the dyrt
About Lake Sylvia State Park
Lake Sylvia State Park is located in Washington
6 Reviews of Lake Sylvia State Park
Hidden Gem

Set in a former logging camp above the town of Montesano, park life revolves around a large swimming and fishing lake. This site is super family friendly and pet friendly too.

There is a playground on site and TONS of old logging roses turned bike trails.

There are plenty of tent and RV sites and s few primitive sites for campers. There are showers a flushing toilets.

Group Camp

Pros: great area on top of a hill that looks down towards the water, nice lake with fishing, easy trails beach area, kids playgrouns Cons: bathroom is way down the hill, not much to do in the area, can’t bring your vehicle in the group camp so have to lug your things from outside of the camp are

Perfect for families!

Amazing place to camp for families! Nice sites, clean restrooms, swimming, kayaking, a playground, and miles of trails!

peace

This campground has been a family favorite. It's beautifully, peaceful and everyone can have fun here, whether you ride your bike, swim, fish or hike. It's a close to home spot that we love to visit often.

Ranger Review: CRKT WOODS CHOGAN T-HAWK and GUSSET BLACK WITH TRIPLE POINT SERRATIONS at Lake Sylvia State Park

Campground Review:

This campground is about a 2 hour drive from Seattle and the sites are a short walk to the lake, which is nice. It appears that this campground is aiming for a family vibe, as they offer a large playground and barriers in the shallow area of the water to help parents keep an eye on their little ones. Our campsite was one of the “primitive” sites just outside the group camping area and offered a fire pit, a couple of trees for hanging hammocks, and a picnic table. The sites are nice and room if you'd like to pitch more than one tent, and the water is extremely calm. This is the ideal place for paddle sports such as SUP and Kayaking. I probably wouldn’t go hear again because I prefer less of a family vibe and more of a hiking, deep in the woods vibe… but if you have kids this place would be great for you!

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt I get to review some awesome products that make my camping adventures even better! This trip I was lucky enough to review two products from Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT)

WOODS CHOGAN T-HAWK

This hatchet is great. Not only does it look nice and seem well put together, but it came nice and sharp so I didn't have to worry about sharpening it. I typically use a hatchet on camping trips to break up firewood into kindling to start my fire, or just making smaller pieces. It worked perfectly for that, and I really like the length of the handle. You can choke up on it a bit to give yourself a good hatchet for creating kindling, or comfortably fit both hands on it to get yourself a stronger swing. I will definitely buy the leather case that CRKT makes to cover the blade as well. If you need a hatchet for camping that's not over the top on pricing, but still allows function and style grab yourself this one.

GUSSET BLACK WITH TRIPLE POINT SERRATIONS

First of all, and this may seem like a very obvious statement, this knife is very sharp. It is sharper than any knife I have purchased in the past for camping and hiking. That being said, I love the knife! It is very comfortable to hold and use, and it was sharp enough to cut through anything I needed to cut during my camping trip. Anything from opening things up to cutting very thick wood or plastic, this is the knife for the job. The blade is a great length for everything I need to do when I'm camping/hiking, and less important but also nice, the handle has a really slick design to it. This knife is perfect for camping and hiking, but would also make a great everyday carry.

Many RV sites

There were far more RV sites in the loop we stayed (site 25) but being right next to the lake was wonderful. We had plenty of vegetative separation between us and our neighbors which was great.