Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area, WASHINGTON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area Camping Reviews
If I could leave 0 stars I would

The place is falling apart and they don't seem to care. If you like being watched while in the bathroom then by all means camp there two way mirrors in both bathrooms. Paint chipping off dirty bathroom and shower only 1 shower. Fish cleaning station overgrown by weeds. When we first got there I was told in a hostile voice that there was no storing anything outside. It was always ok for everyone else to have a bonfire but us. We were on constant alert the entire 6 months there. I asked before bringing a truck to the park if it was alright and she said yes for a week. Then on the fourth night she met us with a pen and paper screaming at me that she was going to have it towed. Oh and our small dog had a small cable leash around the the tree that wasn't ok either. Nothing we did was ok ever! One week doesn't doesn't have 4 days last time I checked. I had bought a truck to replace the other truck we owned after all we lived there for 6 months. I became very sick while there and had to go back and fourth to the hospital never once did they ask how everything was going. Hostile environment even complaining about 5 potted plants. Really why others had them. Long story short if you like to camping in the middle of a subdivision by all means check it out. Be careful not to trip on all the nails sticking up on the docks as they need repair as well then go ahead and see for yourself. I will never go back ever!! Not that they care I think they should sell the place because they don't care.

Choose someplace else

The people of deer lake resort are very rude and unprofessioal to say the least. "The owner' opened the door to our condo without knocking,forcefully pushed past one of the ladies that was staying in the bedroom #2.  I asked her who she was and her reply was a rude "I own this place and I'm checking to see if they put the new bed in this bedroom Geez , wouldn't the polite way have been to knock on the door and say, excuse me I'm the owner and I would like to see if the new bed has been set up in that bedroom ,do you mind if I look? Very rude and unprofessional to say the least. The rest of the staff had the same attitude… Like they were doing is a favor buy letting us stay in their condo.  We were not offered clean towels or linen the entire 3 1/2 days. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go back. I could write a book here about everything I am unhappy with but will just leave it as a pretty campground that the new owners will probably run in the ground.

Quiet during the week.

We showed up on a Wednesday and had the camp to ourselves. The camp host is always on site and super friendly. Nice, small, fishing lake in Colville National Forest. Sites all have picnic tables, and fire pits. The bathrooms are vault toilets and well maintained. There is drinking water available. I particularly liked this spot because there are only 8 sites. Some of them have lake views and are a little more secluded. The others are less private. It also has a boat launch. Best part, there is no day use at this site, so the whole campground has a private feel.

Ranger Review: Wenzel Lightweight 2 person Hammock at Flodelle Creek

Ranger Review: Wenzel Lightweight Double Hammock at Flodelle Creek

Campground Review:

Flodelle Creek campground is a great gem off highway 20. It is a bit back there and super small. Only 5 campsites, it is free with a discover pass. I loved the privacy of this campground. Small creek runs by it, but I didnt get any pictures. You really feel out there. the Vault toilets are well maintained, better than expected. Equestrians are welcome, RVs, plenty of space. Very large sites as well.

I was impressed.

Product review:

The Wenzel hammock is great for front country camping!!!  I love the material and design. It comes with some rope and clips to hang your hammock with, however I found them very short and was not able to use it at first.  I am also a larger girl and purchased this not for 2 people, but just myself. I'm kind of picky on what holds me up.  I was disappointed that Wenzel does not have accessories or extra straps available on their website to buy. Overall I love it for my back yard and for over night trips out camping with the family. I also love that it comes in its own pouch and the pouch can be used for my phone, book, suncreen etc. I did purchase additional straps and look forward to trying it again. I think it would be great for most people, unfortunately straight out of the box it just wasn't for me.

Ranger review: Morsel Spork at Trout Lake Campground

Ranger review: Morsel Spork at Trout Lake Campground.

Campground Review:

Trout lake campground is certainly off the beaten path. The road to get there is dirt and gravel. It is uneven with a lot of potholes, also very narrow and no room for others to pass. Super sketchy in my Kia Soul. The drive there is nice, as you go up in to the mountains, great views. Once you get to the campground it is super small with only five sites. pretty popular for boats. the sites are great, well shaded. My favorite site was 5 as it was big, but also right behind the main access to the dock. The dock was flooded this time. Make sure you have everything you need, its a far drive from any store. The lake is good for fishing. The vault toilets are well maintained. Pack out your trash. bring your own water.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, sometimes I get to test cool products in the field. Today I tested the Morsel Spork. I love these things! I was able to get a regular and an xl and test them both, My favorite is the smaller one, because its easier to wield. I can see the benefits of the big xl large one if you have those hard to reach bagged food items but in retrospect it just wasn't for me. They are both lightweight, have the serrated edge, flexible edge on the spoon, and they are both just cool. I love the idea of sporks and Morsel Spork put a lot of thought in their design. I love the materiel, nice and sturdy. It's earned it's way in to my camp back and I'm excited to have them

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Recliner chair at North Gorge Campground

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Recliner chair at North Gorge Campground

Campground review:

North Gorge is a sleepy little place. Small campground with a small boat launch. There isn't a lot of parking so beware if you bring your truck and trailer here. The sites are small, seemed to be a decent amount of space between them. Vault toilets, well maintained. each site has your standard picnic table, and fire ring. There was a burn ban in August, no fires for us. They actually zip tied no fire signs to each fire pit. There are only a few sites, most for tent camping only, however there are a few that will fit a trailer or rv. It is $9 in the off season Nov 1st to May 30th, and $18 in the peak season

Product review:

**https://www.gcioutdoor.com/folding-recliners/outdoor-recliner/

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, sometime I get to test out awesome products in exchange for an honest review. The GCI outdoor Recliner is well built with quality materials. It is easy to slide in and out of the large storage back. easy to set up and take down. I love the mesh back, it helps to keep you cool in those hot summer days. The chair has 3 reclining positions and my favorite part was reclining the chair all the way to look at the stars, it gives the perfect angle. I also love the storage pocket on the back. just fold up the storage bag and put it in the pocket for a pillow. It has a cup holder, but I wasn't a big fan of the placement. I give this chair an 8/10.

Old and dirty

Perverted staff

Great place for the family

Great family place, so much to do for everyone. Especially if you love the water. The campsite is butted up to the lake, which makes it great for sunsets and sunrises. There is hardly any shade at the campsite. The RV/camper sites have full or partial hook-ups. All back in. The campsite is clean and very friendly. You can rent kayaks, and paddle boards there. There are tent sites and have public bathrooms and showers. Make sure you have cash or check when you check in unless you made a reservation on the website. Definitely will be back, gorgeous place to stop and stay for awhile.

Ranger Review: Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket/Red Ledge at Pend Oreille Park

Campground Review:

Pend Oreille County Park Is a deceptive name as it is really a large piece of beautiful forest land off highway 2 run by the county. There are miles of hiking/biking trails in this dense forest. The day use is free and has plenty of parking. There are also a large open picnic shelter, ADA accessible vault toilet, Picnic tables, grills/fire pits, and potable spigots. There is also a nice little stream that runs through the day use area during the spring.

The campground is only$10 a night per site, which is a great deal for what you get. There are 26 sites that each have A picnic table, firepit and area for a tent. There are no defined pads but plenty of cleared area. The best thing about this place is how dense the trees overhead are, the whole area is well shaded for those hot summer days. Another great thing about this place is that I have yet to see it packed, which is strange as it is right off the 2. Even though it is close to the 2, there is enough forest in between that you don't hear any cars. Overall great campground for weekend getaways!

*****************************

Product Review:

One great benefit of being a Ranger for The Dyrt is that I get to try out products occasionally- today the product I am reviewing is.. Men's Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket from Red Ledge. To start I have to say this is the neatest rain jacket I have owned. It is super light weight and rolls up to fit in a ziplock bag! I was impressed with the way it kept water out during a freak monsoon I was in. The zipper is a very cool waterproof design that has 2 separate zipper heads, I found this useful to leave the bottom unzipped a little for easier access to pants pockets. Another great feature of this was the design of the pockets. They are VERY large and secure. There seem to be velcro and cinch cords everywhere ensuring a great sealed fit. The hood has a built in bill which was really nice, though I have yet to adjust the hood correctly so it doesn't flop forward a bit too much. The shell is actually very warm so I will be using it as a full jacket, this will be nice come winter.

When purchasing be sure to order a size larger if you plan to wear a full sized jacket under it. My XL wont fit over most of my xl jackets but will fit over a large.

Over all this is a super well made jacket and you can tell the design was a labor of love. I would recommend this to anyone buying a raincoat for backpacking or just all around use. Thank you Red Ledge!

Ranger Review: Firebiner/Outdoor Element at Jerry's Landing Resort

Campground Review:  The campground I am reviewing today is Jerry's Landing Resort and Campground. It is a small family owned resort just 45 minutes north of Spokane Wa. I chose this place to camp for many reasons. One of which is the medium sized lake it is located on. With a boat launch, fishing dock and several row boats to rent, it's a great spot for fishing. In the day use area there are picnic tables, grills, and full flush bathrooms. The family also provides a great little store on premises that offers bait, tackle, food, camping/boating supplies and more. The prices are quite reasonable for the different ways they provide for you to stay at the resort. They have small cabins for$60 a night or larger cabins for$85 a night. Both tent and RV spaces are only$19 a night plus electric if applicable. The day use is only$3 a person and$17 a day for boat rentals as well. One of my favorite things from this experience was no defined tent pad in the well groomed grass camping area. It was one of my better nights sleep while camping. While here I didn't end up catching any fish but have seen pictures and heard stories of bigger fish in the lake. I can believe it with all the wildlife that drops in during the day. I Like to use this place for the day use fishing all the time and would highly recommend you check it out if you are in the area.

*****************

Product Review:  One of the benefits of being a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to try out products occasionally- today I am reviewing.. Outdoor Elements Firebiner

The first thing I have to admit is I was buying different gear and got the Firebiner as an addon. My delight with the product made me switch the focus of the review to the Firebiner. This thing is pretty awesome! Not only is it super light at just 0.09 lbs, but it is rated at 100 lbs carry weight. This little guy has replaced the carabiner I use for my everyday key ring due to the low weight and strength. Another great feature of the Firebiner is the small flathead screwdriver/pry tool. Its great to have a screwdriver on your side for those pesky things that take less time to fix then going to the tool box. I have already used it this way a few times this week alone. The Firebiner also has a small seatbelt cutter that has come in SUPER handy cutting fishing line and may well save my life one day to boot! One cool thing that I figure falls under the feature category would be the 2 hang slots at the bottom. It would be easy to dismiss this feature, but I found it useful. It has been really helpful to add my home keys and a tinder tube in order to keep them seperate and more permanent than the keys that I take off regularly. The last feature I am going to talk about is perhaps the most notable one. This is, of course, the Everspark Firewheel. It is thick and durable with a replaceable spring-loaded ferro rod. The flint delivery system is like those in a zippo, where you can unscrew the spring from the back. The big difference is the smaller light-weight size and the firebiner uses a ferro rod instead of a flint. Because they use the ferro rod it will spark completely wet as well as in wind.It also comes with a micro tool for the spring removal and to change the seatbelt cutter, which I keep on one of the hang slots. With all the positives I tried to look hard for something that could be better. The only thing I could think of would be to tighten the tension of the clasp. It works just fine on my belt loops through all activity. I did however loose a set of keys in my girlfriend's purse when she had them in there all day being jostled around. Overall I love the Firebiner and Outdoor Element for over designing this great product for me. I honestly would and will recommend anyone getting one of these for themselves.