the dyrt
Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Carbon River Camp
Part of the Northern Loop Trail in Mount Rainier National Park.
Hike In
National Park Service
Carbon River Camp is located in Mount Rainier National Park in Washington
2 Reviews of Carbon River Camp
A good, quiet campground

You have to hike-in to get to this campground. When we were there, the river access was washed out, so you have to hike down to get to it. Our knees were killing us by the time we got there.

You have to cross a log bridge to access this site, which I have pictured. I love that kind of log bridge, but it can be a little intimidating.

If you are coming from one direction (there were two, and if the river access is not washed out, three) ways to get to the campsite, you cross a really awesome suspension bridge. We crossed it the next day, but if you didn't cross it on your way, go take a look, it's one of the best suspension bridges I have been on.

The sites are separated from each other, so much so that while I knew there were others there, I never heard or saw them. The group site is first, and the rest are past a fallen tree and up the hill. We had the spot way up the hill (just keep climbing!), and really, it was two spots if you have two tents. We chose the lower of the two for our tent and the ground was nice, hard and flat. We had a good night's rest.

The toilet, if I recall was back down our site's trail and up the main campground trail a bit.

There is no potable water, we filtered our water at the stream with the log bridge.

You are surrounded by hiking at this spot… pick a direction on the trail and enjoy.

Stellar spot

Love it here! This place has it all.