Vancouver, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Vancouver Camping Reviews
😎

Awesome spot

Very peaceful

Love that it is close to town and you feel like you are out in the woods.

Nice little State Park

Keeping in mind that we went during a rainy season (fall), this wasn’t a terrible place.

On the way to Mt St Helens, it is a nice base camp for exploring the area a bit, though we didn’t do much of that. I would certainly expect that we would the next trip here.

The good: Fairly Quiet. And that’s staying in the full service trailer area, which is more of a parking lot than a camp ground.

The bad: the loops are not clear on the direction of travel in this spot, and we had a fellow drag his trailer across the front bumper of my Jeep soon after I was backed in and settling the details of my placement. I’m not certain if he was traveling the correct way, but he didn’t have enough room to accomplish his mission and he definitely was traveling the opposite direction that I used to correctly back my trailer in.

Now he has a hole in his trailer which didn’t seem bother him as much as the twisted bracket on my bumper bothered me.

My brother and his wife tent camped on our site, and ended up swimming in rainwater overnight (the slope of the land didn’t help, but they have since also purchased an RV after this final tent experience).

This section also had no tree cover and was widely exposed to the elements.

I would definitely try this campground out again, but for now it was slightly disappointing.

Friendly, great location, awesome pool....

This is a great park, with laundry, pool sauna ,  fire pits, close to beach……

Nice Getaway for the day .

Been coming here since I was a child and I have always loved this place !!

Super Close to Portland, Basic Sites Near Road on Top of Each Other

I really, really expected to love this campground. It's one of (perhaps the) closest Oregon State Campground to Portland and I'd heard great things about it. It's also in the Columbia River Gorge, which is green, great, and beautiful. But the campground itself is just so-so. Okay sites terraced on top of each other right next to the road.

Pros: Great location, plenty of trees, and good prices ($17 tents and $26 for full hookup). Also flush toilets.

Cons: Right next to the road and sites are crammed in. Nothing really to do in the campground.

Tips: The walk-in tent sites look nice. Also, book well in advance. Very popular in the summer.

Basic Nice Smaller Campground at Cascade Locks

Smallish campground (15 or so spots) on a small "cliff" overlooking Cascade Locks. Spots are close together, surrounded by grass, with a small bathroom in the center of the lot. Tents are $25 per night, with several sites also available for a bit more for RVs with power and water. Reservations ($10 fee) are only accepted during the summer.

There's not much to do at all in the small campground, but there's a decent amount of places to explore right in the same area. Across a small street there's a playground, the Locks themselves, views of the Columbia River and even a museum.

Nice enough campground if you want to stay in the area for other activities, though no privacy at all between sites.

Love This Park

Good times.

My go to campground

The campground is awesome. It's my go to camping spot when I need to get out of town. It has everything I need. It gets busy during or around holidays, but mid week or off season is perfect. The hosts are always friendly and it's always been clean.

Busy

This could be a beautiful campground if it wasn’t for all the people. We were there later in the summer so maybe it’s nicer earlier but there was trash everywhere. Too bad some people have no respect for these beautiful areas.