the main gravel road. The side of the loop along the North Fork of the Teanaway River has much better tree coverage and seems to sit lower and below the road dust.

We ended up choosing site 12. The river was across the campground road from us. If we could have fit in site 10, that would have been my fist choice as it has direct river access. Our site was big, had good tree cover and hammock spots, but enough area to sit in the sun too. The weather was perfect! Breezy, around 75 degrees.

Picnic tables, fire pit, and close proximity to hiking and mountain bike trails. One downside is the bees/wasps. They were mostly nonexistent until we started to cook or eat something, then they were all over us. Not interested in us, just our food. Might be a bummer with kids.

We had a nice time. It was quiet and a good last minute getaway for a long weekend.

Cool spot in Ellensburg

This is one of the larger KOAs I have been to. Plenty of room for RVs, trailers, and tents. They also have a few cabins to stay in. Our site was near the playground which was central to the camp ground. There is a TV/ play room that my littlesloved but not as much as the heated pool, yes, they have a heated pool!

This site lies on the banks of the Yakima River. My dad was able to go fly fishing and my littles were able to search for rocks and fish in the shallow areas.

The general store has all your basic needs, but a difference from other KOAs was that they sell bee and wine!

The hosts are great but are pretty strict with quiet hours (which I prefer with littles).