Wenatchee, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Wenatchee Camping Reviews
Owner was rude and dishonest

I called early in the morning to make a reservation. Spoke to a lady. She confirmed an open camping/tent spot for my family & me on the lake with tree cover. Had a hard time finding the place with the directions she gave me. So I called back and spoke to a man this time. Thought I had called the wrong place at first. He confirmed his location, and lake front tent camping spot. We arrived 30min after the call. This campground is clearly not on the lake. The man was very impatient with me. Kept telling me we could camp here but was not going to argue with me. I never argued with the man, never got upset, just extremely confused. He kept demanding my contact & card info. I told him I’d like to see where he was going to put us before I gave him my info. Told him I was out front of the office and he refused to come out side. Then told me he did not have time for this so I said good buy and ended the call.

Wether I mixed up the campgrounds or not. The owner/ office guy at Sunny Spring Resort was a big dick and a lier. My family and I drive 4 hours to came here.

Best Near Leavenworth

It's pricey, but clean and an easy walk into Leavenworth. Free showers which are very clean along with the bathrooms. Owners live on site and are very friendly. Very limited grass, mostly dirt. Pretty tight spots but good to have a place to take a camper for a couple days visit to a very fun town. Visited here in August of 2019, we love Leavenworth and will always take the camper up and stay here, assuming the roads allow coming across the mountains from the west.

Very cool state park

Very cool state park in the middle of the Wanapum Recreational area and on the shores of Wanapum Lake/Columbia River. Two camping loops, one on a bluff overlooking the river with pretty views (the loop you want to be on) and the other further away from the water..

The landscape is really gorgeous and colorful. The park has a very large boat launch area with day use facilities available. You’re also a very short drive from the Ginko Petrified Forest, interpretive center, and rock shop, all of which are super fun for rock-hounders.

The Ginko Petrified forest has amazing views alongside an interpretive center with cool rock formations and ancient petroglyphs. The rock shop is super funky with cheesy dinosaur statues out front.

Popular Washington State Park

Popular state park that is, as the title hints, at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers. Big, wide open spaces that are available for day use and popular with locals on the weekends for barbecues and games. Large beach area on the river with swimming.

Many tent and RV spots available, but they are all out, exposed in a kind of open field with a few trees. Nice showers and bathroom facilities on-site. Gorgeous views of the river and surrounding hills everywhere you look. However you do have to navigate the city of Wenatchee office park to get there.

Only 20 miles from Leavenworth, Washington and about 2.5 hours from Seattle. Popular with kids for the playground and lots of flat areas for biking and pick-up softball/football games.

Closed

Has been closed for many years. Will likely be closed until further notice

This place is awesome.

Really easy straight on hike. It is definitely dusty but a really nice change of pace from the trees and mountains. Several waterfalls that you can get super close to. We have not camped there yet but it looked super fun.

Family weekend getaway

Peaceful quiet little campground just before the small old ghost town of Liberty. Lots of off roads and hiking trails to explore.

Great offseason camping

Great place to camp early and late in the season. It’s not as crowded, but you still enjoy the sites. Leavenworth is about 20 minutes away. Throughout the season, there is plenty to observe around the campground from wildflowers to critters playing.

BeBee Campground

One of the best campgrounds I have stayed at. Ball fields, tennis and basketball courts. The restrooms that are kept in very clean condition. Swimming and boating right there on the Columbia River. Walmart up on top of the hill 6 miles in Chelan. They have a dump station here also. Great Place for family and kids…

Eww, eww, eww!

Park is adjacent to a dirty truck stop with two interstates intersecting….we kept driving south along the river towards Yakima and found 3 beautiful blm campgrounds!