Vancouver, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Vancouver Camping Reviews
Love This Park

Good times.

My go to campground

The campground is awesome. It's my go to camping spot when I need to get out of town. It has everything I need. It gets busy during or around holidays, but mid week or off season is perfect. The hosts are always friendly and it's always been clean.

Busy

This could be a beautiful campground if it wasn’t for all the people. We were there later in the summer so maybe it’s nicer earlier but there was trash everywhere. Too bad some people have no respect for these beautiful areas.

River and trees

Nice campground along the river. Some sites have river views.

In the trees

Small campground in the trees. You can hear the river. Paths lead to a few small areas by the river.

Worth the hike

Limited campsites

Small campground

Great Lakeside campground. Road can be a bit rough. Mosquitos!! Great hiking.

Full of fun things for kiddos

This is the kind of RV park that I like. Nice spots surrounded by grass, decent space between sites (not much, but enough), and most importantly, lots and lots of things for kiddos to explore. There's random trails, a playground, big green fields, volleyball court, etc. Plenty to keep them busy and felt completely comfortable letting them run around.

Everything is clean and well maintained. I like the central area better (closer to facilities). The camp is right off the freeway, but if you're back off the road there's not as much noise, though there's also a train that runs through on the far side. Overall, would definitely come back.

Clean, Basic, Cheap, Right on Freeway

Not really our style, since we travel with kids and are looking for things to do (trees, playgrounds, pools, etc.), but for what it is, this is a decently priced, clean, basic RV Park. I didn't get the same creepy feeling of long-timers staring at us when pulling up that I get at other parks, but rather it's nice people (mostly full-time RV retirees) who are here to stay for a week or a month and then move on to the next place.

Location is literally right on the freeway (back wall shares a wall with I-5). Plenty of noise, but not as bad as it could have been.

Compared to other places nearby, the price is great (about$35), and you're right in Vancouver and near Portland. I don't think we'd go back again since it's not our thing, but could be fine if cheap, convenient, and clean is what you're looking for.

Nope nope nope

Too many full-timers for our vacationing/camping lifestyle. Lots of run-down RVs and cars that looked like they haven't moved in years. Satellite dishes, plastic toys, and other evidence of permanent living.

There's a store on-site, which is nice, and a small playground and dog area, but overall, this is not the kind of place I'd like to go to on a vacation. Feels much more like a sad trailer park.

Wonderful teardrop gathering in The Gorge

Still one of my favorite camping trips each year, and 2019 didn't disappoint. The Annual Gorge Gathering, hosted by Teardrop Trailers of Oregon and Washington, is held here each Memorial Day weekend. Find out more information here:

There's tons of cute trailers to check out, nice people, pot lucks, a large indoor area with a kitchen, and things to do in the area. Definitely worth checking out if you either have a tear drop trailer or are just interested in seeing some.

Seemed to be more kids this year, as well as more vegetarian options in the potluck, both of which made me happy.

The fairgrounds are also available for other group campground gatherings.

Not for Us. More Full Timers than Overnight Camping

I'd give this place about 2.5 stars. On one hand, it's quite cute in a gnome-fairy in the woods kind of way. Absolutely amazing, huge trees in the back half that look like a wonderland.

But really this is a place more for full-timers or at least long-timers, which we are not. They're even set up more for full-timers with things like permanent mail boxes.

It's also not super kid-friendly. Most people were older when we were there, and it's not full of many things for the kids to do other than run around the woods (which is nice and all, but couldn't find a playground, pool, etc.). I could see my parents liking this place though (an older generation).

Pros:

• Clean enough.
  • Amazing Trees.
  • Quaint.

Cons:

• Main phone number disconnected (as of when I wrote this review).
  • Pretty much all full-timers, or long-timers.
Great hidden gem

Nice spots close to small river and off the road just enough. Awesome spot!

Nice place to camp

We were looking for a place between Portland and Seattle for one last night of camping. We were able to get site 12 the day we arrived at Seaquest without an advance reservation. It’s near a water spigot and not too far from the bathhouse.

One bathhouse included in my pictures was part of another loop that was on the walking path to the Mount Saint Helens Visitor Center, located across the street. A short tunnel goes under the road for safe access to the visitor center.

Seaquest State Park has a small playground and picnic area. There’s not much else to the park. It’s proximity to Mount Saint Helens probably makes it popular. The facilities were clean and the campground was quiet. Nice place for a quiet, relaxing camping experience.

High Lake Campground near Mt. Hood

This campground is on the shores of Laurence Lake.  Almost all of the spots were right on the lake or close enough to have lake views.  It's a smaller campground and the spots are fairly open, so not as much privacy with the neighbors.  The spot I had was right off the boat launch and next to the path for the walk-in spots.  I was only there 1 night, but it would be a great place to camp if you wanted to play on the water, ie SUP or Kayak.  The road leading up to the campground was a bit rough in some areas that lower clearance vehicles would need to be careful on.  There is also no water, so you need to bring your own.  Would definitely recommend this campground.

Pretty Good close in campground

It's not bad at all, just right off of the highway.

Tricky to find, but one of the most magical camping locations

We arrived really late and it was really tricky for us to find the place as it's not really a campsite but more like awesome spots by the river without any signs. We recommend you arriving during the day as it was just pure luck, we picked probably the most amazing spot here. We found it somewhere in between the 11th and 12th mileposts. There is a narrow path towards the river, first we thought we might gonna get stuck, but it immediately opened up to a spacious big area where 2-3 cars/RVs could easily fit.

It's a dispersed camp so there is no infrastructure around it, but there was a built fireplace there.

Probably the most amazing part of it was when in the morning we found an other really narrow path towards the river which again opened up and we walked to the beautiful shore of the river, where we had the chance to dip in the river.

All in all we were super surprised and happy that we spend a night here.

My favorite camp ground and park

Many trails to walk down with beautiful surroundings, two separate parks, large gathering areas for parties or family gatherings, have many camp spots,and is tents, TVs and afforadable.

This park is small and right off and busy road

They have a restroom, great spot to fish, but not many spot to camp and no serene surroundings…

Suprised

When we pulled in with our 40' Coach I thought oboy I blew it. Getting into our site was a little tight but doable. We were in a pull through tucked in the forest with full hookups. A fire pit and picnic table too! If you go camping to stay inside our Verizon phones, Sprint hot spot and over the air TV all worked. You can hear the train in a distance and a little traffic. It is a great spot and we will come here again.

Pretty and Close, but a Little Noisy

We took off from Portland around 4pm on a Friday and got to the campground around 6. Be careful with Apple Maps, I think they routed us to the historical campground and had us going about 10 miles past the site.

This was our first time camping in the Tillamook; and was cool to see the differences between it and Mt Hood. There were tons of birds, rabbits, and chipmunks at the site.

The river was super clear, with a rocky beach and some beautiful formations a bit to the west.

We were there the first weekend in September and it was remarkably empty. I think two of the sites in the K loop were occupied.

We opted for K4 which was farther from the parking lot, and closer to the river. Unfortunately, closer to the river meant closer to the highway, too. So we never really got the serenity of a site further off the path. Not a big deal, but since I live near a highway, I welcome the break when I can get it.

The other problem with K4 was that you had trails on either side of the site, so it wasn’t the most private. I think K6 might be the best spot in the loop, but you may get additional noise from the parking lot and squeaky water pump.

Views of All Kinds, Massive Quietude

Only four sites here - get in early or on a weeknight. Gorgeous drive through the town of Hood River a big bonus. Once you get in, you’ve got hikes right there with great views of Mt. Hood, the small, charming and swimmable Rainy Lake 2 minutes by walking, and just tons of shade and peace. Even though 3 sites are scrunched together, we didn’t hear our neighbors. A fabulous place to get away.

awesome location, super basic though

On the way to Kiwanis Camp by the road there are spots and as far as we understood, those are for camping, though there was no sign for them. It's at a really great location as it's 3 minutes to Little Zig Zag Falls path also fairly close to Government Camp

Okay, Not Great

So much potential being right on the Willamette River, but unfortunately there is basically no view of the water. We had a rough visit that I’m sure was an anomaly. We had a change of itinerary that brought us to Woodburn and had to arrive with no reservations. There were sites available (after Labor Day) so no problem. Were were told to “pick any unreserved site” so we did so. Got unhooked, leveled, and fully set up, then went to register for the night when the ranger told me that the site was reserved. IT WAS NOT TAGGED. So, we had to pack up and move. Total bummer. Beside that, the park is unwatered and was just dry and unattractive. Upside was spacious sites in B loop, but we just had the view of a dried out field. Paved sites, level, with plenty of electric/water sites. I wouldn’t stay here again unless it was in the spring.

Not Camping, Nice Park

Okay, this isn’t really camping, it’s more like parking in a parking lot so don’t have an expectation that it’s a camping atmosphere. That being said, this is a very nice place to get off I-5 and park an RV with all the amenities. You can walk to several restaurants and the outlet mall. There is a great laundry room, clean bathrooms and showers, pool, pet areas, and nicely paved, level, but crowded sites.

Great place to exhale.

Nice campground. I went mid-week in Sept. Only gave 4 stars because of the toilets. Highly recommend yellow jacket traps this late in summer. Aggressive is an understatement.

One down side

Campgrounds: Some were very apparent that it was smaller than other sites, but I loved that each site came with picnic table. Also some camp sites did not accommodate for multiple tents because uneven grounds and tree stumps, so bringing a air mattress or a mat would be helpful.

Amenities: Bathrooms are actually flushing water visible ones. Showers are available at a cost. It’s not bad at all, easy to use. Well maintained.

Park: Even though it’s a short distance - Drive there, as long as you have camp site parking pass, you should be fine. The river was shallow and dropped to the deep end. It was ideal for children becaus the shallow end stretched a bit and the deeper end was the other side .

One down side to the whole experience: Freeway is really really close to the whole camp site. You can hear vehicles at night. If you’re a light sleeper or need nature noises when camping - this is not the site for you. Other than that , i had a good time and felt a lot of what the camp site had to offer was great!

On the flip side, If you messed up and forgot something, wal mart or convenient store was nearby.

Greats location

4 camp sites surrounding a small lake. 1 and 2 are private While 3 and 4 are right next to each other. Campsite 2 is on the way to 3 and 4 so not to private.

The camp is a close walk to many trails and other sites.

The best campsites are those that are not crowded and you can enjoy the stillness during the day or night. This camp had just that no one around.!

Simple but great

This campground was a pretty standard off the grid type place. Pretty small and you have to walk to get to the sites.  Not really anything around except for great hiking and amazing views. Sites were big enough and super secluded, just like I like it.

There’s fishing at the lake and some great views of mount hood. I would check out the Laurence lake high ridge hike if you want the best views.

Large and busy but clean.

Nice, clean park. Very large and busy but has nice ameneties.